Visitor User

Forgot to add side Gig in my N-400? Please help

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

What an exhausting thread 😬. I’m glad you have a good lawyer, otherwise the VJ servers would have blown up with your questions post an online submission. 😜

good luck Visitor User. From reading the Houston N400 thread interview appointments seem to be faster nowadays. 

USA via Scotland, South Africa, Rhodesia, Brazil, Qatar & India

2000. H1B…

2014. L1A…

2017. LPR…

2021. N400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Old_Glory said:

What an exhausting thread 😬. I’m glad you have a good lawyer, otherwise the VJ servers would have blown up with your questions post an online submission. 😜

good luck Visitor User. From reading the Houston N400 thread interview appointments seem to be faster nowadays. 

We can learn from any given thread.

Timeline

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DALLAS TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER on November 29, 2023 at 8:11 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

It was suppose to arrive on 11/30/23 by 9 pm. Now, there is no estimate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is a clear example of why we don't rush to send any application, especially if there is no deadline to submit. 

This is also an example of why some attorneys might be more interested in the $$ than helping the applicant.

Furthermore, this is also an example of why an "immigration" lawyer should never give tax advice. There is no point in waiting to file 2023 taxes to download the 2019-2022 tax return transcripts. They are readily available now. I'm sorry, but it sounds to me like this lawyer does not know what they are talking about.

Even though the last five years of taxes are not a requirement for initial submission, it is, indeed, in one's best interest to include them with the initial application. The more relevant information an officer has when reading the application, the higher the chances of a speedy approval. 

Taxes not only prove that you were married, which you weren't. Taxes prove good moral character. 

The employment part is a non- issue. Simply prepare an errata sheet, print it, sign it, and bring it to the interview. Before you are sworn in, tell the officer that you have some corrections to make. I did this with more "compromising" information such as weapons training. I am now a citizen.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

This is a clear example of why we don't rush to send any application, especially if there is no deadline to submit. 

This is also an example of why some attorneys might be more interested in the $$ than helping the applicant.

Furthermore, this is also an example of why an "immigration" lawyer should never give tax advice. There is no point in waiting to file 2023 taxes to download the 2019-2022 tax return transcripts. They are readily available now. I'm sorry, but it sounds to me like this lawyer does not know what they are talking about.

Even though the last five years of taxes are not a requirement for initial submission, it is, indeed, in one's best interest to include them with the initial application. The more relevant information an officer has when reading the application, the higher the chances of a speedy approval. 

Taxes not only prove that you were married, which you weren't. Taxes prove good moral character. 

The employment part is a non- issue. Simply prepare an errata sheet, print it, sign it, and bring it to the interview. Before you are sworn in, tell the officer that you have some corrections to make. I did this with more "compromising" information such as weapons training. I am now a citizen.

There was no rush. Lawyer had been working since September.

Tax advice was not given and wasn’t needed.

We have to wait for transcript because my interview will be in 2024. It wasn’t front load included because then I would be missing 2023 returns.

Also, I never left USA so that helps too and I registered for Selective Service.

Well, the 1099 would be on the Tax transcript.

You took weapons training? 

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline

Latest Update

Your item departed our USPS facility in DALLAS TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 1, 2023 at 5:23 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination

Timeline
7 hours ago, Visitor User said:

There was no rush. Lawyer had been working since September

Filing the application the same day you’re eligible without really checking the details is rushed. 

Tax advice was not given and wasn’t needed.

You said in your initial post that your attorney suggested you to wait until after you filed 2023 taxes to obtain tax records from 2019-2023. That’s tax advice, which, again, your lawyer has no business in giving because obviously he has zero clue what he’s talking about. You can download the 2019 tax return in the next five minutes. So again, either the lawyer is incompetent, or there is a language barrier. 

missing 2023 returns

You should have front loaded it. USCIS knows that they can’t require 2023 taxes until April 18th 2024. 

You took weapons training? 

Not formally, but my husband taught me how to use guns.

Edited by Rocio0010

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/1/2023 at 10:44 PM, Rocio0010 said:

Filing the application the same day you’re eligible without really checking the details is rushed. 

You said in your initial post that your attorney suggested you to wait until after you filed 2023 taxes to obtain tax records from 2019-2023. That’s tax advice, which, again, your lawyer has no business in giving because obviously he has zero clue what he’s talking about. You can download the 2019 tax return in the next five minutes. So again, either the lawyer is incompetent, or there is a language barrier. 

You should have front loaded it. USCIS knows that they can’t require 2023 taxes until April 18th 2024. 

Not formally, but my husband taught me how to use guns.

It wasn’t rushed. Lawyer’s office was working on it since September. We always had a plan to submit it on first day. 

Tax advice would be on getting recommendation on the Federal tax return. 

I have all my tax returns but we need the tax transcripts from the IRS site. The reason he didn’t ask for it now is because the instructions said there is no need for it since my application is not based on marriage, sponsored by my USC mother, 5 year wait, never left USA but we will have it ready at the interview if they ask for it. Good call on learning to use guns.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Visitor User said:

t wasn’t rushed. Lawyer’s office was working on it since September. We always had a plan to submit it on first day. 

Again, not checking the application thoroughly is rushed. Especially since you sent it the very first day. You could have waited.

Tax advice would be on getting recommendation on the Federal tax return. 

Why does your lawyer think it's better to wait to file 2023 taxes to get your records?

The reason he didn’t ask for it now is because the instructions said there is no need for it since my application is not based on marriage, sponsored by my USC mother, 5 year wait, never left USA but we will have it ready at the interview if they ask for it

Although you can bring them to the interview, submitting them with the application would have brought you a more speedy approval since they officer would have already reviewed them. Anyhow, water under the bridge. Good luck!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.