8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just received a RFE from uscis stating “USCIS did not receive your immigrant packet from CBP, therefore you need to provide form I-693. 
I can recall vividly, when I sent in the application I included a copy of my medical ( DS 3025 ), and all was done in less than 6 months I did the medicals. 

What do I have to do at this time?

Note that I came in with K1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You do as immigrations asks /even if done before

they can loose documents and they have 

But process will be on hold waiting for u to complete the  RFE needed document

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline

A DS-3025 is a Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.

An I-693 is a Report of Immigration Medical Examination.

You can have a DS-3025 be a part of an I-693 package but they are not the same thing.

If you've received an RFE for an I-693, you need to send them an I-693. 

If you did one already and don't have a copy of it, you may have to do another one.  My wife had one done here in the United States.  I think we paid $200-300 at the time (2011) and I *still* have an electronic copy of that form.

(Note for the future:  keep copies of every piece of paper you have to fill out as a part of the immigration process...at least until you have a naturalization certificate in hand.)

You can certainly write them back and tell them you did all of this already but that won't satisfy the RFE.  They may decide you don't really want to go through the process and cancel your application.

Regards,

Vicky's Mom

*** Topic moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures ***

Agreed - get a new medical done. This is not uncommon for K1s, it happens unfortunately. My recommended strategy with USCIS is always taking the path of least resistance.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/28/2023 at 12:22 PM, JeanneAdil said:

You do as immigrations asks /even if done before

they can loose documents and they have 

But process will be on hold waiting for u to complete the  RFE needed document

Thanks so much

On 11/28/2023 at 12:27 PM, Vickys_Mom said:

A DS-3025 is a Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.

An I-693 is a Report of Immigration Medical Examination.

You can have a DS-3025 be a part of an I-693 package but they are not the same thing.

If you've received an RFE for an I-693, you need to send them an I-693. 

If you did one already and don't have a copy of it, you may have to do another one.  My wife had one done here in the United States.  I think we paid $200-300 at the time (2011) and I *still* have an electronic copy of that form.

(Note for the future:  keep copies of every piece of paper you have to fill out as a part of the immigration process...at least until you have a naturalization certificate in hand.)

You can certainly write them back and tell them you did all of this already but that won't satisfy the RFE.  They may decide you don't really want to go through the process and cancel your application.

Regards,

Vicky's Mom

Thanks so much

On 11/29/2023 at 4:41 PM, powerpuff said:

Agreed - get a new medical done. This is not uncommon for K1s, it happens unfortunately. My recommended strategy with USCIS is always taking the path of least resistance.

Thanks so much

Timeline
On 11/29/2023 at 4:41 PM, powerpuff said:

Pls can you tell me what part of the I-693 form that needs to be filled up by the physician?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.