JayWalk

RFE I-693, waived vaccines now required? Name changed as well

12 posts in this topic

My vaccine sheet had this on it when initially sent to USCIS:

Td - B(insufficient time interval to complete series)

Hepatitis B - D(Not available in-country)

Varicella - Vaccine is checked with date, but also has B(insufficient time interval to complete series

Influenza - F(Flu vaccine not available)

I also have 13 things with A(Not age appropriate). So I now that I have been rejected and have to do a new medical, I have to take over 13 vaccines?????? Do I put my new married name on the I-693?

Edited by JayWalk

• JayWalk changed the title to RFE I-693, waived vaccines now required? Name changed as well
1 hour ago, JayWalk said:

Varicella - Vaccine is checked with date, but also has B(insufficient time interval to complete series

I also have 13 things with A(Not age appropriate). So I now that I have been rejected and have to do a new medical, I have to take over 13 vaccines?????? Do I put my new married name on the I-693?

Did you file the AOS with the married name? 

Is the 13 things what the Civil Surgeon is telling you? The path of least resistance is to complete the I-693 as recommended by the Civil Surgeon since they should know what USCIS wants and USCIS is looking for the I-693 signed by the Civil Surgeon. 

Edited by EatBulaga

1 hour ago, EatBulaga said:

Did you file the AOS with the married name? 

Is the 13 things what the Civil Surgeon is telling you? The path of least resistance is to complete the I-693 as recommended by the Civil Surgeon since they should know what USCIS wants and USCIS is looking for the I-693 signed by the Civil Surgeon. 

I-485 was filed with marriage name. Which one do I use for new 693? The 13 vaccines with "A"(polio, rotavirus, etc..) and 4 listed are whats on my DS-3025. Its thanksgiving now so no office is open.

Edited by JayWalk

31 minutes ago, JayWalk said:

I-485 was filed with marriage name. Which one do I use for new 693? The 13 vaccines with "A"(polio, rotavirus, etc..) and 4 listed are whats on my DS-3025. Its thanksgiving now so no office is open.

Put the name that you filed with the AOS on the I-693, which you say is your married name. It would help having a state ID with the married name for the Civil Surgeon doctor's office to verify the identity and for them to fill out the I-693.

Find a Civil Surgeon near you and schedule an appointment. 

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/find-a-civil-surgeon

Make a copy of the RFE and bring it to the Civil Surgeon along with a copy of the DS-3025 and any vaccine records like Covid, etc. They will want copies. The Civil Surgeon will take it from there, and recommend what you need to be USCIS compliant. Extra vaccine doses, tests or additional appointments will have extra fees. So expect to pay. Get the I-693 to respond to the RFE, sooner the better.

Edited by EatBulaga

What are you referring to????

Your DS3025???

Your DS3025 will have waivers on it.  Definitely does NOT mean you're DS3025 is not valid AT ALL. That's what a WAIVER IS.

The bottom left will tell you of its complete.

If it's marked complete, your waivers are valid and you don't need to redo your medical unless told by your adjudicator.

That IS the process. 

37 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

What are you referring to????

Your DS3025???

Your DS3025 will have waivers on it.  Definitely does NOT mean you're DS3025 is not valid AT ALL. That's what a WAIVER IS.

The bottom left will tell you of its complete.

If it's marked complete, your waivers are valid and you don't need to redo your medical unless told by your adjudicator.

That IS the process. 

Right, the waivers from the medical taken in the Philippines are valid. I have to get a new medical though, wouldnt the new civil surgeon here in USA not waive the same vaccines since some of them can be taken now?

26 minutes ago, JayWalk said:

Right, the waivers from the medical taken in the Philippines are valid. I have to get a new medical though, wouldnt the new civil surgeon here in USA not waive the same vaccines since some of them can be taken now?

Why do you need to get a new medical? Who says?

You post says that YOU have concluded based on the answers on your DS3025 that your medical is not valid. 

That is not true.

You only redo your medical when told to.

Your post does not say in it that you have been told to redo your medical.

Why have you made that HUGE and very UNNECESSARY assumption?

15 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Why do you need to get a new medical? Who says?

You post says that YOU have concluded based on the answers on your DS3025 that your medical is not valid. 

That is not true.

You only redo your medical when told to.

Your post does not say in it that you have been told to redo your medical.

Why have you made that HUGE and very UNNECESSARY assumption?

I got RFE saying 3025 is incomplete and I need to do a 693

13 minutes ago, JayWalk said:

I got RFE saying 3025 is incomplete and I need to do a 693

As @EatBulaga pointed out, civil surgeon will give you vaccines that are age appropriate you're missing due to not available in your home country etc. You won't be receiving anything you already have or inappropriate.

Edited by OldUser

only civil surgeon can decide which vaccine that you need to take if you required to take

bring a copy of ur DS 3025, bring any of ur vaccine history (if you have any)

if surgeon need to find out about wether u need vaccine or not, he will / can do titer test 

as in married name, u just follow what u put on ur AOS package. dont confuse them with another name

22 hours ago, JayWalk said:

The good and bad about K1 visa is you technically do not have to get all the vaccines in the home country-

Good: if medical is incomplete you won't be refused the K1 visa to move to US. 

Bad: Incomplete medical means you may need to complete any vaccines you couldn't if USCIS decides you can complete the series (this might be the situation in your case). OR you have to re-do the entire medical if your adjustment is not completed before medical expires... 

When I was researching vaccines, I saw for immigration purposes the embassy was okay as long as you received your first shot of whichever vaccine you required (Covid being the only outlier where you needed to complete the series).

I would re-do the entire medical to be safe. On Hacking's show a few weeks ago, someone's AOS was denied because they did not re-do the medical when requested... and now they have to re-file another AOS package again. 

36 minutes ago, Redro said:

I would re-do the entire medical to be safe. On Hacking's show a few weeks ago, someone's AOS was denied because they did not re-do the medical when requested... and now they have to re-file another AOS package again. 

that caller didnt even go to civil surgoen when they received RFE lol. the just sent copy of their medical and no i-693 signed by the surgeon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.