S I A N

November 2023 - AOS Filers

138 posts in this topic

Update on my case: 

My timeline so far: 

NOA1 11/14

Biometrics letter on 12/2

Completed biometrics 12/20 but the case status still says "Biometrics scheduled".  

1/8- Documents tab had EAD-AP combo card approval notice! 

1/8- Asked Emma about card status and agent said "Card is being produced".

How long did it take after card being produced for did it take for them to ship it and for you guys to get it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 12/13/2023 at 12:31 PM, arbk said:

Completed biometrics today so both I-485 and I-765 had their cases updated to “actively being reviewed.” A next day EAD card being produced update would be nice like some of you have gotten especially with Dec 15 marking 2 years since we submitted the K-1 visa application.

Update on my last one.. We got the combo card approved today! The MyProgress and Case History tabs still show in progress but there was a new file listed under the Documents tab showing it was approved today. Early birthday gift for my wife 😄

Timeline
1 hour ago, arbk said:

Update on my last one.. We got the combo card approved today! The MyProgress and Case History tabs still show in progress but there was a new file listed under the Documents tab showing it was approved today. Early birthday gift for my wife 😄

Ah you are so lucky!

Also fun to see a fellow Japan filer.

Comparing timelines it looks like you submitted 4 days before us but our biometrics appointment was on January 2nd instead of December 13th (our NOA1 was December 12th). So it seems I'll have to keep waiting but hopefully have a combo card in the next few weeks? Always such a gamble.

Does anyone know perhaps the reasons between being approved for just EAD vs the combo card? Combo card is ideal for us as we want to get permission to leave the country asap so we can plan celebrations in Japan.

New update:

11/14/2023 - Sent to USCIS (I-485 + I-765 and  I-131 concurrent filing)

11/15/2023 - NOA1

11/25/2023 - Biometrics notice went out

12/11/2023 - Biometrics appointment

12/11/2023 - AOS and EAD cases changed to "actively reviewed"

01/05/2024 - RFE I-485 (Public Charge inadmissibility questions)

01/06/2024 - Response To USCIS Request For Evidence Was Received

01/09/2024 - EAD-AP combo card approval

Edited by Rocketman50

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Rocketman50 said:

New update:

11/15/2023 - NOA1

Congrats! :) getting closer to your GC but now you're virtually free haha.

Timeline
1 hour ago, 2hon said:

Ah you are so lucky!

Also fun to see a fellow Japan filer.

Comparing timelines it looks like you submitted 4 days before us but our biometrics appointment was on January 2nd instead of December 13th (our NOA1 was December 12th). So it seems I'll have to keep waiting but hopefully have a combo card in the next few weeks? Always such a gamble.

Does anyone know perhaps the reasons between being approved for just EAD vs the combo card? Combo card is ideal for us as we want to get permission to leave the country asap so we can plan celebrations in Japan.

Seems like people who submitted an application in the last few months receive it faster on average than those who submitted before then.

Not sure about your second question, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the spouse is from a country that is in good standings with the U.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
15 hours ago, skk12345 said:

Congrats to the recent EAD-combo card approvals!

I contacted Emma again-the agent my card was in production but can take upto 60d. 

Did anyone else get a tracking number yet from the recent batch of approvals?

Thanks!

For me, 4 days after Card Was Produced the status changed to Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service. The description of the case status includes a tracking code. If you have USPS informed delivery it will also automatically show up under packages. The latter happened a little earlier, so that's how we found out.

Edited by soda_consumer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 hours ago, 2hon said:

We final got our EAD work approval. Pretty bummed though because it was a standalone and I was really hoping for the AP + EAD combo approval. 

Same with my wife. 

Case closed

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

Submitted on October 31, 2023Receipt # IOE0922........

• SectionsCase StatusCase HistoryDocuments

Case History
January 13, 2024
Status

Card Was Produced

Date

January 13, 2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/9/2024 at 11:52 AM, Rocketman50 said:

New update:

11/15/2023 - NOA1

Congratulations!

Hello again, all!

My combo card approval notice was on 1/7/24.

Called USCIS today- they said card is being produced, but gave no further details regarding timeline. 

USPS informed consent also shows no updates. 

In general, how long did it take everyone to physically receive the EAD-AP card?  

I may be potentially be able to start working on Feb 1 if I get it within the next week or so. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.