jan23

After my son gets here in the u.s,.he's 17.what will happend next [merged threads]

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jan23 said:

My son will have his interview soon,and I'm going to pick him up .do I need certain documentation or certain amount of money ? What else I have to do?

If  

* you are his biological and custodial parent

* he is under age 18 after he gets his visa, and 

* you are willing and able to apply for his U.S. passport

do not pay the immigrant fee to USCIS. He will not need a green card since he will be a U.S. citizen  

No money needed to enter the U.S.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, jan23 said:

It's been more than a month ,.I'm not receiving anything in the mail.do I have to go somewhere? 

Do you mean that your son already entered the US with his immigrant visa?

53 minutes ago, jan23 said:

Yes..

Is he your biological child?  Are you listed as the father on his birth certificate?

Also, are you married to your son's mother?  If not, do you have documents showing you have legal custody of your son?

Just to confirm -- you're a US citizen, right?

• Chancy changed the title to After my son gets here in the u.s,.he's 17.what will happend next [merged threads]

*** Merged related threads, and moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to Moving to the US & Your New Life In America forum, where topics about processes after visa issuance and US entry are discussed ***

3 hours ago, Chancy said:

Is he your biological child?  Are you listed as the father on his birth certificate?

Also, are you married to your son's mother?  If not, do you have documents showing you have legal custody of your son?

Just to confirm -- you're a US citizen, right?

I'm the biological mom.

Yes.im a u.s citizen

Edited by jan23
Dont know how to work this website

tmPe.jpg8sYym8.png

yesXm8.png

VS7lm8.png

12 hours ago, jan23 said:

I'm the biological mom.

Thanks for the info.  Are you married to your son's father?  If not, do you have documents showing you have legal custody of your son?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.