Myb1101

Cr1 visa refused need help, PLEASE!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everyone. I need some help. Yesterday my wife had her interview for the cr1 visa in Peru . During the interview the officer noticed that her police records for Brazil were missing. My wife lived in Brazil for a year over a decade ago and we missed the fact that she needed police records from Brazil. The agent gave her a 221g form that instructed us to mail in the Brazilian police records. We wasted no time and did that right away. The have been mailed to the embassy and will be in the consulor section in the morning. Does ANYONE know how long this process will take? Hopefully it’s quick since it’s from something that happened 10 years ago and there are zero criminal charges against her at all, in fact she was a missionary in Brazil. They don’t specify a timeline but if anyone knows anything, please help us 🥺

IMG_6328.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Note depending on where in Brazil,  you should have requested both federal and state police records (unless in Rio Grande de Norte).     My wife got a request for my original divorce from a prior wedding,  they processed it within 10 days of getting the right document to them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, Myb1101 said:

Brazil has only one in terms of immigration certificates. Thank you for telling the timing.

If you are referring to police certificates from Brazil,  there is both federal police and state police.  And the only state that does not do state police is Rio Grande de Norte.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Just a Heads Up.  My MIL lived  in Mexico for 2 years before returning to Peru. She was asked to provide a form call Migratory Movement that is issued by www.gob.pe/migraciones.

Just in case, you might want to check that out before they ask for it IMHO.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

On 11/17/2023 at 7:40 PM, Myb1101 said:

Brazil has only one in terms of immigration certificates. Thank you for telling the timing.

This doesn't seem to apply to you as your wife lived there 10 years ago, but just for future ref for others, the country specific guidelines say "Immigrant visa applicants in Brazil need to provide a police certificate from each state in which they have lived for over six months during the last five years as well as a federal police certificate".

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Brazil.html

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline

My wife served as a missionary in Brazil over 10 years ago. And 8.5 years ago was the last time she was in Brazil, and she NEVER stayed in one state for more than 5 months. She had a religious visa. And no state ID. 

5 minutes ago, Myb1101 said:

My wife served as a missionary in Brazil over 10 years ago. And 8.5 years ago was the last time she was in Brazil, and she NEVER stayed in one state for more than 5 months. She had a religious visa. And no state ID. 

Right, as I said it doesn't seem to apply to you and your situation, but just wanted to post it as you said there is only one police cert for immigration, which isn't correct. So it was for others searching in the future really. 

HTH.

Timeline

Thank you appleblossom. My question is , now do I have to point this out to the consular officer or do they already know this without me having to explain. And do you think they will push for state certifications or will they just be happy with the federal certification?

7 minutes ago, Myb1101 said:

Thank you appleblossom. My question is , now do I have to point this out to the consular officer or do they already know this without me having to explain. And do you think they will push for state certifications or will they just be happy with the federal certification?

They should know this, but personally I'd print a copy of the country specific rules and take that with me just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.