mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

467 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 2/10/2024 at 5:02 PM, XinTing said:

We are in the same boat - no news since our biometrics in October :( 

We are as well :( It can feel discouraging to see others that share a timeline be approved before you. I keep the 'hope' up by looking at the USCIS case status analysis tool that mw & rg k1 shared in this forum earlier - there are still thousands both before my group and in my group with the same status. Although I of course hope they all get approved asap, it is comforting to see that we are indeed not alone!

Also, I try not to check on the case status on USCIS every day. It can become a bit of an obsession and somehow makes the process feel even longer and difficult to deal with.

I send you all good luck and hope we can all soon share an approval on here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, rierose said:

I keep the 'hope' up by looking at the USCIS case status analysis tool that mw & rg k1 shared in this forum earlier - there are still thousands both before my group and in my group with the same status.

Sharing that link again that @rierose was referring to ... this is right to green card status.

https://www.casestatusext.com/forms/I-485/IOE-LB

That said, I suspect that some of the" rushing of EAD/AP files (when it happens) is them doing some cleanup.
Remember I was "Denied" on those but only because we got the GC approved ... so the statistics could easily be wrong (but what else is new with this whole process).

Even after approval, everyone here still has plenty of work to do .... hope to see you in a future group and I won't be going anywhere in case you have a question that I have any idea about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The completed I-693 Medical as requested by the RFE we were sent 2 weeks ago was received last Friday at USCIS. Yesterday the case status showed this update:

February 11, 2024

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On February 11, 2024, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number IOE09229......

USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Response received on Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 8:12 a.m. PST. We will review the evidence.

I will keep you folks updated as things progress.  Hopefully no more RFE's as this was the second one we had received since filing gor the AOS on October 31st.

Edited by ThailandR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

We have an exciting update with my EAD approved as per the 13th of Feb, which coincidentally is my birthday - what a great birthday gift! 🎁

It has still not updated the status on the USCIS case tracker as being approved, but I found the approval notice under the documents tab, active from the 13th, notice created on the 15th. Looking forward to receiving the approval notice in person and the card of course.

I have a question, as I can see lots are receiving their combo cards. The document title states 'standalone approval', which I assume means that it is only for the I-765, and not the I-131 combo (also there is no update/approval under that, which would cooperate that it is standalone').

Just wondering if others had a similar situation - regardless, just so happy to have some movement and an approval!

Best,

R

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hi all, here is my timeline: 

• 9/12/2023 mailed I-485 packet (packet received 9/14)
  • 9/27/2023 Case number assigned (IOE09224...)
  • 10/10/2023 Letter recvd regarding biometrics. Biometrics scheduled for 10/20.
  • 10/20/2021, completed biometrics
  • 10/21/2023. case shows as "Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS" 

and crickets since then. I check the status almost everyday and it never changes anything. I am losing a lot of patience as my wife wants to visit her family but I keep being the bearer of bad news to her telling her there are no updates almost daily. Should I contact USCIS about the status? Am I in normal processing times compared to you guys? Anyone file around the same time as me and still waiting? I am desperate for some movement. Any insight would be helpful! Thank you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, vldrnxrz said:

and crickets since then. I check the status almost everyday and it never changes anything. I am losing a lot of patience as my wife wants to visit her family but I keep being the bearer of bad news to her telling her there are no updates almost daily. Should I contact USCIS about the status? Am I in normal processing times compared to you guys? Anyone file around the same time as me and still waiting? I am desperate for some movement. Any insight would be helpful! Thank you!

https://www.casestatusext.com/forms/I-485/IOE-LB

doesn't help and I'd also say that even though we were on the fast side, this does show that there is still a ton of processing to do.

What I would recommend, double and triple check your forms.  In particular, this forum has a few examples of "mis-answered" questions ... do a minor fix if you find one and upload ... it "may" make things faster

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Received RFE today 2/27, they are requesting evidence of shared marital life together, basic stuff like shared property, names on lease, joint bank accounts and tax returns, photos of the marriage ceremony.

I assume these are being requested as a chance to bypass the interview.

6 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

Received RFE today 2/27, they are requesting evidence of shared marital life together, basic stuff like shared property, names on lease, joint bank accounts and tax returns, photos of the marriage ceremony.

Did you not already provide all of that as part of your I-130? 

22 hours ago, vldrnxrz said:

Right there with ya. It’s been silent and we even uploaded “corrections” due to realizing we answered a question wrong. 

Our I-130 has been showing as “taking longer than usual” since December. Reached out to USCIS and they said “everything looks good, it’s just in the hands of the case worker.”

Lately it’s been 4 weeks then 4 months on the I-485 just alternating back and forth. 

on the bright side, the I-94 travel history has gone *poof*! Supposedly that’s a good sign. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, eatplaysleep said:

Did you not already provide all of that as part of your I-130? 

If you look at my timeline we are doing AOS via K-1 Visa. I don't believe that evidence was going to be needed until after the I-485, when we need to file for removal of conditions. Unless I've been woefully uninformed this whole time, but nothing suggested shared marital life was required when adjusting from K-1.

Edited by badwolfxi

34 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

If you look at my timeline we are doing AOS via K-1 Visa. I don't believe that evidence was going to be needed until after the I-485, when we need to file for removal of conditions. Unless I've been woefully uninformed this whole time, but nothing suggested shared marital life was required when adjusting from K-1.

Oh my apologies. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Didn’t catch that. 

On 2/19/2024 at 11:52 AM, rierose said:

We have an exciting update with my EAD approved as per the 13th of Feb, which coincidentally is my birthday - what a great birthday gift! 🎁

It has still not updated the status on the USCIS case tracker as being approved, but I found the approval notice under the documents tab, active from the 13th, notice created on the 15th. Looking forward to receiving the approval notice in person and the card of course.

I have a question, as I can see lots are receiving their combo cards. The document title states 'standalone approval', which I assume means that it is only for the I-765, and not the I-131 combo (also there is no update/approval under that, which would cooperate that it is standalone').

Just wondering if others had a similar situation - regardless, just so happy to have some movement and an approval!

Best,

R

Congrats! My husband had the same thing happen. No other updates since then on his green card application. 

Tbh, I am just happy we got his EAD at this point.

Hope that helps!

Timeline
On 2/27/2024 at 10:15 AM, badwolfxi said:

I would try to reach an agent though Emma and expore what this is ....
Those things should be I751 ... not I485 as you said in a follow up comment ...

That said, we are working on our proof of marriage doc which also dates to our first days ...
Strongly recommend opening a doc and adding as you go ... I find it far easier to do as we do things and remember that we need to take a photo ... because it will be used there.

Timeline
1 hour ago, mw & rg k1 said:

I would try to reach an agent though Emma and expore what this is ....
Those things should be I751 ... not I485 as you said in a follow up comment ...

That said, we are working on our proof of marriage doc which also dates to our first days ...
Strongly recommend opening a doc and adding as you go ... I find it far easier to do as we do things and remember that we need to take a photo ... because it will be used there.

We've already gathered the requested documents and are mailing it out today. I did a Google search and this specific RFE has been issued many times before to other people. And after they responded to the RFE, a few weeks later their cases were approved.

So we'll just send this out and I'll report back when we hear from them again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
On 2/27/2024 at 10:25 AM, eatplaysleep said:

Right there with ya. It’s been silent and we even uploaded “corrections” due to realizing we answered a question wrong. 

Our I-130 has been showing as “taking longer than usual” since December. Reached out to USCIS and they said “everything looks good, it’s just in the hands of the case worker.”

Lately it’s been 4 weeks then 4 months on the I-485 just alternating back and forth. 

on the bright side, the I-94 travel history has gone *poof*! Supposedly that’s a good sign. 

It's frustrating and eating me alive!! I thought waiting for the I-129F to get approved was stressful... this is just as stressful! I keep checking the USCIS site every day for updates and nothing ever updates on there. It bounces around from 4 months... to 2 weeks... to 2 months... to 3 weeks... to 4 months again. It's extremely frustrating! 

You said you reached out to USCIS, did you contact them via phone, email, in person at an office? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.