Mello3

No IGRA Tests Not Available??

34 posts in this topic

I am kind of a wreck. Theres also no interview appointments available in november or December or next year.

We called the medical building yesterday and they confirmed they have no tests and if the minor goes to the interview they won't entertain him without his medical packet. 

We are at a loss of what to do.

Edited by Cheesehead22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cheesehead22 said:

I am kind of a wreck. Theres also no interview appointments available in november or December or next year.

We called the medical building yesterday and they confirmed they have no tests and if the minor goes to the interview they won't entertain him without his medical packet. 

We are at a loss of what to do.

thats so strange because my son went yesterday and completed it all. I am thinking maybe they have a shortage and at some point will run out so they are setting the expectation low to minimize drama when they eventually run out for real. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cheesehead22 said:

There's nothing to reschedule the interview a bit later. I feel at a loss.

IMG_3111.jpeg

fyi, there are cancelations all the time...just keep checking

I think we will try to attend the medical. We already paid for domestics tickets to manila and have hotel reservations. We Understand they probably won't have any test available for my fiances son, but we are hoping by some godly miracle they have one on the 18th. We really don't have a choice. The embassy doesn't have any openings at all after our date. If they can't test her son, we will cancel our embassy interview and wait for later openings. 

It's like we got baited and switched. This isn't ideal at all and we are an emotional roller coaster. 

Update: they really have no IGRA tests. Our k2 addition could not complete his medical and can't move forward with the interview.

They would not give if an estimate when they would have more.

There are also no interview slots available at a later date. 

My fiance is going back to Leyte with no visa. We aren't feeling very hot. 

21 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

Update: they really have no IGRA tests. Our k2 addition could not complete his medical and can't move forward with the interview.

They would not give if an estimate when they would have more.

There are also no interview slots available at a later date. 

My fiance is going back to Leyte with no visa. We aren't feeling very hot. 

They open new interview slots all the time as needed.  Just keep checking 

Good day @Cheesehead22 or @Mello3

My fiance and her K2 have a medical appointment on Monday, 10/23.  We booked it on 9/28.  We are praying non-stop, but it looks like @Cheesehead22 your k2 did not get it.  There is always a better day and do not give up!

Our question is, when did you book your medical?  It is interesting that some people were told that the hospital is running a shortage but ends up getting the test @Mello3

Our thoughts were a little courtesy call from the hospital telling us that we will NOT be given the test could go a long way…

We hope for a respond, if possible.  The best course of action is to remain positive and pray!

Sincerely,

Edited by Marc Jexell

Timeline
3 hours ago, Marc Jexell said:

My fiance and her K2 have a medical appointment on Monday, 10/23.  We booked it on 9/28.  We are praying non-stop, but it looks like @Cheesehead22 your k2 did not get it.  There is always a better day and do not give up!

Our question is, when did you book your medical?  It is interesting that some people were told that the hospital is running a shortage but ends up getting the test @Mello3

Our thoughts were a little courtesy call from the hospital telling us that we will NOT be given the test could go a long way…

We hope for a respond, if possible.  The best course of action is to remain positive and pray!

Sincerely,

Hi, 

We were actually not told anything about the test shortage. My fiance just happened to look on the website a day or two before our appointment and happened to see the nitification and that prompted me to make this post. I think they put the notification on the website in anticipation of running out and we were just one of the lucky few that got in before the test were all gone. A courtesy call to each person with a scheduled appointment would be nice but I thik too much to anticipate or expect. This is the Philippines and things dont always go as planned there. 

We could use some advice if anybody has some wisdom to share.

My fiance and her k2 have completed the medical, without the igra test for her son, and he will need to go back when some are available. At first we were going to just call it and send her back home, delay the interview and wait.

But she has expressed some anxiety with the interview lately, concerned what if they deny our visas. The wait is really causing stress.

So, we have their interview set for Tuesday, we have not canceled or rescheduled it, and now we are considering having her go through with the interview without her k2. Lets say she is approved, what would happen with the k2 visa? Is it easy to reschedule just a k2 appointment? It might be so much easier to continue everything knowing you have a visa approved.

What do you all think?

Thanks

17 hours ago, Marc Jexell said:

Sincerely,

we had our medical booked about a month ago. We also had no warning about igra tests. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Cheesehead22 said:

My fiance and her k2 have completed the medical, without the igra test for her son, and he will need to go back when some are available. At first we were going to just call it and send her back home, delay the interview and wait.

But she has expressed some anxiety with the interview lately, concerned what if they deny our visas. The wait is really causing stress.

So, we have their interview set for Tuesday, we have not canceled or rescheduled it, and now we are considering having her go through with the interview without her k2. Lets say she is approved, what would happen with the k2 visa? Is it easy to reschedule just a k2 appointment? It might be so much easier to continue everything knowing you have a visa approved.

What do you all think?

Thanks

I think this is the choice I would take too. Knowing that we are one step closer does relieve some anxiety and once approved the visa is good for 6 months so plenty of time to get the children tested so they can have their visa approved. I dont think that children are required to have an interview at the embassy (someone can correct me) so it seems that once the tests are available and the children pass they can be issued a visa and you will not need a new embassy interview.

Other more experienced members can clarify but that is the choice I would make. 

Timeline
On 10/19/2023 at 8:08 PM, Cheesehead22 said:

What do you all think?

Thanks

Good morning, I believe you said your appointment was yesterday so I hope you were approved and yensions have been reduced with you and your loved one. 

16 minutes ago, Mello3 said:

Good morning, I believe you said your appointment was yesterday so I hope you were approved and yensions have been reduced with you and your loved one. 

That's really kind of you. Both my fiance and her k2 went to the embassy. They allowed her k2 to enter without his complete medical packet (they told me he would not be allowed in when I submitted inquiry). The interview went smoothly and they were approved, they barely asked any questions as well.

They said they can not issue the visas until her k2 has his IGRA test. They issued a 221g for the IGRA test.

Once medical has tests available we will fly they back and complete his test, then submit it to the embassy. 

We feel much more calm now, and I really appreciate you reaching out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.