Gaby&Talbert

Pregnancy waiver for vaccines affect on AOS

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone here in VJ gone through the AOS process while being pregnant and not had to receive vaccines? I wonder if the greencard would be delayed until the vaccines can be given?

Edited by Gaby&Talbert

Has anyone here in VJ gone through the AOS process while being pregnant and not had to receive vaccines? I wonder if the greencard would be delayed until the vaccines can be given?

What do you mean by "not had to receive"? There is a section on the I-693A form that states something about a waiver and not getting required vaccinations. I'm sure there are different situations when people can not get immunized (pregnancy is one of them). When you go see the CS he'll be able to tell you about the waiver info.

If you file without the I-693A, well then you'll probably get an RFE and it will delay your case until you submit it back to them.

12140.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
We filed with the 693 suppliment and the CS noted pregnancy and vaccines were not appropriate.

My wife has....the TD vacc is safe. You can get titers for the rest.

I-129F

5/30/06 Mailed I-129F to NSC

6/9 NOA1

6/30 IMBRA RFE rec'd and sent back to CSC

9/7 NOA2

10/6 File sent to NVC

10/18 File sent to embassy

11/14 Medical

12/6 Interview - visa approved

12/28 Visa issued

2/1/07 Fiancé arrives in US

2/10 Married

AOS

3/27/07 Mailed I-485 to Chicago

3/30 I-485 delivered

4/5 NOA1

4/6 Check cashed

4/13 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/1 Biometrics

5/2 I-485 trx'd to CSC

5/21 I-485 now pending at CSC

7/11 Card production ordered

7/16 Welcome to US notice rec'd

7/17 Approval notice rec'd

7/20 GC rec'd

I-751

4/14/09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

4/16 I-751 delivered

4/16 NOA1

4/30 Check cashed

5/5 NOA1 rec'd

5/16 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/29 Biometrics

6/8 Approved

6/11 Approval notice rec'd

7/9 Card production ordered

7/18 GC rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We filed with the 693 suppliment and the CS noted pregnancy and vaccines were not appropriate.

The CDC recommends waiting until the 2nd or 3rd trimester to give the Td vaccine.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm

"Although no evidence exists that tetanus and diphtheria toxoids are teratogenic, waiting until the second trimester of pregnancy to administer Td is a reasonable precaution for minimizing any concern about the theoretical possibility of such reactions."

Edited by garya505

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The CDC recommends waiting until the 2nd or 3rd trimester to give the Td vaccine.

"Although no evidence exists that tetanus and diphtheria toxoids are teratogenic, waiting until the second trimester of pregnancy to administer Td is a reasonable precaution for minimizing any concern about the theoretical possibility of such reactions."

My doctor and the civil surgeon said the TD vacc was just fine, even during the 1st trimester.

I-129F

5/30/06 Mailed I-129F to NSC

6/9 NOA1

6/30 IMBRA RFE rec'd and sent back to CSC

9/7 NOA2

10/6 File sent to NVC

10/18 File sent to embassy

11/14 Medical

12/6 Interview - visa approved

12/28 Visa issued

2/1/07 Fiancé arrives in US

2/10 Married

AOS

3/27/07 Mailed I-485 to Chicago

3/30 I-485 delivered

4/5 NOA1

4/6 Check cashed

4/13 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/1 Biometrics

5/2 I-485 trx'd to CSC

5/21 I-485 now pending at CSC

7/11 Card production ordered

7/16 Welcome to US notice rec'd

7/17 Approval notice rec'd

7/20 GC rec'd

I-751

4/14/09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

4/16 I-751 delivered

4/16 NOA1

4/30 Check cashed

5/5 NOA1 rec'd

5/16 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/29 Biometrics

6/8 Approved

6/11 Approval notice rec'd

7/9 Card production ordered

7/18 GC rec'd

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I dont think they will delay AOS for the pregnancy, they may say to bring proof of the ones safe during pregnancy but the CS we went to noted not appropriate on all that were required.

Edited by Gaby&Talbert

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well i am just in the I129F stage and my fiance is pregnant... i hope that it goes by quick enough before she is not able to travel because of the pregnancy...i guess i would try to get some kind of waivers for the ones she cant get during pregnancy

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My doctor and the civil surgeon said the TD vacc was just fine, even during the 1st trimester.

Ya, some docs say that, some don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

My wife was pregnant when we filed her AOS and she was able to avoid some of the vaccines, all we had to do was submit proof of her pregnancy to the civil surgeon and with our AOS package, there were NO RFE's and no delay, she received her Green card inside of 6months from the date of filing.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.