kearinne

Anyone ever have this problem?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

tomali_dryer.JPG

I'm telling you, I can't do a load of laundry without this happening! :P

I take out one load from the dryer, grab the next from the washer and *POOF* our cat Tomali appears in the dryer before I can blink.

I knew I shoulda named him Loki when we first got him...

Still can't help but love the little mischief maker... :luv:

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

tomali_dryer.JPG

I'm telling you, I can't do a load of laundry without this happening! :P

I take out one load from the dryer, grab the next from the washer and *POOF* our cat Tomali appears in the dryer before I can blink.

I knew I shoulda named him Loki when we first got him...

Still can't help but love the little mischief maker... :luv:

I just love that photo. What a great cat.

We have a visiting neighbourhood cat that always tries to get into the washing machine. Much smaller door and much darker than a dryer, so more need to check carefully first..... :unsure:

Beautiful cat though.....

Filed: Timeline

My cat loves the drier, too. She will jump in with clothes in there, too and hide underneath it all :wacko:

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nice pic. If I caught my cat inside the dryer he'd know he was caught and run like hell, no way I would be able to go grab the cam and take a pic.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

One of our cats once took a tumble or two needless to say after than he didnt get in there....

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

I'm ashamed to admit this but I once loaded my dryer and started it with one of my cats inside. The kitchen was dark so I couldn't see inside the dryer. I didn't realize it until about 30 seconds later; that thump just didn't sound right. I opened the door and that cat FLEW out.

Another time my husband loaded the washing machine without realizing that one of our cats was napping inside. He had just pressed the start button when I saw this terrified little face in the window. Needless to say I practically tore the machine apart to get the cat out.

After that I got so paranoid that I check the washer and dryer several times for felines before pressing that button!

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I'm ashamed to admit this but I once loaded my dryer and started it with one of my cats inside. The kitchen was dark so I couldn't see inside the dryer. I didn't realize it until about 30 seconds later; that thump just didn't sound right. I opened the door and that cat FLEW out.

Another time my husband loaded the washing machine without realizing that one of our cats was napping inside. He had just pressed the start button when I saw this terrified little face in the window. Needless to say I practically tore the machine apart to get the cat out.

After that I got so paranoid that I check the washer and dryer several times for felines before pressing that button!

I shouldn't laugh, but...... bump!

By the way HA, have your cats settled in yet?

I shouldn't laugh, but...... bump!

By the way HA, have your cats settled in yet?

I can laugh about it now because the kitties were OK, but I felt terrible for days after each incident happened. :crying:

My cats are mostly settled now, thanks for asking. One of them is fighting a lot with my parents' cats so finding a place of my own is now a top priority. I'm starting work next week so I'm running out of time to do serious bachelorette pad shopping!

I can laugh about it now because the kitties were OK, but I felt terrible for days after each incident happened. :crying:

My cats are mostly settled now, thanks for asking. One of them is fighting a lot with my parents' cats so finding a place of my own is now a top priority. I'm starting work next week so I'm running out of time to do serious bachelorette pad shopping!

Oh wow! Congratulations on the job. I knew you were interviewing, I hadn't realised that you had decided which one to take. That is such good news and soooo fast. I am really pleased for you. :dance::dance::dance:

What is the job? (Or tell me to mind my own business..... :whistle: )

Our "neighbourhood" cat fights with any cat that tries to come into our garden. He hasn't realised it's not HIS garden!! He will defend territorial rights over our garden more than his own!! Nor has he realised it's not HIS house, and still he thinks he should have 24 hour access.

I can't wait to get a little kitty of my own......

#######?...i thought when you wrote laundry problems, it was about something else... :o

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Oh wow! Congratulations on the job. I knew you were interviewing, I hadn't realised that you had decided which one to take. That is such good news and soooo fast. I am really pleased for you. :dance::dance::dance:

I'll be working as a senior SQL Server programmer, which is pretty darn good considering my experience. I guess I impressed them by knowing the difference between the WHERE clause and the HAVING clause. :lol:

Our "neighbourhood" cat fights with any cat that tries to come into our garden. He hasn't realised it's not HIS garden!! He will defend territorial rights over our garden more than his own!! Nor has he realised it's not HIS house, and still he thinks he should have 24 hour access.

Awww....cats can be a pain like that. One of my cats used to fight with the neighborhood bully cat in England and I had to take him to the vet several times for his injuries. My cats are strictly indoor cats now and they're getting used to that. They don't try to dash out the door anymore.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'll be working as a senior SQL Server programmer, which is pretty darn good considering my experience. I guess I impressed them by knowing the difference between the WHERE clause and the HAVING clause. :lol:

Awww....cats can be a pain like that. One of my cats used to fight with the neighborhood bully cat in England and I had to take him to the vet several times for his injuries. My cats are strictly indoor cats now and they're getting used to that. They don't try to dash out the door anymore.

didn't have the dryer problems ... but did have the strange lump under the covers problem.

my feline would tunnel his way under the blankets of a "made bed" and sleep there. Somehow he would do this without disturbing the blankets. well one day ... I sat a little too close to him ... I think it scared me more than him :lol:

afterwords ... one could say I was the "trained one" ... always looked closely before sitting on the bed.

HA -> Congratulations on your new job :dance: