ae4ever

If u filed before fee increase.....

742 posts in this topic

Tracy- but that is your choice to post what you want and where you want. I'm worried about my process but I am also not following timelines beause I also find it redundant. However, I'm not going to waste my time strapping every poster who feels the need to do so.

Read post #32. Not sure what else I can say to you!

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Filed on 07/21/07. Fee paid by money order but has not been cashed yet. No NOA1 either.

ALI

I-129F

09/22/06 - NOA1

12/27/06 - I-129F approved online!

01/02/07 - received NOA2 in mail

NVC:

01/04/07 - Letetr from NVC about the case# and sending electronically to Islamabad

Islamabad Embassy:

01/11/07 - Embassy sends out Packet 3.5/4.0 with the interview scheduled on Feb 06, 2007

2/06/07- Interview

APPROVED BUT ON AR/AP

05/14/2007 Called DOS, they said security check has been completed and an electronic message has been sent to consulate.

05/21/07- My wife has been asked to come to Emabssy and submit I-134 and tax return that embassy can do the final processing.

05/24/07- VISA FINALLY IN HAND, GETTING READY FOR FLY

06-03-07 Arrived to USA, POE JFK

EAD

6/5/07 Application for EAD

6/14/07 NOA1

7/3/07 Biometrics

AOS

7/21/07 packet sent

7/23/07 Packet received

08/22/07 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is not necessarily "fear"; I wouldn't take it that far. From the people I have talked to since I joined a few days ago, it seems that there are certain posters that dismiss certain peoples threads because they have either asked the same question 100 times without reading (which I agree is a bit annoying but whatever...) or like in the case of this thread, they think it is unnecessary. It's just a thread, it's not gonna kill ya! And if you don't like it, you can choose not to read it or post in it. That is only my opinion though. People are a little friendlier on my regional forum it does seem. Doesn't mean that this particular place for posting is not helpful or not great, because I do think it is. Just a little bit of judging some times it seems.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
Thetreble: don't be so quick to assume that we filed at the last minute and make it sound like it's our own fault. We got the visa on 6/20, crossed the next day, got married on 6.27 and filed the paperwork last week. How much sooner could someone in our situation possibly have filed?

We filed as quickly as humanly possible based on when we received the visa.

woah slow down.. I didn't assume anything. All I said was if you filed at the end of the month, you have to expect backlog. Whether that was your choice or whether you were very rushed, you might experience a couple delays. I never said it was your fault. Not much of this stuff that comes us IS our fault, it's just life. I'm sure your receipts won't take much longer then people who filed at the beginning. Just have to wait and see.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

haha i guess that would be a good idea.

any ways, i suppose i will get out of this thread and let people get on with what they wanna know. :)

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
I think a lot of people are pretty touchy these days. Is it the hot weather or something?

If you were all kids in my backyard, I'd turn the water hose on ya'all right now.

Yepp, I dunno. Everybody has made some good points. Maybe we should let go of this discussion for a moment and relax and breathe and then see if there is any further need to argue about this thread.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well if you filed at the last minute you are going to have to expect some sort of delay.

Gotcha, but not sure how else one should interpret the above comment.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Other Timeline

These are my thoughts - (if anyone cares lol)

I think it's fairly likely that ALL petitions are going to see some sort of slowdown. The fee increase was well known amongst those 'in the business' - ie attorneys, businesses with overseas employees, etc. It was also widely published in the media - to the point that many who have never bothered to naturalize finally decided to send in their petition before July 30, 2007. Last week, my husband and I were talking to a Canadian who has been in this country for our 20 years - he didn't know squat about current immigration policy but he knew there was an increase coming. So he filed.

You can start a thread if you like - won't hurt anything. The only negative I see is it could add another layer of stress over your case already. After all - what can any of you do about the workload generated due to a gamillion petitions all going in at the same time?

Filed: Timeline
You can start a thread if you like - won't hurt anything. The only negative I see is it could add another layer of stress over your case already. After all - what can any of you do about the workload generated due to a gamillion petitions all going in at the same time?

Not to mention the information is easily accessed thru the July and August threads as well as VJ timelines.

I think it's fairly likely that ALL petitions are going to see some sort of slowdown. The fee increase was well known amongst those 'in the business' - ie attorneys, businesses with overseas employees, etc. It was also widely published in the media - to the point that many who have never bothered to naturalize finally decided to send in their petition before July 30, 2007. Last week, my husband and I were talking to a Canadian who has been in this country for our 20 years - he didn't know squat about current immigration policy but he knew there was an increase coming. So he filed.

The bolded bit is what I was about to say, pretty much... the fee increase and the rush to beat it are bound to involve some delays, right across the board... but those delays aren't just going to affect people who filed in the immediate run-up to the fee increase. People have surely been 'rushing' to get in ahead of it (with petitions of ALL kinds) ever since they found out about it. That's not just going to result in a bit of a slowdown for people who filed in the last week - it's going to affect many people who have applications (of any sort... not just AOS, not just anything remotely marriage-based...) pending anywhere, regardless of when they filed it!

On the upside... just my guess, but I'd say there will be very many LESS petitions than usual being filed in the next few weeks (as many of the people who would have done so in the natural course of things have hurried to get everything mailed off before July 30th), so at least those lovely USCIS employees might just have some time on their hands to work their way through some of the logjam before it gets too out of hand. Whatever... there's little point in panicking or even worrying. Particularly if you're an AOS-er who's finally together with their loved one and has just got all that pesky paperwork mailed off to USCIS. You're together, there's probably many, many more relaxing ways you could be spending your time than fretting about whether the exact day you chose to file on might cause your checks to be cashed a little later than would otherwise be the norm... as someone said upthread, chilling out is probably a very good idea!

(Although I will add... I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing updates on how your case is going with other people who are going through the same thing... just know that the 'how long is a piece of string?' rule is more likely to apply to your average AOS timeline than any data you're likely to be able to cull from any monthly/weekly/daily filer thread!)

There, that was my twopence'worth - rather more longwinded than I intended it to be, but oh well. :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I think a lot of people are pretty touchy these days. Is it the hot weather or something?

If you were all kids in my backyard, I'd turn the water hose on ya'all right now.

If I were a kid in your backyard I'd...er, well a lot of things about my situation would be different to what they currently are, but what I wanted to say was YAY for a good hosing. Oh I love summer...

And for what its worth, we mailed our AOS forms July 26, received in Chicago July 27, NOA when it comes.

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

Timeline
(Although I will add... I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing updates on how your case is going with other people who are going through the same thing... just know that the 'how long is a piece of string?' rule is more likely to apply to your average AOS timeline than any data you're likely to be able to cull from any monthly/weekly/daily filer thread!)

That was well said.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The bolded bit is what I was about to say, pretty much... the fee increase and the rush to beat it are bound to involve some delays, right across the board... but those delays aren't just going to affect people who filed in the immediate run-up to the fee increase. People have surely been 'rushing' to get in ahead of it (with petitions of ALL kinds) ever since they found out about it. That's not just going to result in a bit of a slowdown for people who filed in the last week - it's going to affect many people who have applications (of any sort... not just AOS, not just anything remotely marriage-based...) pending anywhere, regardless of when they filed it!

On the upside... just my guess, but I'd say there will be very many LESS petitions than usual being filed in the next few weeks (as many of the people who would have done so in the natural course of things have hurried to get everything mailed off before July 30th), so at least those lovely USCIS employees might just have some time on their hands to work their way through some of the logjam before it gets too out of hand. Whatever... there's little point in panicking or even worrying. Particularly if you're an AOS-er who's finally together with their loved one and has just got all that pesky paperwork mailed off to USCIS. You're together, there's probably many, many more relaxing ways you could be spending your time than fretting about whether the exact day you chose to file on might cause your checks to be cashed a little later than would otherwise be the norm... as someone said upthread, chilling out is probably a very good idea!

There, that was my twopence'worth - rather more longwinded than I intended it to be, but oh well. :)

FeatherB,

Those were twocents well spent !!! It all really doesn't matter much only that the petitions get processed and we are together with our spouses ( AOSers). We have to wait for USCIS to process our applications when they get to them. Having my wife by my side is what this is all about for me. For better or for worse, delays included, but I really am not in any hurry - just monitoring that my application gets processed and I will make sure it does not get lost. Plus I have my copies and receipts in order. It's a beatuiful summer up here in chicago :) Bring out the waterhose!

eff sent i-485 7-28-2007 i happily :) paid my lower fee no NAO1

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.