ae4ever

If u filed before fee increase.....

742 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Rebeccajo- are you freaking out right now? :lol:

I really feel that some people are turning this (VJ) into a very judgemental, unfriendly place where people can no longer post unless it's "acceptable", in the "right" forum, in a topic that is deemed "worthy" by some.

What is going on?? When did this start? I've been seeing so much of this lately. I know you "old timers" have a certain way that you're used to, but some newer folks may do things a little differently that work, too.

I don't know, and I don't care- I'm just responding to current events on VJ.

I'm sure that your post wasn't aimed at me, I hope.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

sent july 27th money order noa1 no

wedding 2006-06-03

i130

2006-06-24.......mailed

06-07-18.......noa1

09-19.......touched[li

09-20.......rfe sent

09-25.......rfe mailed back

10-02.......rfe email received uscis

10-03.......touched

12-12.......APPROVED

i129f

06-08-21......mailed

06-08-29.....noa1

06-09-02....touched

06-09-09....touched

06-10-20...touched ...sent to csc

06-10-27...touched

06-11-15...APPROVED 07-03-08 interview and visa approved

1. EAD.... sent may 13
  2. biometrics.....june 13
  3. ead transfer to csc.....july 13

4. EAD card in production

Rebeccajo- are you freaking out right now? :lol:

I really feel that some people are turning this (VJ) into a very judgemental, unfriendly place where people can no longer post unless it's "acceptable", in the "right" forum, in a topic that is deemed "worthy" by some.

What is going on?? When did this start? I've been seeing so much of this lately. I know you "old timers" have a certain way that you're used to, but some newer folks may do things a little differently that work, too.

I don't know, and I don't care- I'm just responding to current events on VJ.

I'm sure that your post wasn't aimed at me, I hope.

My post was in general. If you feel that it applies to you, that's okay too. I was commenting about the current atmosphere on VJ.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

I was just surprised, that's all, because I assumed they'd count as July or August filers, not filers-within-four-days-in-July.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I was just surprised, that's all, because I assumed they'd count as July or August filers, not filers-within-four-days-in-July.

To the rest of the world, they most likely will. Only difference is the fee, but some people on VJ have gotten into separating people by very thin lines - hard to all be in this together when it's about what date you filed, and what fee you paid, and what country you're from, eh?

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

To the rest of the world, they most likely will. Only difference is the fee, but some people on VJ have gotten into separating people by very thin lines - hard to all be in this together when it's about what date you filed, and what fee you paid, and what country you're from, eh?

It's the NOA1 date. I initially posted in the June filers thread because I sent my packet on June 25 or 26. Then I realized my NOA1 date would be July, so I "withdrew" from the June thread.

It's not "rest of the world" but I feel bad that some took offense, when they were just trying to be proactive in who would most likely have a July NOA1 date.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Filed: Timeline

:lol:

This thread is ridiculous.

I'm gonna start a 'I mailed my AOS at 10 am on 7/27/07 - who else???' thread. :whistle:

But seriously, if we MUST have these threads at all, can we just have the monthly filer threads?

SA4userbar.jpg

I'm gonna start a 'I mailed my AOS at 10 am on 7/27/07 - who else???' thread. :whistle:

But seriously, if we MUST have these threads at all, can we just have the monthly filer threads?

I think for your thread to truly have any value, Tracy, you'll have to narrow it down to people who mailed their AOS from the same post office as you. Then it should be pinned at the top of the forum, I think.

(Okay, being VERY silly now! ;) )

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow I just joined this form a couple days ago....good to know who the queens and kings are thus far ;)

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Wow I just joined this form a couple days ago....good to know who the queens and kings are thus far ;)

Be sure and let us all know - I've been here over 3 years and I still don't know. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is obvious.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, as a person who squeaked in just before the fee increase I am concerned that there will be even longer than normal processing times because of the surge in applications the USCIS is receiving. I have a good idea of typical processing times from research done on this forum, but have the feeling that what I've learned may not be of value to me now because of the flood of applications just before the 30th. And I know from regional campaigns, chats with people who work for organizations that help with immigration issues, and speaking with people at the civil surgeons clinic that people have been in a frenzy to get their paperwork in for all sorts of things, from fiance visas to naturalization.

But thanks to the denizens of VJ for hijacking this thread to share how ridiculous it is for me to want to track if this leg of my journey will take much longer because of this out of the ordinary event of the fee increase.

The places that I want to be on VJ are getting fewer and fewer as my knowledge about the process and ability to share information with people increases.

Thanks for showing me the true colors of VJ....and I thought all the talk about "illegals" on Off Topic was off putting!

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

As one of the apparent 'denizens', I still fail to understand why the July filers thread can't be used for the same purpose? Are there not end of July people in there who you can talk with/compare timelines?

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why do so many people have a problem with members wanting to start a thread and wanting to collect information to help them out? If it bothers you that much, then dont take part in the thread and move on by .....

OUR K-1 VISA JOURNEY

K1 Application

12-01-2006 I-129F sent priority USPS to CSC ... the real journey begins! (Day 1)

12-06-2006 NOA1 (Day 4)

03-05-2007 NOA2 - YAY!! (Day 89))

05-04-2007 INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED! (Day 149)

05-10-2007 Visa received (Day 155)

05-17-2007 ARRIVED IN PHOENIX (Day 162)

05-25-2007 Applied SSN

06-04-2007 Received SSN in the mail

06-14-2007 Passed driving test and now have my license

07-12-2007 MARRIED

07-24-2007 Changed name with SSA

AOS

05-31-2007 Appointment with Civil Surgeon for I-693A

07-16-2007 AOS sent to Chicago (received 07-18) (Day 1)

07-27-2007 NOA1 date (received 8/1) (Day 9)

07-30-2007 Check cashed (Day 12)

08-14-2007 Biometrics (Day 28)

11-29-2007 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!! (Day 131) APPROVED

12-11-2007 Greencard Received

ROC

09-01-2009 I-751 sent to VSC (received 09-03) (Day 1)

09-04-2009 NOA Date (received 09-14) (Day 4)

09-08-2009 Check Cashed (Day 8)

10-05-2009 Biometrics @ Jackson MS (received 09-24) (Day 35)

01-08-2010 10 Year Greencard approved

01-19-2010 10 Year Greencard received

glitterfy011155737dkj7.gif glitterfy011545702wxh7.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.