ct38956

N-400 September 2023 Filers

469 posts in this topic

N400 interview was on feb 20 2024 at Lawrence MA. Approved and placed in line for oath.

still waiting for oath to schedule its been almost 2 months now and no update. 
what should i do or any suggestions please 

3 hours ago, Faizal said:

N400 interview was on feb 20 2024 at Lawrence MA. Approved and placed in line for oath.

still waiting for oath to schedule its been almost 2 months now and no update. 
what should i do or any suggestions please 

It is a 120 days wait before you initiate an inquiry. I would guess you should hear something within this time frame.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Filed mine in September 2023 based off of 3 year marriage.  Current status is taking longer than expected after the estimated wait was 3 months.  Currently have no outstanding tasks.  I have other friends who already had their interviews and citizenship completed when applied a few months later than me.  I am currently in Sacramento CA area.  Anyone else in the same boat?

What i heard that Sacramento CA FO is backed up!

"I have other friends who already had their interviews and citizenship completed when applied a few months later than me.  I am currently in Sacramento CA area.  Anyone else in the same boat?"

Your friends and others may have been dealt with other FO offices which are less busy than yours. Every FO operation and workload is different than others. But since it has been over 7 months, you should hear something soon. Every case varies, some goes faster, some requires extra checking. But hang in there, you may be next in line for an Interview. It is been 7 months, and you haven't received any RFE already, which indicates that you may be receiving an Interview notice soon. Keep us posted! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
39 minutes ago, n400_Sep_23 said:

I filed on September 11th, 2023, along with my wife, but still no updates.  I am seeing that your case is taking longer than expected timeframe.  Anyone else on similar boat?

Did your wife receive any update ?  Also did you raise the inquiry with USCIS ? 

42 minutes ago, n400_Sep_23 said:

I filed on September 11th, 2023, along with my wife, but still no updates.  I am seeing that your case is taking longer than expected timeframe.  Anyone else on similar boat?

I was once in the same situation, but then one bright sunny day in the early hours, everything changed when I received the news: 'We have scheduled an interview.' So hang tight! You may be next :). Every FO operates differently, with varying workloads. I applied on Sep 13, Interview scheduled in Jan for Feb 12. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.