JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

263 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Play said:

That means I can keep logging in before it hits the 30 days mark. I filled it last week and just saved it, but did not submitted .

Yup. I did that 2 weeks after I got approved . When the case IN TRANSIT I submitted and do the CEAC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Play said:

If they created my case number, and invoice number that means they are ready to send it to embassy or that they created the case. 

Did you received the welcome letter

It’s more like a letter. “K!-FTP” is the title. 

The date they ship your case to the embassy you will get that in the email. 

The next day when you check your case status it will change to “IN TRANSIT”

15 minutes ago, TD6886 said:

Perfect I got that, Now I know how is going to appear. just waiting for that time

5 hours ago, TD6886 said:

I just realized that last week they did not processed many cases at the NVC Because of the veteran day, they just advances one week from Oct 22 to Oct 27, Now this week is not a holiday week so they are expectes to come back to processing 2 weeks worth of cases. We should expect them to process cases that arrives at the NVC up to the 8th of Nov. So any body that their case was recieved by the 8th of Nov Next Monday should change from At NVC to IN TRANSIT. let see if this is the case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Left the embassy and my fiancee got approved. The relief was massive. I want to thank everyone here for the support throughout this journey and to the others in the waiting pipeline hang in there you will make it. Much love to everyone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I know you all are waiting for interviews from NOA2 -> NVC -> Embassy Interview.

I just would like to share my experience of my interview's required documents to avoid any potential "221g refusal or Administrative processing".

If your birth certificate is not late registered, you can ignore this post.

Interview is quite ok, the embassy consular is friendly and made me relax about the worries.

But my visa was refused with 221g and I have been asked for additional documents (secondary evidence for my birth certificate) because my birth certificate was registered in 2019 which is considered late.

Now I am in "administrative processing (refused)" :( hoping that it wouldn't take so long like others' security checks ....

I hope it might be useful for some people ...

Timeline
On 11/17/2023 at 1:27 AM, SP1988 said:

Left the embassy and my fiancee got approved. The relief was massive. I want to thank everyone here for the support throughout this journey and to the others in the waiting pipeline hang in there you will make it. Much love to everyone

I am so happy for you and your fiancee :) Enjoy those precious moments of joy.......... Because I know how much pain to wait for those moments

On 11/20/2023 at 2:33 PM, ttAndtt said:

Hey Guys,

I know you all are waiting for interviews from NOA2 -> NVC -> Embassy Interview.

I just would like to share my experience of my interview's required documents to avoid any potential "221g refusal or Administrative processing".

If your birth certificate is not late registered, you can ignore this post.

Interview is quite ok, the embassy consular is friendly and made me relax about the worries.

But my visa was refused with 221g and I have been asked for additional documents (secondary evidence for my birth certificate) because my birth certificate was registered in 2019 which is considered late.

Now I am in "administrative processing (refused)" :( hoping that it wouldn't take so long like others' security checks ....

I hope it might be useful for some people ...

Thanks for this. What kind of other documents do they want as secondary evidence for the birth certificate?

Timeline
11 hours ago, mountain.sprite said:

Thanks for this. What kind of other documents do they want as secondary evidence for the birth certificate?

it is base on your country I think.

For me, those were

National ID

School records
Household certificate

• 2 weeks later...

Well we paused things for a while because we tried to have my fiancées name changed before proceeding. Unfortunately her country denied the name change request (after a very long 3 months), so we’re going to go ahead with things. It’s a bummer we won’t be able to share a legal last name chosen together. 

Anyways, we did get an interview scheduled on 12/19. Nervous and excited. Pending confirmation on a date for the medical exam, but they did say they should be able to get her in shortly. Hopefully by the end of December we will have the best Christmas gift we could ask for. 🙏🙏🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.