lifegoeson123

Bring brother's family to the US faster despite their I130 is being processed

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear amazing Visajourney community,

I wonder if there is any faster way to bring my brother + his wife (both born in 1992)+ their daughter (5 years old)+ their son (almost 1 year old) faster to the US under immigration visa:

- I opened the I-130 for them since Dec 2019 (brother of US citizen). Based on my research, it will take from 10-15 years to get processed.

- My brother +his wife+ their daughter passed tourist visa to visit me in the US recently. They just visited me and came back to Vietnam 3 weeks ago. After this trip, they love living in the US and would like to find a faster way to move here. My mom is an  US permanent resident. My dad already passed away. We have such a small family, just my brother and I. We really hope to reunite in the US faster. My mom can't speak English, so the chance to wait for her become an US citizen and sponsor my brother's family is very low, esp her income is very low, too :( She was born in 1964, waiting for her to get the citizenship test in Vietnamese will take a while. We don't think we can rely on her to sponsor my brother and his family.

- I think about EB3 visa but my brother has a Master and his wife has a bachelor degree. It seems like they are not unskilled workers.

Do you have any ideas about this case? I am thinking about checking with the Attorney for:

-How much it costs?

-Can they guarantee that my brother's family can immigrate to the US faster? How long is the wait?

Thank you so much for sharing your input about this topic!

I love this community so much. You guys have been helping since day 1. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Having your mother sponsor them after becoming a citizen would not speed anything up either as the F3 is only two years ahead of the F4 in the visa bulletin.

If they are skilled, they can always look at working at companies willing to sponsor them although that might be a long shot depending on their field of study.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.