31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
If anyone can think for anything that might make it a stronger case please feel free to comment...

Kez

You are in very good shape. My wife will be filing in about 6 months and we will not be submitting as much as you have - my comfort level is pretty high! No letters from friends, etc. either.

We will be submitting a photobook - they are about 6" by 8"; with about 40 + photos of us together and with friends and family from our wedding to the time when we file. This means our trip pictures from Colombia, Miami, Mexico, California, Panama and India. With the last picture of us in front of the Tajmahal!

These photobooks are about $25 for 40 or 50 pictures so they are a good bargain and you can write captions e.g. date, place and names of people in the picture on each page. In my opinion much easier than trying to write who, what and where on the back of the pictures with a pencil.

You have a lot of good evidence - Don't worry about it.

Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I agree you have plenty of evidence. We did include affidavits but they are not required as others said.

Good list!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The list looks great, IMHO. I personally would include a couple of letters to cover all my bases, but that's just me. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

We sent in basically the same as you - tons of evidence and far more than most people I have seen on VJ. We were sent for interview for our initial AOS and thought we had covered all the bases with ROC. However, even sending in a mountain of evidence, we have still been requested to go for interview - which really ticked me off!!!!!

There doesn't really seem to be any pattern to who send in what and who gets approved for ROC without interview, but looking at your list I would say you have supplied everything they have requested so you should be fine.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Timeline
Ok so the time is here for us to file the I-751, here is our list of evidence.... are we missing anything??

I-751

Check for $545.00

Copy of my Greencard (front and back)

2005 & 2006 joint tax returns

Deads for the house (naming us both as owners)

Mortgage statment (in both names)

Old Lease agreement (in both names and showing old address)

Statement from Joint checking account

Statement from joint savings account

Statement from joint credit card account (showing acctivity for both names)

Electric bill in husbands name

Gas bill in husbands name

Phone bill in my name

Car insurance (listing us both as drivers)

My health care proxy naming my husband

Life insurance policy for me (showing husband as beneficiary)

Life insurance policay for husband (showing me as beneficiary)

IRA in my name (showing husband as beneficiary)

IRA in husbands name (showing me as beneficiary)

Medical & Dental insurance Printout showing us both as being covered

401K in my name (showing husband as benificiary)

AAA membership in joint names

Reciept for furniture (in joint names and new address)

Alarm system agreament (in joint names and new address)

Travel Itinery from our trip to Scotland in 2006 (with boarding passes and photos from the trip)

Travel itinery from our trip to Orlando in May 2007 ( with boarding passes and photos)

Postcard from my Granddaughter (addressed to us both)

Postcards from my Parents from their round the world trip (addressed to us both)

An assortment of photos showing us on 4th July and other family occations

The last Valentines day cards we gave each other....

An I missing anything???

Kez

The list looks comprehensive to me and for the benefit of those that recommended otherwise, affidavits are NOT mandatory and are recommended to supplement submissions where evidence is scant. My only suggestion, Kez, would be to make sure the evidence provided covers the time range in question. You didn't specify which years they were from.

A note to others....

Think of the provision of your evidence as a "video" (succession of time) of your commingled lives, and how that could/would/should be much more compelling than a "snapshot" (one instant frozen in time)

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

The list looks comprehensive to me and for the benefit of those that recommended otherwise, affidavits are NOT mandatory and are recommended to supplement submissions where evidence is scant. My only suggestion, Kez, would be to make sure the evidence provided covers the time range in question. You didn't specify which years they were from.

The Bank statements cover from the date we opened them to present and we have some utility bills from our old address and our new address that covers from 2005 to date... I am hoping that is enough and with the travel itineries from 2006 and 2007 and photos from when we married to just last month...

Do you think I need more covering the whole 2 years??

Kez

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

for me I just included the most recent bills and bank statement. etc..... I wasn't called in for an interview nor did I get an RFE....

if you want you could include a bill. utility or bank statement from somewhere near the beginning of the two years and a most recent one.. I think submitting all the bills etc for the entire two years is overkill.... but this is just my opinion...

there is no magic amount of evidence you could send in that would prevent you from an interview... sometimes they just ask for an interview for quality control .....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I only sent in the most recent copy of everything... but I fully anticipate an interview... but don't really care anyways. We are definately a real married couple and an interview doesn't frighten me at all.

* 129F filed in Nebraska in Aug 2004

* NOA1 August 3, 2004

* APPROVED NOA2 November 30, 2004 OMG :D :D :D (119 days)

* NSC forwards package to Vancouver Consulate on Dec 16, 2004

* Packet received by Vancouver Consulate on Dec 27, 2004

* Package 3 received by Smiwi on Dec 30, 2004

* Checklist returned to Vancouver Consulate on Jan 3, 2005 with requested interview date of Jan 25, 2005

* Package 4 received by Smiwi on January 11, 2005

* Interview scheduled for January 25, 2005 @ 10 am

* Visa Granted!!!! January 25, 2005

* Cross into the United States @ Niagra Falls January 26, 2005

* 2/18 MARRIED :D

* AOS finally filed April 25, 2005

* NOA1 June 1

* Biometrics July 7

* AOS interview for October 25, 2005 8:30 am!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot!

* Green card effective 10/25/2005

*I-751 filed July 27, 2007

Evidence

2 letters of attestation, our driver's licenses, bank statement, 2006 & 2005 joint tax returns, 403B and life ins beneficiary statements, car insurance, mortgage documents, credit cards (oye), health ins, airline tickets from a trip together, a variety of pictures

*I-751 Received by NSC July 30, 2007

*10 yr Green card issued without interview effective 11/28/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I filed mine in January and all I included was a copy of my green card, tax returns and the birth certificate of our youngest son. I saw no reason to gather piles of evidence, I figured if they want that much they'll want to interview us anyway.

We did the least possible "evidence pile" previously too (F1 visa and green card interviews) and the only comment we got was "do you want to show your wedding photos" and we said 'not really' (though we had "everything they could ever want" in a binder, and our then 6 weeks old oldest son with us) and that was fine. But now I feel like a slacker ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
OK so now you all have me worried..... you all think I do not have enough joint evidence??

Kez

You have a lot, there's no need to worry. :thumbs:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You have MORE than enough evidence to prove a bona fide marriage.

We sent almost exactly the same documents as you are sending, and we did not send affidavits from friends or family. We did not receive an RFE for anything, and we were approved without an interview.

You will be just fine with the evidence you have.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Thanks all.... Husband is going to the copy shop tomorrow to get everything copied... hate to think how much it will all cost... then we will be ready to put it all together and then mail it out on Aug 13th...

VSC looks to be taking a long time so I guess we should not expect to here anything from them until end of Sept or even Oct...

Kez

for me I just included the most recent bills and bank statement. etc..... I wasn't called in for an interview nor did I get an RFE....

if you want you could include a bill. utility or bank statement from somewhere near the beginning of the two years and a most recent one.. I think submitting all the bills etc for the entire two years is overkill.... but this is just my opinion...

there is no magic amount of evidence you could send in that would prevent you from an interview... sometimes they just ask for an interview for quality control .....

MarilynP,

Just for the record, nowhere did I state or intimate that one should send all bills for the entire 2 years. I did suggest that in reviewing which evidence you wish to submit, you make sure that if you are attempting to demonstrate that you commingle your finances and you share a home, that the evidence shows that this is not simply something done in the "beginning" or towards the "filing date" but rather throughout! Random selection. Selection being the operative word. Choose wisely to tell the story you wish for USCIS to know of you and your alien spouse. Slugs of insipid evidence does no more for the alien than one or two key pieces. One or two pieces that demonstrate little, of course won't be sufficient.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

MarilynP,

Just for the record, nowhere did I state or intimate that one should send all bills for the entire 2 years. I did suggest that in reviewing which evidence you wish to submit, you make sure that if you are attempting to demonstrate that you commingle your finances and you share a home, that the evidence shows that this is not simply something done in the "beginning" or towards the "filing date" but rather throughout! Random selection. Selection being the operative word. Choose wisely to tell the story you wish for USCIS to know of you and your alien spouse. Slugs of insipid evidence does no more for the alien than one or two key pieces. One or two pieces that demonstrate little, of course won't be sufficient.

I wasn't implying that is what you said but I have seen people do that, include all the bills, and utilities from the entire 2 years...

I just included the most recent bills, utilities etc... and i only included one of each..., like one gas bill, one electric bill, one phone bill etc....

but stuff like the 401K , medical benefits etc.. were from somewhere in the 2 years....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.