Chad9797

Visa Expiration Date and CFO Sticker

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My finace received her Visa yesterday and it seems there is not much time to get the CFO sticker because it is difficult to get an appointment at this time.. 

Her medical and Visa both expire on the same date - Aubust 18th..  So we have about a month to get the CFO sticker.

What happens if we are not able to get an appointment fot CFO by then and the Visa and medical expire?

Also. I heard that you can go to the airport at terminal 1 to get the CFO sticker.. I have tried to call there with no luck.. Do you already have to have a seminar completion certificate to go there? 

Do you have to have a plane ticket before you go to the airport at terminal 1?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

9 hours ago, Chad9797 said:

My finace received her Visa yesterday and it seems there is not much time to get the CFO sticker because it is difficult to get an appointment at this time.. 

Her medical and Visa both expire on the same date - Aubust 18th..  So we have about a month to get the CFO sticker.

What happens if we are not able to get an appointment fot CFO by then and the Visa and medical expire?

Also. I heard that you can go to the airport at terminal 1 to get the CFO sticker.. I have tried to call there with no luck.. Do you already have to have a seminar completion certificate to go there? 

Do you have to have a plane ticket before you go to the airport at terminal 1?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

In the Philippines you might want to try to grease the squeaky wheel...nuff said!

We greased that wheel many times when other approaches failed. It's a way of life in the Philippines.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Have you completed the sessions yet?

I agree with the answer above. We needed to do that for a passport in 2021, expensive, but worked very quickly.

Timeline

No, We were having trouble getting an appontment for the session.. Can you complete the session at the airport?

I will keep trying everyday to register online.

Do you need an appointment to complete the session? It is a little confusing on their website

Timeline

She has joined a Facebook chat and people are saying that if you have your airline ticket you can do everything at the airport a few days before she leaves.. Is that accurate information?

Can you walk into the CFO office to make an appointment at the airport?

14 minutes ago, Chad9797 said:

She has joined a Facebook chat and people are saying that if you have your airline ticket you can do everything at the airport a few days before she leaves.. Is that accurate information?

This is a fear of mine as we approach DQ - the CFO process is a complete joke.  There's no accurate information anywhere and everything is case-by-case or counselor-by-counselor.  The fact that it's required at all is outrageous.

I've heard so many different things - I've heard of people walking in with a visa on hand and getting an appointment.  I've also heard of people being turned away in the same scenario.  I've heard that they've cancelled online counseling entirely but there's no official announcement or anything for this.  I've heard that you can't schedule CFO without visa on hand, but I've also heard that you can schedule it at anytime and request the sticker once you do get the visa.  It's really a frustrating way to cap off a long, arduous and anxiety ridden process.  Your comment is also the first time I've heard of people getting CFO at the airport ... rather than official information we get word of mouth from Facebook and have no idea if it's accurate or not :(

Edited by NeonParticles

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Timeline

Yes, I agree.. Very confusing and frustrating.. But it appears you can do it at the airport.. Just not sure if you have to have the seminar session completed before you go there or if you can complete it there.

I will keep researching this.. Thank you

9 hours ago, Chad9797 said:

Your fiancee will need to complete CFO, either via tele-counseling or face-to-face seminar.  After the online or classroom session, she will get a CFO completion certificate.  That certificate will be acceptable for exit immigration at the airport.  She can't just show up at the airport without completing the CFO session and hope to get a CFO sticker.

3 hours ago, Chad9797 said:

ok, Thank you.. I will keep trying to get an appointment

Just make sure she explains her expiration date and they will usually accommodate. Is it still possible to do online? That's what we had during Covid.

Also, I have nno idea who told you about just going to the airport. I have never heard of that as being a possibility and I have been here a while.

6 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Just make sure she explains her expiration date and they will usually accommodate. Is it still possible to do online? That's what we had during Covid.

Also, I have nno idea who told you about just going to the airport. I have never heard of that as being a possibility and I have been here a while.

Apparently they're no longer doing online counseling, unfortunately.  We just signed up for face-to-face counseling without visa on hand yet and the closest appointment was at the beginning of OCTOBER.  Insane... 

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 

4 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

My fiancée is trying to do the same and this is what she found out:

b1f08585-ef85-4fb2-826e-e7cd8be88c60.thumb.jpeg.a6ffc1030c1bb4f5e9ceeb5512f8b78e.jpeg

We saw this as well and weren't exactly sure what they mean by it - registration entirely isn't available after the 17th?  So they'll have to go in person to register?  Or just the online counseling won't be available?  I feel like everything is obfuscated on purpose to weed unserious people out or something.

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.