6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello how are you?
I would like you to help me.
I am very confused about something and I need to clarify doubts...
I recently applied to form I-765 application for employment authorization, a few weeks ago I received a letter from the uscis rejecting my payment and saying this:
"Recently, you submitted and application for immigration service. that form was submitted with an extra remittance that its not required to process your application" they returned the payment to me too.
then a week later I get another letter about the I-765 format, I will attach a photo of what it says since it is a lot of text for me to write. 🙄

So if I am eligible for the extension (from what I understand) how would I go about getting that extension? Do I have to fill out some form or something? Or do I just take that letter to an employer and can I work? I don't know how it really works.
my EAD expires on 07/24.

D1107442-1F8A-4682-8344-FED575FE485E.jpeg

A130BBA7-8F27-475E-BF35-75EFDA07032D.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

On what basis are you filing EAD? Are you adjusting status? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

*** Moved from Work Visas forum to Working & Traveling During US Immigration, to be among other threads about EAD application ***

On 7/9/2023 at 11:17 PM, GracielaGuerra said:

I recently applied to form I-765 application for employment authorization, a few weeks ago I received a letter from the uscis rejecting my payment

If you applied for I-485 based on marriage and paid the I-485 filing fee, then there is no fee for I-765 EAD application or renewal under (c)(9) category.  If you sent payment for the I-765 anyway, then USCIS rightly rejected it.  Send the I-765 again, this time with a copy of your I-485 receipt notice, and don't send payment.

From the I-765 form instructions -- https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-765instr.pdf

Renewal EAD. If this is a renewal application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is not required for:

[...]

4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Any current Adjustment of Status or Registry applicant who filed for adjustment of status on or after July 30, 2007, and paid the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee. If you file Form I-765 separately from your Form I-485, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C Notice for Form I-485, as evidence of filing Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and payment of the appropriate form filing fee. If you did not pay the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee because your filing fee was waived or you are exempt from paying it, you must pay the Form I-765 filing fee or request that the filing fee be waived.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
10 hours ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from Work Visas forum to Working & Traveling During US Immigration, to be among other threads about EAD application ***

If you applied for I-485 based on marriage and paid the I-485 filing fee, then there is no fee for I-765 EAD application or renewal under (c)(9) category.  If you sent payment for the I-765 anyway, then USCIS rightly rejected it.  Send the I-765 again, this time with a copy of your I-485 receipt notice, and don't send payment.

From the I-765 form instructions -- https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-765instr.pdf

Renewal EAD. If this is a renewal application and you are applying under one of the following categories, a filing fee is not required for:

[...]

4. (c)(9) or (c)(16) Any current Adjustment of Status or Registry applicant who filed for adjustment of status on or after July 30, 2007, and paid the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee. If you file Form I-765 separately from your Form I-485, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C Notice for Form I-485, as evidence of filing Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and payment of the appropriate form filing fee. If you did not pay the appropriate Form I-485 filing fee because your filing fee was waived or you are exempt from paying it, you must pay the Form I-765 filing fee or request that the filing fee be waived.

hi, I need help
They told me that my EAD is my J-1 visa, what will be the procedure to renew the EAD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.