Visahelp1

About the medical..........

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Do we need packet 3/4 from the embassy before we can schedule the medical in Moscow? Is there an authorization or anything in the packet we would need? Also typically how long before the embassy interview is the medical? The reason I ask is I am trying to buy plane tickets but cant until i know the medical exam date.

thanks folks

You need the case number issued to the embassy for the medical exam. The results are placed in a sealed envelope and the embassy case number must be on the report. Remember to keep the envelope sealed.

The visa is not issued immediately after the interview so plan just over a week after the interview for her passport to arrive and make your travel plans accordingly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We tried scheduling an exam with MOM about 2.5 months before the interview. They laughed and said to call back when the interview date is a few weeks away or closer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sergey had his exam at MOM last Friday, and I got an sms that said he "passed" but we haven't had times to get details yet, since his laptop is out of service right now...He lives in Moscow, so he just called a few days ahead...

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
We tried scheduling an exam with MOM about 2.5 months before the interview. They laughed and said to call back when the interview date is a few weeks away or closer.

Which makes sense 'cause this particular place offers the results in a couple of hours. Now why would they need to deal with a load of unnecessary info about appointments so far in advance? Correct me if this logic is wrong.

To the topic starter:

don't worry. It is (by my experience at least) one of the easiest steps - fast, painless, relatively reliable. A week window is more than enough. Good luck!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife called AO Medicina, which is where we'll do the medical this time (MOM was rude bordering on the abusive) last week. She was also shooed away and told to call no more than a month in advance. We got a good laugh out of that.

Especially if the beneficiary wants to avoid unnecessary vaccinations, get a good vaccination history with dates from a doctor where the beneficiary lives. Get it in Russian with a bunch of stamps. If looks cool and might even be useful. Be careful about translation, because translation of diseases seems to be tricky. (My wife has a degree in English, is certified to translate documents, and we are going back and forth over exactly what the various vaccinations were for.)

Let's assume the beneficiary is over 18. Pay special attention to MMR (in Russia rubella vaccines were not given -- at least not in the '50s and '60s), tetanus/diphtheria, and chicken pox. If the beneficiary was born after 1956, he/she will need MMR even if he/she got measles and mumps as a kid because of the rubella requirement. If the beneficiary had chicken pox as a kid, get that into her vaccination certificate. And be sure to get a copy of the resultant vaccination certificate from the doc at the medical.

If the beneficiary is over 18, the hepatitus vaccine is optional although a lot of docs here in the USA will push it hard. You might want to read up on it carefully, especially if you are concerned about getting lots of vaccines.

If the beneficiary is over 50, a flu vaccine will be necessary unless AOS is done in late spring or summer -- when flyu vaccine is not available.

Edited by novotul

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought I read that the vaccinations can be done after traveling to the US but before AOS. Is this wrong?

K1 - Timeline

03-26-07 I-129F sent to Texas Service Center

03-27-07 NOA1 recieved date

04-04-07 notice date on NOA1 - (Case at California Service Center)

04-06-07 recieved hardcopy NOA1 in mail

04-06-07 Check cashed

04-09-07 touched

06-25-07 touched

06-26-07 NOA2 email approval at 12:30 AM

06-26-07 touched

06-27-07 touched

06-30-07 NOA2 rec'd hardcopy in mail

07-16-07 NVC rec'd case

07-18-07 NVC sent case to Moscow

07-26-07 Moscow sent out packet 3/4

10-01-07 Interview

waiting............

Timeline
I thought I read that the vaccinations can be done after traveling to the US but before AOS. Is this wrong?

You are correct, but we decided to do the vaccinations in Russia because it was cheaper and once it was done we did not have to deal with the problems of going to the civil surgeon here. We simply turned in a copy of the DS-3025 with our AOS application and because all vaccines were up to date no other medical exams or reports were needed. A lot easier.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Also, that form is good for only one year. If your AOS is a year after (entirely possible, depending on the backlog) - you will need a new one.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Regarding vaccinations. My wife needed to get one so we went to the public health office of our county. It was cheap, less than $15 and didn't take long at all. Give your county health department a call about costs.

Timeline
You are correct, but we decided to do the vaccinations in Russia because it was cheaper and once it was done we did not have to deal with the problems of going to the civil surgeon here.
If you are stuck doing vaccinations in the US, don't forget about public health. We only paid $10 per vaccine.

We couldnt get the vaccinations because my wife was and still is pregnant and I thought they would hold up the green card because of it, but they didnt ask any questions about vaccinations or make us wait until they were done.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.