vio0633

The worst has happened to me

45 posts in this topic

My wife has been away from me for close to 2 weeks at a friends house. She has promised to come back home today but I feel she has abandoned me. I came home last night after work and everything from her room including the baby's stuff is all gone. Its like she came home, packed everything and left me. I love my wife and miss her so much....but Im worried about what happens now. I know we must get a divorce...there is no question about that. I have tried to make it work and offer her help but she wont return home to me. We just started the AOS process as well. She has not made her biometrics appt or anything. I need help please...im stressing and im going nuts. Can someone please guide me to tell me what happens on the immigration side of the world? She entered as a K1 visa with a K2. We got married everything good but this has happened. Im really scared as I dont want to be in any trouble with INS. Thanks for your help!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife has been away from me for close to 2 weeks at a friends house. She has promised to come back home today but I feel she has abandoned me. I came home last night after work and everything from her room including the baby's stuff is all gone. Its like she came home, packed everything and left me. I love my wife and miss her so much....but Im worried about what happens now. I know we must get a divorce...there is no question about that. I have tried to make it work and offer her help but she wont return home to me. We just started the AOS process as well. She has not made her biometrics appt or anything. I need help please...im stressing and im going nuts. Can someone please guide me to tell me what happens on the immigration side of the world? She entered as a K1 visa with a K2. We got married everything good but this has happened. Im really scared as I dont want to be in any trouble with INS. Thanks for your help!

You wont get into trouble if you haven't done anything that would indicate you have abused her and her kid. She can't get her GC without you and she will end up going back to her country if her visa expires. But you have to watch out since you signed the affidavit of support on your AOS process. My advise is just based on other stuff that I read. To make it more clear for you on what to do, I think it is better to contact an immigration lawyer or call USCIS.

Before I go, I hope you could patch it up with your wife and not have to go through all these.

AOS mailed - May 23, 2007

AOS received at Chicago lockbox - May 24, 2007

Checks cashed - May 31, 2007

NOA1 date - May 30, 2007

Receieved NOA1 in the mailbox - June 4, 200

Touched - June 5, 2007

Received biometrics appointment letter - June 8, 2007

Biometrics schedule - July 2, 2007

Touched again!!! - June 14, 2007

Received RFE letter - June 18, 2007

Mailed RFE reply - June 20, 2007

Biometrics - July 2, 2007

AOS transferred to CSC - July 20, 2007

touched - July 28, 2007

AOS card production email - August 2, 2007

Received greencard in the mail - August 9, 2007

Removal of conditions - April 20, 2009

Sent I-751 - May 6, 2009

I have contacted her. She says she loves me and wants to come home. She left a message on Friday saying she will be home on Sunday. Well come on Saturday I came home and looked in her room. All her clothes, passport, and everything are gone now. She has left me for another filipina friend of hers. I dont know what to say or do. I have emailed, called, and text message her but no response. I called the police today to report her not at home since the day of Jul 12. No problems or bad things came of it. Im just trying to help myself incase something goes sour and I need legal paperwork stating I made a report for INS. I just want my wife and my little girl home. But I cannot foce anything on them. If I cant find them here soon lets say 1 month...I have to call INS to stop my paperwork and report her abandoned. What forms or what things do I need to do for this? Im so hurt...as this to me was a good marriage that may have went bad. My wife hated to wait for INS and how long it took for her paperwork. But her friend offered her work under the table. I have tried to call her friend and no luk. I have tried to call my wife and no luk as well since the day she took her stuff. Im so scared and upset. I want answers and I want the truth. I know she loves me...but maybe she doesnt care for me anymore. Does she have to go back to the Philippines? What if her mom was here in the US can she take her daughter and start paperwork here for her even after she leaves me like this?

Filed: Timeline

I'm sorry you are hurting, but what is your reason to believe you could be in trouble with USCIS?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I think you should inform INS / USCIS

I doubt she'll be returning..

No woman who plans to come back takes her child and commences living with another person.

plus, she hasn't given you any clue why she's doing this

AND she lied to you saying she was coming home but instead took all her stuff

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

I'm sorry you are hurting, but what is your reason to believe you could be in trouble with USCIS?

I just feel very bad right now. Im the sponser for all my family members and I feel responsible for anything they do here in the US. I know im not the one who left or have done anything wrong...but still feel that USCIS is going to be upset in some way at me. Im going to wait a little before I make the call to USCIS. I wont wait to long but need some time to figure out what beeds to be done here. I have already taken care of myself and identity. My next step is for divorce but need the moral strength and funds to do this. I just spent a ton of money on her AOS package. I dont have anymore just to throw away on a divorce.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So let me get this straight. Your wife came here from the PI and left you for a filipina friend? Did you mean filipino? Now it is easy to see why in Dubai they lock passports away.

1/27/2007 Nerissa told me she received a ltr on Friday 26th from USE in Manila telling her they had our petition. I'm sure that's a GREAT thing.

4/16/07 Medical scheduled

4/23/07 Interview 7:30 YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/21/2007 She tells me in Yahoo msngr and then in an email that she DOES NOT want to come to USA because of her family who will suffer if she is not there

She said YES!!!!! We are back in the med/interview schedule. After a few months I realized I couldn't live without her. I wooed her back and now she is coming to USA after interview.

7/1/-19/2007 Medical finished for both

Case Number: mnl20068abcde

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 (7:30:00 AM)

K1 and K2 Approved on 8/1 @ est 10:30

8/3/2007 Delbros has Visas

8/18/2007 Flight booked from MNL to LAS

I am very sorry to hear of your situation. I hope you can find a way to work through this and get back together. Claudeth and I will pray for your happiness.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

how long have you and ur wife been together? Important: did you tell her that you love her and you want to patch things up? Did you make this clear to her and does she understand? If that is the case and you told her, you cant stop her from leaving you. Maybe you two can agree to counselling? Or try to contact thru her friend and see whats up cuz obviously she is not giving you any indication really of why this is happening. If things are ending with you and u dont know on immigration side, call USCIS regarding your responsibilities. Good luck. okay?>>>

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Maybe she wasn't in for the love & marriage thing... but more for a trip to get into the US. She should have done some research that she can't take off this soon after filing AOS.

I've read on VJ before about how some spouses take off like this as soon as they get a job & find friends.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. Definitely call USICS & let them know the situation, you will not be in trouble, only she will be.

12140.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am sorry that this has happened to you. I would notify USCIS asa soon as you find out what's going on, but the more time that you take, then the worse it may be for you *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

I am sorry that this has happened to you. I would notify USCIS asa soon as you find out what's going on, but the more time that you take, then the worse it may be for you *hugs*

I don't know what has happened. But I could tell you the say happened to me. I married a woman 2 weeks after her coming to the US and 4 weeks later she left me never to return.

The only way your wife can stay in this country without the AOS is by stating that you abused her. This is what my ex did. She left and went to the west coast and would only communicate by email.

Finally, I filed for divorce without her. She came to the hearing to ask for money in alimoney. The judge and the court room laughed. We were only married for 20+ days....

I hope this is not what is happening to you, but once this happens, the bond of trust has been broken.

Good Luck.

i agree with this, no sense waiting. But the USCIS did nothing, but at leat you can file a case and get a case number to get peace of mind, if that is at all possible.... Beleive me, I have been right where you are.

Sent I-130 to TSC

Received NOA1 from CSC with a date of 8/15/06

I-130 petition approved 4/16/2008 after 19 months.

Got IIN from NVC 5-13-08

Paid AOS fee online 5-14-08, Paid IV Fee online 5-27-08

Sent I-864 forms 5-27-08

Sent DS-230 forms 5-28-08

6-2-08 called NVC and msg says "received all information,processing will take 4-6 weeks"

6-13-08 called NVC, CR1 is complete, sent RFE for CR2. returned to NVC, waitn on result

6-26-08 case complete/approved. Waiting to be transferred to U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China for interview date

7-7-08 Petition forwarded to Guanzhou, China. Awaiting interview letter.

how long have you and ur wife been together? Important: did you tell her that you love her and you want to patch things up? Did you make this clear to her and does she understand? If that is the case and you told her, you cant stop her from leaving you. Maybe you two can agree to counselling? Or try to contact thru her friend and see whats up cuz obviously she is not giving you any indication really of why this is happening. If things are ending with you and u dont know on immigration side, call USCIS regarding your responsibilities. Good luck. okay?>>>

He has no responsibilities as far as USCIS is concerned. She can only say he abused her. USCIS will not contact him to find if it is true or not, otherwise she will have to hide and be out of status as a result.

Let me add this.... I have since remarried to another foreign woman and filed for the I-130... I have no doubt that my past relationship has affected my case... see my timeline... I'm still waiting for the P2.

Edited by xuemei

Sent I-130 to TSC

Received NOA1 from CSC with a date of 8/15/06

I-130 petition approved 4/16/2008 after 19 months.

Got IIN from NVC 5-13-08

Paid AOS fee online 5-14-08, Paid IV Fee online 5-27-08

Sent I-864 forms 5-27-08

Sent DS-230 forms 5-28-08

6-2-08 called NVC and msg says "received all information,processing will take 4-6 weeks"

6-13-08 called NVC, CR1 is complete, sent RFE for CR2. returned to NVC, waitn on result

6-26-08 case complete/approved. Waiting to be transferred to U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China for interview date

7-7-08 Petition forwarded to Guanzhou, China. Awaiting interview letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.