MrsAb2021

Moroccan passport renewal in USA

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

My husbands Moroccan passport will expire in September. He is a green card holder. We would like to renew his passport by mail since we are not located near NY. I contacted the consulate and they sent me the following things that he will need:

-The original Moroccan passport (this original passport will be sent back to you with the new passport).

-2 pictures (American passport pictures size)

-A Certified Copy of your (carte nationale) has to be valid (otherwise your presence at our office will is mandatory for the fingerings in order to issue the ID card

-Fees are a money order of 85.63 payable to the Moroccan Consulate of Morocco in New York

-A money order of 6.97$ fees for the registration at the Consulate (payable to the Moroccan Consulate). you can also pay cash if you come in person to our office in New York,

*please send us separate -Money orders*

-Fill out the Attached form (fiche individuelle)

-A proof of your address or any billing under your name

- A certified copy of your American ID or a copy of your Green Card

- A prepaid envelope for the return

NB: the passport takes up to 6 weeks to be issued in Morocco or more, but as soon as your new passport is issued in Morocco, you will receive an automatic message in French language to pick up your new passport, after few days we send it to you via the envelope you have included with your application (sent to us)

A prepaid certified envelope for the return.

In case you choose to process your document via mail please send a document with your contact info and the designated service: first/last name, phone number, address email, concerned department.

The questions I have are they mention a certified copy of his carte nationale. Can this just be a regular copy done on the copy machine or do we need to take his card somewhere and have a special copy done? He has a new Carte nationale that he got in Morocco in March.

How much postage is needed for the return envelope?

I was thinking to do one with tracking, but will the tracking number still be good if it takes 6 weeks or more to renew?

The last part states to include a document with contact info. Is this just a piece of paper with his information on it or is it something different needed?

Any advice is appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Notary will copy the National ID and certify the copy

1. The notary will review the primary document to make sure that it's original. ...
  2. The notary will confirm that the document isn't a public record or forbidden by your state's laws and rules. ...
  3. The notary will then verify the custodian's identity and makes a copy.

OR

send the original and ask that it is returned with new passport

post office will tell u how much the postage is 

the receipt from post office will have tracking for what u mail to the embassy here

if u want the return tracked,  pay for that extra at USPS

Husband can write a letter to mail the passport back to Morocco embassy in NY and include his US address but the new passport and all documents are returned by Moroc to the NY morocco embassy and to u

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For the postage, you can to the post office and ask for an overnight envelope and stamp. It costs around 24 to 30 dollars (flat rate express). It comes with tracking, and is valid until it's used.

The six weeks is for processing in Morocco. You want the passport shipped back to you as soon as it is received at the consulate. Express overnight it the only service I would trust with a sensitive document like that.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
11 minutes ago, etrangais said:

For the postage, you can to the post office and ask for an overnight envelope and stamp. It costs around 24 to 30 dollars (flat rate express). It comes with tracking, and is valid until it's used.

The six weeks is for processing in Morocco. You want the passport shipped back to you as soon as it is received at the consulate. Express overnight it the only service I would trust with a sensitive document like that.

Thanks, I’ll do that. Seems like the easiest option. 
We got his green card and national ID card copied today and notarized. 

Looking at the application now that we send in and it asks for his name in Latin beside the Arabic name, is there a way to put that in Latin or do we just put it in English ? It also asks for consulate ID number, he doesn’t have that. We can just leave that blank?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, MrsAb2021 said:

Thanks, I’ll do that. Seems like the easiest option. 
We got his green card and national ID card copied today and notarized. 

Looking at the application now that we send in and it asks for his name in Latin beside the Arabic name, is there a way to put that in Latin or do we just put it in English ? It also asks for consulate ID number, he doesn’t have that. We can just leave that blank?

when they say "Latin", they mean using "Latin" alphabet. English and French use Latin alphabet.

For the consulate ID number, leave it blank. They will add it to their database because you are sending them the fee and the application for the Consulate ID card.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, etrangais said:

when they say "Latin", they mean using "Latin" alphabet. English and French use Latin alphabet.

For the consulate ID number, leave it blank. They will add it to their database because you are sending them the fee and the application for the Consulate ID card.

Thank you! 🙂🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/6/2023 at 2:15 PM, etrangais said:

We mailed the documents and they show they were delivered at the beginning of last week. I did overnight delivery and it shows delivered to their mailbox.
Do you remember how long it took for them to cash the money orders you sent? Ours still hasn’t been cashed yet so just curious what their time frame is for that portion of the process.

Timeline
4 hours ago, MrsAb2021 said:

We mailed the documents and they show they were delivered at the beginning of last week. I did overnight delivery and it shows delivered to their mailbox.
Do you remember how long it took for them to cash the money orders you sent? Ours still hasn’t been cashed yet so just curious what their time frame is for that portion of the process.

One to two weeks mainly

it is a “complicated” process for them, just like mokata3a. The money order is giving to a specific person who is in charge of money. They do it in waves, but they will process the passport while waiting.

The mail goes to Morocco I guess weekly .

Timeline
1 hour ago, etrangais said:

One to two weeks mainly

it is a “complicated” process for them, just like mokata3a. The money order is giving to a specific person who is in charge of money. They do it in waves, but they will process the passport while waiting.

The mail goes to Morocco I guess weekly .

That’s not too bad, we did over night delivery and it just showed delivered to their mailbox. I didn’t opt for a signature so hopefully it made it to the right spot. 

I have the serial numbers for the money orders so I can keep an eye on them for when they get cashed. 

I was hoping that the consulate would have had an online portal or a tracking system so you can see where the passport is in real time but I haven’t seen anything online where you can see updates. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsAb2021 said:

That’s not too bad, we did over night delivery and it just showed delivered to their mailbox. I didn’t opt for a signature so hopefully it made it to the right spot. 

I have the serial numbers for the money orders so I can keep an eye on them for when they get cashed. 

I was hoping that the consulate would have had an online portal or a tracking system so you can see where the passport is in real time but I haven’t seen anything online where you can see updates. 

The process is like a black box: you have no visibility at all until you can see that the money order is cashed and then until you receive the passport back.

But, rest assured that it will processed appropriately 

Timeline
3 hours ago, etrangais said:

The process is like a black box: you have no visibility at all until you can see that the money order is cashed and then until you receive the passport back.

But, rest assured that it will processed appropriately 

Sounds good, I’ll keep updated here once we see some movement.

Timeline

Just an update, received an email in French this morning saying:

MADAME/MONSIEUR BONJOUR 

LE PASSEPORT  EST DISPONIBLE, POUR LE RETIRER, VEUILLEZ VOUS PRESENTER AU SERVICE DES PASSEPORTS MUNI DU RECU DE LA DEMANDE ET DE VOTRE ANCIEN PASSEPORT

and the money orders were cashed. 

So hopefully it won’t take long now until it gets delivered here to our house. Like I stated above, I put an overnight express mail envelope in the package, so should be good to go. 🤞🏻 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 7/5/2023 at 10:17 AM, MrsAb2021 said:

Hello,

My husbands Moroccan passport will expire in September. He is a green card holder. We would like to renew his passport by mail since we are not located near NY. I contacted the consulate and they sent me the following things that he will need:

-The original Moroccan passport (this original passport will be sent back to you with the new passport).

-2 pictures (American passport pictures size)

-A Certified Copy of your (carte nationale) has to be valid (otherwise your presence at our office will is mandatory for the fingerings in order to issue the ID card

-Fees are a money order of 85.63 payable to the Moroccan Consulate of Morocco in New York

-A money order of 6.97$ fees for the registration at the Consulate (payable to the Moroccan Consulate). you can also pay cash if you come in person to our office in New York,

*please send us separate -Money orders*

-Fill out the Attached form (fiche individuelle)

-A proof of your address or any billing under your name

- A certified copy of your American ID or a copy of your Green Card

- A prepaid envelope for the return

NB: the passport takes up to 6 weeks to be issued in Morocco or more, but as soon as your new passport is issued in Morocco, you will receive an automatic message in French language to pick up your new passport, after few days we send it to you via the envelope you have included with your application (sent to us)

A prepaid certified envelope for the return.

In case you choose to process your document via mail please send a document with your contact info and the designated service: first/last name, phone number, address email, concerned department.

The questions I have are they mention a certified copy of his carte nationale. Can this just be a regular copy done on the copy machine or do we need to take his card somewhere and have a special copy done? He has a new Carte nationale that he got in Morocco in March.

How much postage is needed for the return envelope?

I was thinking to do one with tracking, but will the tracking number still be good if it takes 6 weeks or more to renew?

The last part states to include a document with contact info. Is this just a piece of paper with his information on it or is it something different needed?

Any advice is appreciated.

We have to go to NY, making flight & hotel, my husband's Moroccan ID expired, and if expired, unable to renew his passport.

Don't want to be without his passport since still in waiting mode for his  US citizenship petition.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.