TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

798 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Vicnic said:

How long are the interviews taking ? I was approved 1-30 last week and awaiting the next step.

wondering roughly what the timeline looks like now ? 

You will probably get an NVC welcome letter soon, which should be in 2-3 weeks. Then log into CEAC, which is the link they give you, and email with the Case and invoice number. From there, you have to finish three things: 1, DS-260, 2, civil docs, and 3, affidavit of support.

Once you pay Uncle Sam and upload all your required docs, the NVC will give you an email that says Document Qualified (DQ) 

After that, it's just a waiting game. 

According to https://visawhen.com/nvc, the current NVC case creation time is about 17 days, and the document review time is about seven days.

So, if everything goes smoothly, you are looking at a four-week turnaround time.

Remember that you need an RCMP cert for police records, which is critical here.

Timeline
On 5/9/2024 at 3:42 PM, edatc00 said:

DQed early March, still waiting. When’s your DQ date?

In the same boat as we got DQ’d on March 6th and no word yet. Does anyone know on average what the length of time is between getting you IL and the actual interview date? 
thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Urbanite83 said:

In the same boat as we got DQ’d on March 6th and no word yet. Does anyone know on average what the length of time is between getting you IL and the actual interview date? 
thanks!

People stopped following the instructions to be added to the tracking spreadsheet, so the data is sparse.  For a while there, it was about 4-6mo from DQ to interview.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
18 minutes ago, mam521 said:

People stopped following the instructions to be added to the tracking spreadsheet, so the data is sparse.  For a while there, it was about 4-6mo from DQ to interview.  

Ah ok. Thanks .  We’ve been in this process for now 2 years already, a few more months isn’t terrible. 

18 hours ago, edatc00 said:

You will probably get an NVC welcome letter soon, which should be in 2-3 weeks. Then log into CEAC, which is the link they give you, and email with the Case and invoice number. From there, you have to finish three things: 1, DS-260, 2, civil docs, and 3, affidavit of support.

Once you pay Uncle Sam and upload all your required docs, the NVC will give you an email that says Document Qualified (DQ) 

According to https://visawhen.com/nvc, the current NVC case creation time is about 17 days, and the document review time is about seven days.

So, if everything goes smoothly, you are looking at a four-week turnaround time.

Then it goes to Montreal for interview scheduling?

do you know roughly what the time for those is? Wanting to give myself an idea so that I have a little predictability!!! I was  really hoping for a summer interview / because working it around my work is going to be hsrd

but I am NOT missing it!!! Lol

Timeline
7 hours ago, Vicnic said:

Then it goes to Montreal for interview scheduling?

do you know roughly what the time for those is? Wanting to give myself an idea so that I have a little predictability!!! I was  really hoping for a summer interview / because working it around my work is going to be hsrd

but I am NOT missing it!!! Lol

No, it usually waits at the NVC until Montreal gives the green light for the next batch of interview slots, and then the NVC will schedule/send it for you.

Now, as far as I know, or as far as I am predicting, they typically cut off the DQ date somewhere in the third week of the month. As I have observed the trend here, you are looking for roughly 10 ish weeks from DQ to get IL. But it's just my observation, and there is no data to back it up.

For example, my wife DQed on March 6, 2024, and the last time I checked consular operation pages last month after they updated on April 19th, they tried to schedule all the people who DQed in February 2024. Judging by posts on Reddit r/ NationalVisaCenter, people who DQed before 2/14/24 or a similar DQ date got IL on 4/17/24 or 4/18/24. So, with this limited data, I think my batch (Second half of Feb 2024 to mid-March DQ date) should receive IL in the coming dates if my prediction is correct. 

Fingers crossed, and let's hope that we all get IL in a timely manner. 

1 hour ago, edatc00 said:

No, it usually waits at the NVC until Montreal gives the green light for the next batch of interview slots, and then the NVC will schedule/send it for you.

Now, as far as I know, or as far as I am predicting, they typically cut off the DQ date somewhere in the third week of the month. As I have observed the trend here, you are looking for roughly 10 ish weeks from DQ to get IL. But it's just my observation, and there is no data to back it up.

For example, my wife DQed on March 6, 2024, and the last time I checked consular operation pages last month after they updated on April 19th, they tried to schedule all the people who DQed in February 2024. Judging by posts on Reddit r/ NationalVisaCenter, people who DQed before 2/14/24 or a similar DQ date got IL on 4/17/24 or 4/18/24. So, with this limited data, I think my batch (Second half of Feb 2024 to mid-March DQ date) should receive IL in the coming dates if my prediction is correct. 

Fingers crossed, and let's hope that we all get IL in a timely manner. 

This is very helpful - thank you !!Once you get interview dates how far off are they ? 

On 5/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, edatc00 said:

I am headed there today - we got the online account invite and have paid the first two fees 

I have all my vaccinations - but I don’t have proof - I asked my primary heath care practitioner and she didn’t offer options for a blood test to check - 

im in Vancouver  BC any suggestions ??

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Vicnic said:

I am headed there today - we got the online account invite and have paid the first two fees 

I have all my vaccinations - but I don’t have proof - I asked my primary heath care practitioner and she didn’t offer options for a blood test to check - 

im in Vancouver  BC any suggestions ??

I work in the tech healthcare sector and work in BC health care workflow. BC has a mandate that if you request from the primary care physician , they have to provide a document with all your current vaccinations you’ve had since you’ve seen them. You can also request a gp’s affidavit indicating that the gp attests that you’ve had a vaccination if the gp has done a blood test to prove vaccinations. Most BC GP’s have EMR, it’s a quick request. 

I'm waiting for my il but got proof of vaccination from my GP. Just wanted to be prepared. 

hope that helps.

5 hours ago, Urbanite83 said:

I work in the tech healthcare sector and work in BC health care workflow. BC has a mandate that if you request from the primary care physician , they have to provide a document with all your current vaccinations you’ve had since you’ve seen them. You can also request a gp’s affidavit indicating that the gp attests that you’ve had a vaccination if the gp has done a blood test to prove vaccinations. Most BC GP’s have EMR, it’s a quick request. 

I'm waiting for my il but got proof of vaccination from my GP. Just wanted to be prepared. 

hope that helps.

What is EMR?

I have an apt with my NP is a few weeks I’ll request that again  now if you can give me the specifics in what exactly to ask for :)

she told me the travel clinic would do it but they said they only do what’s missing …

it’s round and round in circles 

and I’m waiting to hear from my RCMP crim check division … you need an appt now …

ugh !!!! Lol

Timeline
9 hours ago, Vicnic said:

What is EMR?

I have an apt with my NP is a few weeks I’ll request that again  now if you can give me the specifics in what exactly to ask for :)

she told me the travel clinic would do it but they said they only do what’s missing …

and I’m waiting to hear from my RCMP crim check division … you need an appt now …

ugh !!!! Lol

EMR is electronic medical records. Now you need the vaccination records for when you go for your interview, so I don't think you need it to apply for NVC.

But if you need your vaccination records, you can go to the site https://www.healthgateway.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecardand fill in information. This should have your Covid vaccination records and if you've gotten other vaccinations in the province of BC in the last 10-15 years, it should be in there. That's said, at the medical exam, I believe the physician will do a tither test, which shows what vaccinations you had and what you still need. You can ask your NP to do the same test and they might do it. Each vaccination requirement is based on your age. (I think you can find information online about it). Again, I'm not a physician, so this isn't medical advice, but I do think the main vaccinations adults need are Tdap, MMR and Covid.  If for some reason, you don't have the vaccinations I would still wait for the medical exam and once they tell you what vaccinations you do need, you can get it after at a travel clinic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Vicnic said:

What is EMR?

ugh !!!! Lol

Take a deep breath...nothing about immigration is fast.  You still have some steps here before you get to the interview.  

Ask your practitioner to do a Titres test.  This will give indication of any of the diseases you show immunity for.  After that, you can head to the travel clinic and get anything that is missing.  

I believe you stated you lived in the UK previously.  Was it after the age of 16 and was it for more than 6mo?  If so, you will need a CRC from the UK.  You can schedule your RCMP CRC with a third party like the Commissionares.  The RCMP do not offer this service directly.  

You still need to get your DS-260 approved before the rest happens.  You will need an address history from the time you were 16, so I highly recommend creating a spreadsheet now with this information before you begin filling it out.  The CEAC website is dreadful.  Being able to copy and paste in lessens the pain ever so slightly.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

2 hours ago, mam521 said:

Take a deep breath...nothing about immigration is fast.  You still have some steps here before you get to the interview.  

Ask your practitioner to do a Titres test.  This will give indication of any of the diseases you show immunity for.  After that, you can head to the travel clinic and get anything that is missing.  

I believe you stated you lived in the UK previously.  Was it after the age of 16 and was it for more than 6mo?  If so, you will need a CRC from the UK.  You can schedule your RCMP CRC with a third party like the Commissionares.  The RCMP do not offer this service directly.  

You still need to get your DS-260 approved before the rest happens.  You will need an address history from the time you were 16, so I highly recommend creating a spreadsheet now with this information before you begin filling it out.  The CEAC website is dreadful.  Being able to copy and paste in lessens the pain ever so slightly.  

Lucky not living in uk  after age 16 !! I have already set up the answers to the questions( the lawyer sent them over for me to prep)

I might look at the commissioners because my local RCMP office isn’t making in person appts and they are not calling me back … 

nothing about this is easy is it?

sigh

thanks for the help - after the long 1-30 wait I want to be as prepared as possible ( no more delays !!!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.