TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

781 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/9/2024 at 3:16 PM, SZie31 said:

Thank you so very much for this information @mam521

This makes so much more sense now. My husband started his job with only 6 weeks notice. 

I have all my vaccination records from Germany integrated in the Canadian System. Just trying to figure out how to proof that I had chickenpox since I didn't get the vaccine for it. 

After your message we also sent another email to Montreal and attached my Germany Police Certificate (with certified translation) and the I-864 Affidavit of Support with my husband's tax returns. These were the only civil documents missing. Now we have to wait and hope for a response soon. It is frustrating because the DCF process in other countries seems to go much quicker than it does in Montreal. 

Be thankful Montreal even took your DCF.  It's pretty rare that they do DCF, period.  

Normal processing takes 18-24 months without a 221g or a DS-5535.  Add the later to the mix and you're looking at an additional 6 to 18 months, possibly longer.  Just fair warning that the group here has been waiting to reunite with their spouses on a permanent basis, so they will be happy you get to reunite with your partner, but aren't going to be empathetic to a DCF wait versus a normal processing wait.  

They will ask you if you had chicken pox.  If you say yes, that's good enough.  It's a bit of an outlier.  As for the other documents, they may not have been able to proceed until they had them.  If they were e-mailed and not attached to the DS-260 - not sure how that's going to factor in.  Usually it takes Montreal at least a month to answer an e-mail, typically more like 6-8 weeks.  Yep, Montreal is pretty unfun to deal with!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/30/2024 at 8:10 AM, hawaiicostco said:

Thanks! Good luck to your husband!

So we found out today that the social security card was issued 3 days after crossing, but was "delivered and returned" - we never got it. We were having issues with our mail carrier at the time, "losing" mail, so we think he deliberately lost my husbands SSN card. Husband is currently at SSA trying to get a rush replacement, because he was offered a job today and we cant complete his tax info and onboarding without it. 

20 hours ago, natashasa said:

Quick question -I have my medical this week and have a tattoo on my wrist (its a feather with birds and my husband name on it)

I have heard tattoo's are questionable during US medical exam?

My husband has pawprints on his arm, and a name (not mine). The tattoo was never even mentioned.

Timeline

Question for anyone who can help.

Husband's SSN was "delivered and returned" - pretty sure our petty mail carrier (whom I reported for damage when he threw packages at my door - literally) had something to do with it. Husband is currently trying to fast-track a replacement down at SSA because he was offered a job today. But the SSA agent asked if we had received husband's I-94 after crossing - and we haven't received a single thing. We thought we were still waiting on his SSN card, and that was it. I know I can pull an I-94 of their website to show travel history, but is there something else I'm missing? His I-94 record still has his old passport number - for some reason, when he renewed his passport in Aug 2022, they issued a whole new passport number and it never got "attached" to anything. Now I'm worried that we've missed something somewhere. Does anyone know anything that might help inform me?

Timeline
21 hours ago, natashasa said:

Quick question -I have my medical this week and have a tattoo on my wrist (its a feather with birds and my husband name on it)

I have heard tattoo's are questionable during US medical exam?

It is more of an issue in Countries with a huge gang/criminal presence. During the medical if they see a tattoo that is related to those gangs than you have an issue. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

Husband's SSN was "delivered and returned" - pretty sure our petty mail carrier (whom I reported for damage when he threw packages at my door - literally) had something to do with it. Husband is currently trying to fast-track a replacement down at SSA because he was offered a job today. But the SSA agent asked if we had received husband's I-94 after crossing - and we haven't received a single thing. We thought we were still waiting on his SSN card, and that was it. I know I can pull an I-94 of their website to show travel history, but is there something else I'm missing? His I-94 record still has his old passport number - for some reason, when he renewed his passport in Aug 2022, they issued a whole new passport number and it never got "attached" to anything. Now I'm worried that we've missed something somewhere. Does anyone know anything that might help inform me?

I thought when you enter as a permanent resident you no longer get an I94? I checked my I94 and it only shows the last entry I did as a tourist on a B2 ages ago. 

Has your husband received his physical green card yet? I don’t know how to track the status of mine, the last update I got is from the receipt number from when I paid the immigrant fee and it just says your fee has been paid and your card will be produced.  I don’t know if that status will change when it’s mailed or what.  It’s only been two weeks since I crossed so I’m not worried yet.  

2 hours ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

I forgot to add, since his SSN card was issued I think there is a way he can look it up online and get the number.  If he gives the employer his SSN number and his green card (or that temporary stamp in his passport) that should work for employment.   I’m pretty sure permanent residents don’t get I94s so he will never have one.  

Timeline

Posting my Review on my Interview!

Quick and Efficient. The appointment was at 7:45 - showed up 5 minutes early for my timeslot, plenty of time, the guard was well on top of things, and he was amazed there was a group there waiting for their 8 am appointment out in the cold, he encouraged them to go get a coffee and come back, but they were fine to wait in the cold.

Admittedly I came over prepared - I had my own copies of everything that I printed off, more tax details than my spouse I needed, the full i-864, etc.

Ultimately they only asked for the originals of my Wife's W2 (We used an i-864EZ), my birth certificate, our marriage certificate, and my police certificate. Also requested were the Pictures and my Passport.

That first process was about 5 minutes after I sat down. My interview was about 15 minutes later and Approved after the standard questions. I did add my daughter's CRBA during the interview. I was there for less than an hour.

I was approved on the spot, they did mention the system was slow. everything was updated online later that day. I received my shipping tracking the next day for my passport. Should be in my hands in 2 days.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who contributed to this forum, lots of valuable information here on the process.

6 hours ago, HoneyBadger26 said:

My husband has pawprints on his arm, and a name (not mine). The tattoo was never even mentioned.

Thank you I had my medical today @Toronto and no one mentioned about Tattoo. The only thing missing was Covid Booster shot(though I had 3 covid shots already) even then the booster was required. Thankfully there was a Shopper Pharmacy near by so got it completed today.  

Timeline

@HoneyBadger26 your husband can still begin work even without the SSN.  Read the I-9 form.  He can provide his passport with his endorsed I-551 which serves as a List A document demonstrating both identity and work authorization (https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents).  The SSN can be updated in the near future as you work out the details on where the card actually went to.  If his employer has questions, they can refer to the USCIS I-9 Central page.  The HR team should have received updated training on this.  

@Shades8 you are correct.  There are no I-94's for LPR's.  The information @HoneyBadger26's spouse is being presented is for individuals with work visas, not permanent residents of the US. 

As for the greencard, @Shades8, MyUSCIS should have the information.  Also, you can further track on Informed Delivery from USPS when it's mailed out.  

Edited by mam521

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
2 hours ago, natashasa said:

Do we need to update the new i864 (change in address/phone number and latest tax returns)the last one was updated in 2022 on the portal before attending the interview.?

If there is updated information, then yes, bring updates to your interview. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

4 hours ago, mam521 said:

@HoneyBadger26 your husband can still begin work even without the SSN.  Read the I-9 form.  He can provide his passport with his endorsed I-551 which serves as a List A document demonstrating both identity and work authorization (https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents).  The SSN can be updated in the near future as you work out the details on where the card actually went to.  If his employer has questions, they can refer to the USCIS I-9 Central page.  The HR team should have received updated training on this.  

@Shades8 you are correct.  There are no I-94's for LPR's.  The information @HoneyBadger26's spouse is being presented is for individuals with work visas, not permanent residents of the US. 

As for the greencard, @Shades8, MyUSCIS should have the information.  Also, you can further track on Informed Delivery from USPS when it's mailed out.  

Thank you for the info! I am unable to add my case to my USCIS account.  I tried using the receipt number for when I paid the fee to get an access code and they told me it wasn’t a valid receipt number.  Then I tried again using the original I 130 receipt number and they denied me saying they couldn’t prove I was the applicant.  So I can only use the public USCIS case status thing.  I’m really confused about how to track the progress of getting the green card.  

Timeline
15 hours ago, Shades8 said:

Thank you for the info! I am unable to add my case to my USCIS account.  I tried using the receipt number for when I paid the fee to get an access code and they told me it wasn’t a valid receipt number.  Then I tried again using the original I 130 receipt number and they denied me saying they couldn’t prove I was the applicant.  So I can only use the public USCIS case status thing.  I’m really confused about how to track the progress of getting the green card.  

On one of your NOA's, there should be a code.  

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.uscis.gov%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2Ftopic-landing%2FUSCIS_File-Online_760%402x_0.jpg&tbnid=4f3k5UWWaD4psM&vet=12ahUKEwjW-LXO162EAxXAFt4AHU1vBgIQMygAegQIARBM..i&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.uscis.gov%2Ffile-online%2Fhow-to-create-a-uscis-online-account&docid=s_mrEG7u8A2HCM&w=1520&h=920&q=NOA code to add a case to myuscis&ved=2ahUKEwjW-LXO162EAxXAFt4AHU1vBgIQMygAegQIARBM

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.