TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

806 posts in this topic

Hi All,

interview for is coming up this Wednesday and I wanted to ask the group if I missed anything in my physical evidence: 

-NVC Letter

-Petitioner’s birth certificate and copy

-Copy of petitioner’s passport

-W2 and Tax Return of petitioner (2022, 2021, and 2020)

-W2 and Tax Return of joint sponsor (2022, 2021 and 2020)

-Marriage certificate and copy

-Applicants birth certificate and copy

-Applicant police report and copy

-Lease with both names

-Internet bill with both names 

-20+ photos of the both of us over a 3 year time period. 
-Applicants 3 previous F1 visas (2012-2018)

I was thinking about printing of my flight itineraries as I travel 1-2 a month to visit my wife. 

Anything I missed or should add?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Hi All,

interview for is coming up this Wednesday and I wanted to ask the group if I missed anything in my physical evidence: 

-NVC Letter

-Petitioner’s birth certificate and copy

-Copy of petitioner’s passport

-W2 and Tax Return of petitioner (2022, 2021, and 2020)

-W2 and Tax Return of joint sponsor (2022, 2021 and 2020)

-Marriage certificate and copy

-Applicants birth certificate and copy

-Applicant police report and copy

-Lease with both names

-Internet bill with both names 

-20+ photos of the both of us over a 3 year time period. 
-Applicants 3 previous F1 visas (2012-2018)

I was thinking about printing of my flight itineraries as I travel 1-2 a month to visit my wife. 

Anything I missed or should add?

They asked me for the following:

my long form birth certificate

police report

passport size photo

marriage certificate

petitioners W2 and tax return

petitioners divorce decree

That’s it. But it may vary with the person talking to you. Bring everything  by above and additional stuff you want to bring. Over prepared is way better than under prepared.

4 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

They asked me for the following:

my long form birth certificate

police report

passport size photo

marriage certificate

petitioners W2 and tax return

petitioners divorce decree

That’s it. But it may vary with the person talking to you. Bring everything  by above and additional stuff you want to bring. Over prepared is way better than under prepared.

Oh forgot I have passport photos! 

Yeah I’m trying to go with the over prepared, I’ve known my wife since we were 16 but you never know.

thanks!  

Edited by NorthnerSouth98

Timeline
On 8/18/2023 at 9:53 PM, 8130093Bo said:

I also have a question for those registering their appointment, but that previously had a US visa (Say Visitor Visa). Do you just use your exisiting login and select new group? Anyone can confirm? thank you so much. 

You had a visitor visa and you're from Canada? Interesting. I never heard of that having a separate login. I hope someone can provide you with the proper info on this one! 

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/16/2023 at 2:58 AM, nap782 said:

At 3:30am, I received an email from NVC saying they scheduled an appointment for late October. We were DQ in May so I'm hoping some others here also got this email as well.

Make sure to schedule your medical examination ASAP! That was the first thing I did after I got the word!

Hello Nap782, we were DQ on May 4th still waiting for Interview. What's your visa category if you don't mind sharing?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, G2023 said:

Hello Nap782, we were DQ on May 4th still waiting for Interview. What's your visa category if you don't mind sharing?

Hey there! I know I'm not Nap782, but this thread is for CR-1 and I-RI visas. If you have a different visa you are waiting for, I recommend that you look for a thread dedicated to that specific visa as this one won't really help much if you are awaiting a different one :) 

Timeline

Hey all! I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything. I have on my IL letter that my interview is Sept 18th at 7:45, however I just got an email this morning from us-visa-info email address showing my courrier information that I set up, and that my consular interview date is September 18th but at 10:45 instead. I'm kind of confused if this is wrong or just updated. I dont want to show up at 10:45 if my appointment was supposed to be 7:45. Has anyone encountered this?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, HaeZee said:

Hey all! I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything. I have on my IL letter that my interview is Sept 18th at 7:45, however I just got an email this morning from us-visa-info email address showing my courrier information that I set up, and that my consular interview date is September 18th but at 10:45 instead. I'm kind of confused if this is wrong or just updated. I dont want to show up at 10:45 if my appointment was supposed to be 7:45. Has anyone encountered this?

I would go off the date and time on your original interview letter. Worst case is your early and can go grab breakfast somewhere if you need to wait. It's right downtown so you have plenty of restaurant options :) 

Update: I just checked my courier information email I received when I set it up and my interview date and time is not on the confirmation at all. Do you have a screenshot of that spot of your confirmation at all so I can make sure I'm looking at the right info?

Edited by llcoolwil

Timeline
11 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

I would go off the date and time on your original interview letter. Worst case is your early and can go grab breakfast somewhere if you need to wait. It's right downtown so you have plenty of restaurant options :) 

Update: I just checked my courier information email I received when I set it up and my interview date and time is not on the confirmation at all. Do you have a screenshot of that spot of your confirmation at all so I can make sure I'm looking at the right info?

Yep that was my thought as well, is just proceed like its 745 and they will tell me if I'm wrong. My hotel is only about 5minute walk away anyways, I'm just super confused and already stressed out haha. Here's the email I got this morning

image.png.acb2f4c9cf4fb8a6149854ff61df3649.png

Edited by HaeZee
words

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HaeZee said:

Yep that was my thought as well, is just proceed like its 745 and they will tell me if I'm wrong. My hotel is only about 5minute walk away anyways, I'm just super confused and already stressed out haha. Here's the email I got this morning

image.png.acb2f4c9cf4fb8a6149854ff61df3649.png

Oh! That one! Interesting! My interview date remained the same from the original interview letter. WEIRD! In that case, I'd recommend just going in at 7:45 anyway with both your interview letter as well as the courier details and mention that two different times were provided so you're unsure. They have someone just inside that verifies everything so they will likely tell you the confirmed time when you are there.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, llcoolwil said:

Oh! That one! Interesting! My interview date remained the same from the original interview letter. WEIRD! In that case, I'd recommend just going in at 7:45 anyway with both your interview letter as well as the courier details and mention that two different times were provided so you're unsure. They have someone just inside that verifies everything so they will likely tell you the confirmed time when you are there.  

Thats good to know that they have someone checking them, so that I dont have to sit there for 3 hours waiting for someone to call my name if I dont have to.. though I feel like I've waited through the process long enoug that 3 hours should be nothing by now. Thanks for the input!! 

Timeline
Just now, HaeZee said:

Thats good to know that they have someone checking them, so that I dont have to sit there for 3 hours waiting for someone to call my name if I dont have to.. though I feel like I've waited through the process long enoug that 3 hours should be nothing by now. Thanks for the input!! 

Haha! Yeah! Basically when you get there, you'll see a line up and then a security guard will either call an interview time or ask you for your interview time. They are really nice. Once they confirm your time with you, they bring you inside where you hand your passport to the first person and they check you in. I am sure they would let you in to double check your interview time if you have both conflicting documents. They are very friendly.

2 hours ago, llcoolwil said:

Haha! Yeah! Basically when you get there, you'll see a line up and then a security guard will either call an interview time or ask you for your interview time. They are really nice. Once they confirm your time with you, they bring you inside where you hand your passport to the first person and they check you in. I am sure they would let you in to double check your interview time if you have both conflicting documents. They are very friendly.

I just got an updated interview time as well, my interview date is August 23rd @7:45 but just received an email that my interview time has been changed to 11:30? 

Never seen this before…

Timeline
13 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

I just got an updated interview time as well, my interview date is August 23rd @7:45 but just received an email that my interview time has been changed to 11:30? 

Never seen this before…

SO weird!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.