alelin

Interview wait times (split)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 3/22/2023 at 10:27 PM, Sj33 said:

Thanks! We just received the notice from NVC that everything is in order yesterday, so we are just starting our wait time to the interview. It doesn’t look like there is a lot of info re time frame online, but hopefully it doesn’t take more than a 2-3 months. 

The docs that took time were mainly on my end with some of the tax records I needed to submit, but it sounds like you’re all set on that front. I’m not sure how long the police records are valid for, but it took less than 2 weeks to get them online and we did it after we received the USCIS approval so it shouldn’t hold things up if you wait until you get the formal USCIS approval. We did find out though that for Peru they require two extra certificates in addition to the police records. The three criminal record documents they require including the police record certificate are called: 1) Certificado de Antecedentes Policiales, 2) Certificado Judicial de Antecedentes Penales, and 3) Certificado de Antecedentes Judiciales a Nivel Nacional. This is the state department website that explains that they are needed for Peru:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Peru.html

We googled each form and there are instructions on how to get each online and it was pretty straightforward luckily. 

Lastly, I’m not sure I understand your final question, but I don’t think there’s a way to bypass the NVC processing and interview date if you’re applying from abroad. The visa isn’t issued until after the interview is completed based on what I know.

Hello @Sj33 my husband and I just received the notice from NVC yesterday, I've been searching for estimated timeframes for the CR1 visa interview appointment everywhere but there isn't specific info about it and your case is the most recent one I've found. So, are you still waiting for the interview date? I hope no, I was hoping it doesn't take more than 2 weeks.  

Thank you in advance for your time! 

3 minutes ago, alelin said:

Hello @Sj33 my husband and I just received the notice from NVC yesterday, I've been searching for estimated timeframes for the CR1 visa interview appointment everywhere but there isn't specific info about it and your case is the most recent one I've found. So, are you still waiting for the interview date? I hope no, I was hoping it doesn't take more than 2 weeks.  

Thank you in advance for your time! 

Hey there! I just wanted to clarify for you quickly, the NVC takes 2 weeks on average to approve documents once everything has been submitted. Do you have documents ready to submit? As this can add time to that (tax information, police checks). The timeframe for interview then is dependent country to country. You can search "immigration timelines" and specify the country you want to view to compare average wait times :) I hope this helps!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Micam said:

Hey there! I just wanted to clarify for you quickly, the NVC takes 2 weeks on average to approve documents once everything has been submitted. Do you have documents ready to submit? As this can add time to that (tax information, police checks). The timeframe for interview then is dependent country to country. You can search "immigration timelines" and specify the country you want to view to compare average wait times :) I hope this helps!

Documents were already submitted and approved; they took 2 weeks indeed. Waiting for the interview. 

11 minutes ago, alelin said:

Documents were already submitted and approved; they took 2 weeks indeed. Waiting for the interview. 

That will certainly take more than 2 weeks, but it will depend on the consulate you're being interviewed at as to how much longer. Some have no backlogs (approx 3 months from DQ date to interview date), others have lengthy backlogs. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

That will certainly take more than 2 weeks, but it will depend on the consulate you're being interviewed at as to how much longer. Some have no backlogs (approx 3 months from DQ date to interview date), others have lengthy backlogs. 

Thank you, I should clarify when I say I'm expecting they take no more than 2 weeks I'm talking about the interview letter/booking. About the interview date I was expecting it to take place in no more than 2 months, hopefully. 

Greetings! 

19 minutes ago, alelin said:

Thank you, I should clarify when I say I'm expecting they take no more than 2 weeks I'm talking about the interview letter/booking. About the interview date I was expecting it to take place in no more than 2 months, hopefully. 

Greetings! 

I see you've added your location as Peru? Afraid I'm not familiar with the processing times there, but this was the most recent thread I could find if it helps - 

It's pretty old though so hopefully some of the backlog has cleared since then. You can search the immigration timelines as well to see if you can find more recent cases.

Good luck, hope you don't have too long to wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post and related replies split off to their own thread. Please do no post questions about your own case in other member's threads.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Administrative action has been applied against a poster's account for spamming and other Terms of Service violations.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 6/8/2023 at 7:45 AM, alelin said:

Greetings! 

Hi, sorry for not replying earlier. We received our interview date letter approximately one month after the DQ date with NVC and the interview was scheduled for approximately 2 months later. So it was just about 3 months from the date NVC approved the documents and the interview taking place. Hope that helps! 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We were told that we were approved by NVS the first week of January 2023.  Notice of interview date was in March, for the interview on May 3rd.  We are still waiting for the visa to be issued after 7 weeks.  It is not easy to get any response to email.  It has now been 22 months since we applied for the spouse visa.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, 22 Months said:

We were told that we were approved by NVS the first week of January 2023.  Notice of interview date was in March, for the interview on May 3rd.  We are still waiting for the visa to be issued after 7 weeks.  It is not easy to get any response to email.  It has now been 22 months since we applied for the spouse visa.

That seems strange to me. My spouse received an email saying that the visa was ready 3 business days after our interview and she picked it up today (1 week after the interview). If they said the visa was approved at the interview, you may want to make sure you didn’t miss an email. Unfortunately I’m not certain what the best way to get in touch with someone at the embassy would be, but if there’s an option to call that could be worth trying. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We got notice that our daughter's visa was ready on May 31st, 4 weeks after the interview.  The embassy decided to ask for my previous marriage certificate at the interview, though it had never been requested before.  That delayed the process, even though I uploaded the document the same day as the interview.  We have been in contact with the embassy through email and my state senator is also inquiring about the status.  We were finally told on June 21st that the visa was issued and that it could take 6-10 more days before it was ready to pick up.  So frustrating.  It feels like they are punishing us and dragging it out as long as possible.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.