38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
21 hours ago, Vicnic said:

We are checking every night …. Trust me !! It was my birthday last week and we both really through that would be the best bday present !!!

it always come at the most unexpected time. I forgot the process for 8-9 months I was so busy with work and bringing my wife temporarily to Canada, now we check almost everyday

Also a June filer. I know that the estimate on USCIS’ website doesn’t really mean much but mine went from 5 weeks a couple of weeks ago to 5 months, which doesn’t help with the anxiety factor. We tried expediting our case but it went nowhere, neither with USCIS directly or through our congressman. We sent our paperwork May last year and got the notice in June and nearing the one year anniversary without any answers/predictions is disheartening. Sorry to not bring any news, I just needed to vent. This process is so alienating and every time I try to talk to someone from the US about it, they start with some bizarre racist comments about “certain people” entering the US that they do not approve of, as if it’s supposed to make me feel better 😩
anyways. Best of luck to us. Maybe some good news soon?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mari S said:

Also a June filer. I know that the estimate on USCIS’ website doesn’t really mean much but mine went from 5 weeks a couple of weeks ago to 5 months, which doesn’t help with the anxiety factor. We tried expediting our case but it went nowhere, neither with USCIS directly or through our congressman. We sent our paperwork May last year and got the notice in June and nearing the one year anniversary without any answers/predictions is disheartening. Sorry to not bring any news, I just needed to vent. This process is so alienating and every time I try to talk to someone from the US about it, they start with some bizarre racist comments about “certain people” entering the US that they do not approve of, as if it’s supposed to make me feel better 😩

Don't worry we are all in the same situation, the estimation for NOA2 should be next month, in June

Edited by Xavier_

10 hours ago, Mari S said:

Im sorry you went through that.  This is what these groups are all about.  we all can relate in some way shape or form going through this process.  Im sure next month we will all be posting our approval dates.

18 hours ago, Xavier_ said:

We officially got the "your case is taking longer than expecting" on the USCIS website lol

Ours had been steadily going down one month every 5 to 6 weeks. About 6 weeks past the 2 month update, it went to five weeks. Two days later it changed to 5 months (about fifteen days ago). Today it went to 4 months. Again, I know it means pretty much nothing but I feel like our emotions and mental wellbeing are being toyed with 🥲🥲🥲 

but as some of you have said, hoping for a mass approval of our June filers next month. Best of luck to all and may we all be reunited with our families soon 🥹

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.