32 posts in this topic

June 23 filer here, no updates since Actively Reviewing update back in late June/early July (moved service centers). Filed K3 end of Feb 2024 just to see if it would do anything. The MyProgress tab says 4 weeks, but based on averages from what I've read I'd expect approval in about 2 months

Edited by gtrplayr

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
On 3/22/2024 at 9:45 AM, gtrplayr said:

June 23 filer here, no updates since Actively Reviewing update back in late June/early July (moved service centers). Filed K3 end of Feb 2024 just to see if it would do anything. The MyProgress tab says 4 weeks, but based on averages from what I've read I'd expect approval in about 2 months

Yeah looks like those with April submissions are starting to receive their approvals...so I wouldn't expect anything sooner than May. Looks like its taking right under or around a full 12 months. 

Engaged: 2016-11-07

K-1 Visa Process
I-129F NOA1: 2016-12-05
I-129F NOA2: 2017-05-05
Interview Date: 2017-07-14 (Approved!)  

Married: 2017-08-08

AOS Process

I-485/I-131/I-765 NOA 1 : 2017-08-26

AOS Interview: 2017-12-08 (recommended for approval) 

Received Two Year Green Card: 2017-12-16

Moved back to Chile: 2019-09-01 

Abandoned Green Card: 2020-08-17 

IR-1 Visa Process

I-130 Filed Electronically and Online Reciept Notice: 2023-06-04 

NOA1 Recieved in Mail (with recieved date as 06-04-2023): 2023-06-10

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

June 19th 2023 filer. I received my first NOA on the same day. My case has a status of actively reviewing it since Aug 24th, 2023. My progress currently says 2 weeks. We are hopeful but planning for 2-3 more months of waiting. Hopefully, USCIS will prove us wrong! 

Quick update - received another AR notice today, checked documents and I-130 approval PDF was hiding there. 

Caveat - I did expedite through my congressman and the request was approved yesterday. 

Hoping for approvals for yall soon!!

Timeline
11 hours ago, gtrplayr said:

Quick update - received another AR notice today, checked documents and I-130 approval PDF was hiding there. 

Caveat - I did expedite through my congressman and the request was approved yesterday. 

Great to hear! Congrats!

K-1 Visa Process

AOS Process

IR-1 Visa Process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/6/2023 at 4:30 PM, garebear397 said:

Didn't see a thread for June yet, so I will start one (though let me know if I missed it).

We were married back in 2017, already went through the K-1 visa process and my wife got her green card, we lived in the US for 2 years and then for family reasons moved back to Chile. Now with two kids with us we are looking to move back state-side. Yay Round 2! 

Filed on June 4th online, recieved the Reciept Notice the same day and based on that document it looks like it will be processed in Virginia. I assume this is NOT the same as the official NOA1? I suppose that will come in the mail? 

June filler here AND K1 Filler from 2020!! I am surprised to see I am not alone in this case  😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 4/11/2024 at 10:46 PM, gtrplayr said:

"I did expedite through my congressman" how do you do that exactly? did you email your state senator?

8 hours ago, Xavier_ said:

"I did expedite through my congressman" how do you do that exactly? did you email your state senator?

Most if not all congresspeople should have a section on their website for constituent requests and one option should be immigration help, USCIS expedites, something like that. 

I submitted a form through the website with basic information about my expedite request, then the office followed up asking for documentation of evidence to support the request and a signed form giving them access to my personal information for the purposes of the request. They then notified me they had submitted the request, and a month later they emailed me again saying the request was accepted by USCIS. A few days after that my application was approved. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Xavier_ said:

June filler here AND K1 Filler from 2020!! I am surprised to see I am not alone in this case  😁

There are dozens of us...dozens! 

K-1 Visa Process

AOS Process

IR-1 Visa Process

9 hours ago, gtrplayr said:

Most if not all congresspeople should have a section on their website for constituent requests and one option should be immigration help, USCIS expedites, something like that. 

I submitted a form through the website with basic information about my expedite request, then the office followed up asking for documentation of evidence to support the request and a signed form giving them access to my personal information for the purposes of the request. They then notified me they had submitted the request, and a month later they emailed me again saying the request was accepted by USCIS. A few days after that my application was approved. 

Can I ask what was your reasoning you used to get the expedited? The guidelines are to broad for me.

13 hours ago, wellz34 said:

Can I ask what was your reasoning you used to get the expedited? The guidelines are to broad for me.

It was a medical-related expedite request, technically under the "humanitarian and emergency" category. I think the most important is explaining why your beneficiary must come to the US sooner than scheduled, like a critical surgery only available in the US. For me, I mentioned the need for acting as caretaker after my wife's surgery for which the recovery is on the scale of a year or longer. 

39 minutes ago, UK_Dreamer said:

Filed June 6th 2023. 

In January our USCIS timeline went to 'your case is taking longer than expected'. In February it recalibrated and said '2 months'. 

As of today it says <1 week.

Hopefully we hear something. 

Well a lot of us April filers are still waiting… 

2 hours ago, UK_Dreamer said:

I can't imagine it'll be much longer for you now... we're in the last week of April 2024 and you filed in the last week of april 2023

Check the documents tab! 

We are checking every night …. Trust me !! It was my birthday last week and we both really through that would be the best bday present !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.