47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
21 hours ago, Vicnic said:

We are checking every night …. Trust me !! It was my birthday last week and we both really through that would be the best bday present !!!

it always come at the most unexpected time. I forgot the process for 8-9 months I was so busy with work and bringing my wife temporarily to Canada, now we check almost everyday

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also a June filer. I know that the estimate on USCIS’ website doesn’t really mean much but mine went from 5 weeks a couple of weeks ago to 5 months, which doesn’t help with the anxiety factor. We tried expediting our case but it went nowhere, neither with USCIS directly or through our congressman. We sent our paperwork May last year and got the notice in June and nearing the one year anniversary without any answers/predictions is disheartening. Sorry to not bring any news, I just needed to vent. This process is so alienating and every time I try to talk to someone from the US about it, they start with some bizarre racist comments about “certain people” entering the US that they do not approve of, as if it’s supposed to make me feel better 😩
anyways. Best of luck to us. Maybe some good news soon?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Mari S said:

Also a June filer. I know that the estimate on USCIS’ website doesn’t really mean much but mine went from 5 weeks a couple of weeks ago to 5 months, which doesn’t help with the anxiety factor. We tried expediting our case but it went nowhere, neither with USCIS directly or through our congressman. We sent our paperwork May last year and got the notice in June and nearing the one year anniversary without any answers/predictions is disheartening. Sorry to not bring any news, I just needed to vent. This process is so alienating and every time I try to talk to someone from the US about it, they start with some bizarre racist comments about “certain people” entering the US that they do not approve of, as if it’s supposed to make me feel better 😩

Don't worry we are all in the same situation, the estimation for NOA2 should be next month, in June

Edited by Xavier_

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mari S said:

Im sorry you went through that.  This is what these groups are all about.  we all can relate in some way shape or form going through this process.  Im sure next month we will all be posting our approval dates.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Xavier_ said:

We officially got the "your case is taking longer than expecting" on the USCIS website lol

Ours had been steadily going down one month every 5 to 6 weeks. About 6 weeks past the 2 month update, it went to five weeks. Two days later it changed to 5 months (about fifteen days ago). Today it went to 4 months. Again, I know it means pretty much nothing but I feel like our emotions and mental wellbeing are being toyed with 🥲🥲🥲 

but as some of you have said, hoping for a mass approval of our June filers next month. Best of luck to all and may we all be reunited with our families soon 🥹

Timeline

Posting again because I am confused.

y’all FILED in June and had your active review status date in June, or is this specific for the NOA date? For whatever reason, though they received our paperwork in June, our NOA date is from October. Does that mean I’m an October filer?

sorry if this has been explained before, I’m new to the forum. Our situation is a bit crappy as we initially filed in Denmark where we were living and were in no hurry to move (5 weeks of paid holiday per year, ok jobs, free healthcare and so on). Then the company I worked for filed for bankruptcy and my visa lapsed (as well as my husband’s who was there as an accompanying spouse). He moved back to the US with my dog and I came back to Brazil. My dog is my world, he’ll be 12 soon and he went to work with me every day for the 8 something years I had him. I never had to register him as an emotional support dog because I was lucky enough to work for companies that had no issue with him going to work with me - but also because the regulations there didn’t allow me to register him unless he went to training with a third party, despite him being MY ESA. Bringing him to Brazil was not a viable option as airlines don’t allow live cargo during the warm months and the extra trip to Brazil and the added quarantine he’d be required to enter the US afterwards would probably be too much on a dog his age. Now my husband has to look for work while being the sole caretaker of a senior dog who rarely ever stayed by himself more than a couple of hours at a time - and I “lost” my ESA so I’m deteriorating from a mental health perspective. I can’t look for anything permanent in Brazil as (hopefully) our situation will change soon, and on top of everything I am not too far from the area that got completely wiped by the floods last week - and we are starting to get warnings of floods in my city. I know compared to a lot of people these are minor nuisances but because it was such an abrupt change of plans and the fact I have severe anxiety and depression has put us in a crappy position. 
sorry about the rant(s), just going back to the original question: am I a June or October filer?

hugs to all, hope your approval pops in your mailboxes soon! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Mari S said:

Posting again because I am confused.

y’all FILED in June and had your active review status date in June, or is this specific for the NOA date? For whatever reason, though they received our paperwork in June, our NOA date is from October. Does that mean I’m an October filer?

sorry if this has been explained before, I’m new to the forum. Our situation is a bit crappy as we initially filed in Denmark where we were living and were in no hurry to move (5 weeks of paid holiday per year, ok jobs, free healthcare and so on). Then the company I worked for filed for bankruptcy and my visa lapsed (as well as my husband’s who was there as an accompanying spouse). He moved back to the US with my dog and I came back to Brazil. My dog is my world, he’ll be 12 soon and he went to work with me every day for the 8 something years I had him. I never had to register him as an emotional support dog because I was lucky enough to work for companies that had no issue with him going to work with me - but also because the regulations there didn’t allow me to register him unless he went to training with a third party, despite him being MY ESA. Bringing him to Brazil was not a viable option as airlines don’t allow live cargo during the warm months and the extra trip to Brazil and the added quarantine he’d be required to enter the US afterwards would probably be too much on a dog his age. Now my husband has to look for work while being the sole caretaker of a senior dog who rarely ever stayed by himself more than a couple of hours at a time - and I “lost” my ESA so I’m deteriorating from a mental health perspective. I can’t look for anything permanent in Brazil as (hopefully) our situation will change soon, and on top of everything I am not too far from the area that got completely wiped by the floods last week - and we are starting to get warnings of floods in my city. I know compared to a lot of people these are minor nuisances but because it was such an abrupt change of plans and the fact I have severe anxiety and depression has put us in a crappy position. 
sorry about the rant(s), just going back to the original question: am I a June or October filer?

hugs to all, hope your approval pops in your mailboxes soon! 

So I mean technically you would be a June filer, since you submitted in June and part of the wait time is waiting for the NOA1. But that is normally much quicker than 2-3 months...if mailed it is usually 2 weeks or so, and if done online it is the same day. Did you file online or by mail? And when you say they received the paperwork in June -- that is because your mailed application arrived in June? Or because on the NOA it says "Received Date" in June? 

Are all the dates at the top left of your NOA1 June or October dates? In the end, if your "Priority Date" is in October, you will be put in line with other people with that priority date, which means yes you will follow a timeline more closely to October filers. 

Engaged: 2016-11-07

K-1 Visa Process
I-129F NOA1: 2016-12-05
I-129F NOA2: 2017-05-05
Interview Date: 2017-07-14 (Approved!)  

Married: 2017-08-08

AOS Process

I-485/I-131/I-765 NOA 1 : 2017-08-26

AOS Interview: 2017-12-08 (recommended for approval) 

Received Two Year Green Card: 2017-12-16

Moved back to Chile: 2019-09-01 

Abandoned Green Card: 2020-08-17 

IR-1 Visa Process

I-130 Filed Electronically and Online Reciept Notice: 2023-06-04 

NOA1 Recieved in Mail (with recieved date as 06-04-2023): 2023-06-10

Timeline
20 minutes ago, garebear397 said:

So I mean technically you would be a June filer, since you submitted in June and part of the wait time is waiting for the NOA1. But that is normally much quicker than 2-3 months...if mailed it is usually 2 weeks or so, and if done online it is the same day. Did you file online or by mail? And when you say they received the paperwork in June -- that is because your mailed application arrived in June? Or because on the NOA it says "Received Date" in June? 

Are all the dates at the top left of your NOA1 June or October dates? In the end, if your "Priority Date" is in October, you will be put in line with other people with that priority date, which means yes you will follow a timeline more closely to October filers. 

Thank you.

ok, so we submitted it via regular mail, sent it in May and got the notice early June. About a week later it said it went to active review, but the Notice of Acceptance didn’t come til four months later, which is very confusing (attaching a couple of screen shots). Priority says June but NOA is from October🫠

IMG_7479.png

IMG_7480.png

IMG_7481.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mari S said:

IMG_7479.png

IMG_7480.png

Yeah it looks like they are processing it in June, so I think you are good expecting similar timelines as other June filers. 

Engaged: 2016-11-07

K-1 Visa Process
I-129F NOA1: 2016-12-05
I-129F NOA2: 2017-05-05
Interview Date: 2017-07-14 (Approved!)  

Married: 2017-08-08

AOS Process

I-485/I-131/I-765 NOA 1 : 2017-08-26

AOS Interview: 2017-12-08 (recommended for approval) 

Received Two Year Green Card: 2017-12-16

Moved back to Chile: 2019-09-01 

Abandoned Green Card: 2020-08-17 

IR-1 Visa Process

I-130 Filed Electronically and Online Reciept Notice: 2023-06-04 

NOA1 Recieved in Mail (with recieved date as 06-04-2023): 2023-06-10

Timeline
11 hours ago, esme2604 said:

I'm a June 2023 filer. I've been on "your case is taking longer"  and I uploaded some pictures and updated passport 2 days ago and now it says case should take 5 months.. I was hoping I would hear great news next month. :(

From my understanding that number means nothing. My process went from 5 months to 4, 3, 2 (always in more or less six week intervals), then to 5 weeks. From there it updated to 5 months, 4, back up to 5 and now 6 months. I saw an article explaining how they come up with those numbers and I’ll try to find it for you, but bottom line is many people have experienced arbitrary changes on their countdown that didn’t reflect on how fast their i130 got processed. Try not to look at that tab when you log in, just go to the documents one and see if they put your approval on there. And don’t give up hope, be kind to yourself, hug animals of your preference for serotonin and drink lots of water. Looking at that number will do you no good, it’ll just pile anxiety and stress you for no good reason. I knew because I keep torturing myself the same way but since it went to 6 months here last week I stopped looking at that number and I’ve been despairing a bit less :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.