dnhk

Withdrew N400 at advice of officer but want to reapply -- any issues?

50 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Redro said:

I'm sure when you say you got your 10 year GC before the 2 year expired you mean before the extension letter expired?

2 year GC would have expired November 2018. But, you posted in 2019 you were still waiting for your 10 year GC.... 

Did you receive 10 year GC with or without interview?

And had you filed for divorce before you received the 10 year GC?

I know you said you divorced in 2020... but there are 12 months in the year... and depending on the state a divorce can take a year or so before it can be finalized... 

I ask questions because I am trying to help you figure these things out and prepare you for the questions a lawyer will ask when you consult with them... 

But, the easiest solution is to get your A-File so you see what USCIS sees... 

I received 10 year GC without interview.

My Wife filed the divorce after 7 month of receive the GC. 

2 hours ago, dnhk said:

I received 10 year GC without interview.

My Wife filed the divorce after 7 month of receive the GC. 

That’s a red flag, and could be why they’re questioning things.   Do you know if your ex-wife has married and petitions others since your divorce?

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Withdrew N400 at advice of officer but want to reapply -- any issues?
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 6/7/2023 at 5:50 AM, dnhk said:

1) I married at the Jan 2016
2) I don't remember.
3)I receive my 2 year GC on November 2016
4)I receive my 2 year GC on november 2016 and my 10 year Gc before the 2 year expired (I don't remember the date)
5) I apply N400 on November 2022
6) I don't remember , I got 10 Year before the 2 year expired
7) I divorced on 2020
8)I apply N400 on November 2022

1)I finish studying and get  bachelor degree on 2017
2)I attended and finished the university
3) F1 is still valid
4) & 5) I married at early 2016 until 2020

@dnhk it seems you just were not fully prepared in my opinion not to mention based on some of your responses, seems your english is still not fully polished as well these with accumulation of a lot of "I don't remember" and your mere presence in the United States was to study meaning improve polish your english since that is the native language may have just irritated the officer. Remember many times when these officers are just not having a good day their easy out is recommend you withdraw and if you agree that is one less file they will worry about. 

My biggest issue are certain key information you do not remember, as an immigrant and i believe many people on here will agree with me are we depend on accurate dates and information memorized whiles still at the mercy of greencards that is no brainer. You may want to do some more due diligence in understanding ur entire history and dates. I know you are seeking legal assistance, but an attorney will not answer some of these questions for you, so even retaining one with you not prepared or not knowing basic simple question will lead you to the same path. I recommend listening to some of the members, getting your A file and going through your entire history from when you applied for F1 all the way down to current. You actually are lucky they asked basic simple questions, many have been asked much more headscratching questions.

Best of Luck

i dont think - i dont remember answers will fit well with officers. there is absolutely no away you can forget things that happened in the last 10 years if they were true incidents.   i suspect they found red flags on file 

when they reviewed his entire history during n-400 filing 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.