11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

USCIS IS COMPLETELY SCREWING WITH ME !!

Both for AOS and AP..

On 14th July I received an RFE for the AP for further evidence..

On 16th July I received an email thanking me for sending in the further evidence (i hadn't even got the mail yet about the one on the 14th, just the email notification - so I hadn't even sent anything back to them - go figure!!)

In the meantime, I get the RFE letter, they want to see the evidence that I'd filed for AOS - i sent that in last week.

NOW TODAY.. ANOTHER RFE email asking for additional evidence again..(i bet they haven't even entered the package I sent last week into their stupid system)

** THEY ARE DRIVING ME MAD...***

AS FOR AOS:

The AOS case status online hasn't been updated since the 12th June (when I first applied), despite getting an RFE for W2's a couple of weeks ago , again which i sent last week.. i've also had biometrics done, and i still have a status of 'reject' until we receive additional evidence.. I HAVE SENT ALREADY!

This whole thing is absurd, and i really don't think anyone knows what they are doing down there at USCIS..and calling them for clarification is completely pointless because the operators don't know anything either..

I really don't care how long it takes to get my AOS.. but my AP.. I want to travel back to England for my sisters birthday in November, AND i have just found out i have a baby cooking in the oven, so if I can't travel in November, then I WILL BE DEVASTED as its my only chance before i get too big to travel...

Sorry for the rant, but I'm so angry and frustrated with this..I never had any trouble filing with the KI up until this point and its making me distressed now..

Has anyone else been screwed over like this and do you have any advice?? Is it worth scheduling anything with INFOPASS to try and get this mess sorted out?

Filed: Timeline

Both for AOS and AP..

On 14th July I received an RFE for the AP for further evidence..

On 16th July I received an email thanking me for sending in the further evidence (i hadn't even got the mail yet about the one on the 14th, just the email notification - so I hadn't even sent anything back to them - go figure!!)

In the meantime, I get the RFE letter, they want to see the evidence that I'd filed for AOS - i sent that in last week.

NOW TODAY.. ANOTHER RFE email asking for additional evidence again..(i bet they haven't even entered the package I sent last week into their stupid system)

** THEY ARE DRIVING ME MAD...***

AS FOR AOS:

The AOS case status online hasn't been updated since the 12th June (when I first applied), despite getting an RFE for W2's a couple of weeks ago , again which i sent last week.. i've also had biometrics done, and i still have a status of 'reject' until we receive additional evidence.. I HAVE SENT ALREADY!

This whole thing is absurd, and i really don't think anyone knows what they are doing down there at USCIS..and calling them for clarification is completely pointless because the operators don't know anything either..

I really don't care how long it takes to get my AOS.. but my AP.. I want to travel back to England for my sisters birthday in November, AND i have just found out i have a baby cooking in the oven, so if I can't travel in November, then I WILL BE DEVASTED as its my only chance before i get too big to travel...

Sorry for the rant, but I'm so angry and frustrated with this..I never had any trouble filing with the KI up until this point and its making me distressed now..

Has anyone else been screwed over like this and do you have any advice?? Is it worth scheduling anything with INFOPASS to try and get this mess sorted out?

Sorry about the muckups!

Definitely try infopass.

PS: COngrats on the baby!

Timeline

Thank you!!

I had a look online at Infopass, and the nearest office is 2 hours away and i only had my biometrics this week, so will leave it a few weeks before i schedule another trip down there.. grrr

Other than infopass, is there anyway to get hold of anyone that can actually help?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Thank you!!

I had a look online at Infopass, and the nearest office is 2 hours away and i only had my biometrics this week, so will leave it a few weeks before i schedule another trip down there.. grrr

Other than infopass, is there anyway to get hold of anyone that can actually help?

I'd try to call the Service Line and ask to submit a staus inquiry...that's what I did and got to talk to an IO. Maybe that can be an option for you?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Call the info line and follow the options for change of address.... you actually get to speak to someone about your case and they don't seem to be aware that you got them through the changing address option.

K1 Application

23 Feb 2006 - I-129 mailed

14 August 2006 - Approved!!!! :-)

21 October 2006 - Married in the mountains of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Application

6 November 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD and AP

09 Decemeber 2006 - e-mail received to say case was trasferred to California

16 December 2006- biometric appointment in Charlotte, NC

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

28 June -Green card ordered

7 July wedding celebrations in Scotland

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

You are not alone- trust me. Congratulations on the baby. I understand about wanting to see your family. I've been waiting 2 1/2 years to see my mum and eldest son. I can't go anywhere since being put in removal proceedings and even when they are terminated soon I still can't travel until I have the Green Card.

Congrats again !!!!

Shona

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The IO at my infopass appointment said to request for a "service request" if you HAVE to call USCIS. He said they're only CS and are trained to say "wait 30 days" and/or "wait 60 days".

Good luck.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

First of all, sorry to hear you are having problems. :luv:

Congrats on the baby...hope you have a safe and healthy pregancy. :dance:

In my experience, ranting usually gets results...see the april filers thread. You might try a few more emoticons in your next rant. :devil:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

Thanks Everyone. Your comments really spurred me to try the USCIS office again. I was extremely polite on the phone and explained the mess of my case.

Well the first operator couldn't see what was going on, so escalated my call and I have to say that I was (thank God) put through to the nicest man ever.

He spend quite a while investigating, and then realised that my alien number for my AP was NOT the same as my AOS.. A typo on their part (one number different) that meant that they could not match up my AOS + AP - hence the continued RFE's..

So.. he filed a service request for me over the phone to get the Alien number corrected on the AP to match the AOS, and told me to hold fire for 30-40 days while they get everything updated. Thank god, as i would have continued to get RFE after RFE and it would have been too late to travel. So thanks again everyone! I wish i had this guy's extension number, i would certainly share it for those having problems with this process. He also informed me that despite my stauts not being updated online, that they had received my RFE and my biometics for the AOS on the 23rd, so we'll have to see what happens next.

Thanks for all the congrats, and I sympathise with everyone not getting results.. wow 2.5 years is unbelievable. I would be tearing my hair out. Shona why did you get removal proceedings ?

I'm so glad that I didn't sit and wait this out - thanks for the encouragement to get in touch (again). I guess sitting quiet doesn't work !!

Edited by PCKAA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.