Pearlcity

208 total days outside the US

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

From Jan 2022 to Jan 2023.., finished 208 days total outside the US in 2 seperate trips each lasting less than 180 days ( 43 days first time and 165 days the second trip due to mom suffereing from cancer and lives alone ). About to apply for naturalisation in December based on 4 year 9 months rule of GC. Have to make another short 10 day trip to check on mom's health/ cancer status. Will it make me ineligible for applying for naturalisation since it will add 10 more days to my already exceeded timeline outside the US?  Any guidance will be truely appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

@Mike Eis an expert at days calculation 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Pearlcity said:

Will it make me ineligible for applying for naturalisation

no

since it will add 10 more days to my already exceeded timeline outside the US?

Huh?

You need (5 * 365 + 2) / 2 =  914 days of physical presence in the U.S. in the past 5 years or since “resident since”, which ever is more recent.

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

no

Huh?

You need (5 * 365 + 2) / 2 =  914 days of physical presence in the U.S. in the past 5 years or since “resident since”, which ever is more recent.

Thanks

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mike E said:

no

Huh?

Thankyou Mike, i contacted so many immigration attorneys to ask my question but they all want 200$ to take my phone call... another question.. any idea if the  CBP Let me in at the port of entry since my return has been less than 4 months ago ? And im applying on 5 year rule

Edited by Pearlcity

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pearlcity said:

CBP Let me in at the port of entry

Legally it has to let you in on ports of entry on U.S. soil

Timeline
On 5/19/2023 at 10:11 PM, Pearlcity said:

Appreciate your quick response 👍

On 5/19/2023 at 10:08 PM, Mike E said:

On 5/19/2023 at 10:08 PM, Mike E said:

Hey Mike..  just read on another post and appreciate your knowledge on Best POE's  however  Im flying out of Miami for the 10 days trip and they always stop me for second questioning...just to be sure wanna know about how is Miami CBP... any suggestions ? Would be greatly appreciated as its giving me anxiety.. had bad experience in the past dealing with very intimidating CBP at Tacoma WA airport.... 

Timeline

I’ve never had a bad experience with Miami CBP,  whether as an F-1 student, LPR, or citizen. I cannot say I have ever encountered CBP at SeaTac because all my international flights to that airport originate in Canada where CBP has pre-clearance.

1. What questions do you get asked in secondary?

2. How did you get your gc?

3. Have you applied for Global Entry?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’ve never had a bad experience with Miami CBP,  whether as an F-1 student, LPR, or citizen. I cannot say I have ever encountered CBP at SeaTac because all my international flights to that airport originate in Canada where CBP has pre-clearance.

1. What questions do you get asked in secondary?

2. How did you get your gc?

3. Have you applied for Global Entry?

They generally are not so intimidating at second questioning with my GC but Tacoma WA CBP in my opinion is very intimidating , never had any problem at EWR, JFK, MCO or even preclearance at Abu Dhabi ( Abu Dhabi was the best by far ). My GC was marriage based but due to some issues im gonna apply for naturalisation the 5 year route and will finish that by march 2023... Since my first and worst experience with CBP.., i generally get nervous to fly out of the US but this time around.., i have to tend to my very serious sick mom who is suffering from blood cancer .. so even though i know that in 5 years i cant spend more than 180 days abroad if i want to naturalise.., i have to fly out but im gonna carry all her original prescriptions and test reports back with me just in case Miami CBP acts up.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pearlcity said:

They generally are not so intimidating at second questioning with my GC but Tacoma WA CBP in my opinion is very intimidating , never had any problem at EWR, JFK, MCO or even preclearance at Abu Dhabi ( Abu Dhabi was the best by far ). My GC was marriage based but due to some issues im gonna apply for naturalisation the 5 year route and will finish that by march 2023... Since my first and worst experience with CBP.., i generally get nervous to fly out of the US but this time around.., i have to tend to my very serious sick mom who is suffering from blood cancer .. so even though i know that in 5 years i cant spend more than 180 days abroad if i want to naturalise.., i have to fly out but im gonna carry all her original prescriptions and test reports back with me just in case Miami CBP acts up.. 

and i dont know what global entry is.. can you please elaborate a bit on that

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pearlcity said:

My GC was marriage based

Did you adjust status or get an immigration visa?

3 minutes ago, Pearlcity said:

and i dont know what global entry is.. can you please elaborate a bit on that

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Oh wow.. thats good to know but i will apply for naturalisation in 6 months.. but its good to know that theres something like global entry.. thanks a lot.  Also thankyou for sharing about Miami CBP. Appreciate that.

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Adjust status not immigration visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.