8 posts in this topic

Hello,

My husband is in the process of adjusting his status (K1 visa) and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions. We are filing I-485, I-864, I-131, and I-765 and was wondering what documents need to accompany each application. Also, is there just one filing fee since we are filing all documents at the same time or does each application have a fee (I know the I-864 and I-765 does not have a fee). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Fee depends on if you got married within or outside the 90 days.

Guides with examples of documents is at the top right. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

10 hours ago, Glenda and Tony said:

we were married within the 90 days

See the guide for list of documents

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/adjustment-of-status-k1-k3-visas/

Your total fee is still 1225 unless you are 79 or over.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

4 hours ago, J 12 K said:

Provide enough evidence of your marriage. Bank statements, phone bill photos etc.  No interviewed needed 🙏🏻We were approved.  

Thank you so much!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
18 hours ago, J 12 K said:

Provide enough evidence of your marriage. Bank statements, phone bill photos etc.  No interviewed needed 🙏🏻We were approved.  

To clarify, this is not a requirement of the I-485 and does not clearly contribute to interviews being waved. The 'waiving interviews' was a COVID backlog clearing measure which seems to be winding down in certain field offices. Submitting extra is personal preference (and really a question of whether you want to delay sending off your AOS packet or not).

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.