Micam

NVC - Wrong Visa Class?

11 posts in this topic

Is this normal (ie and they condense both CR1/IR1 class into just 'IR1' for simplicity) or have they mixed this up? I should be CR1, as we have been married less than 2 years.

If this is an error, how do I fix this? Just call them up?

image.png.c3e2302df87ef3c4d9e7b6f40d38805f.png

We have been married less than 2 years and mine says CR-1 at NVC.

As you've probably got 2 months or so before your interview (London Consulate is smashing these out at the moment) would it bring you up to the 2 year mark before your interview? 

12 minutes ago, LaJumpa said:

We have been married less than 2 years and mine says CR-1 at NVC.

As you've probably got 2 months or so before your interview (London Consulate is smashing these out at the moment) would it bring you up to the 2 year mark before your interview? 

Thanks for clarifying that it's definitely a mistake!

No we got married last year so we're definitely not close to IR1. Hopefully this can be fixed quickly! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would not worry about this too much at the NVC stage.  IR1s and CR1s are treated the same at this point.  You can discuss this with the CO at the interview, and I expect your visa will actually be issued as a CR1.  

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I would not worry about this too much at the NVC stage.  IR1s and CR1s are treated the same at this point.  You can discuss this with the CO at the interview, and I expect your visa will actually be issued as a CR1.  

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info! I know I have just heard horror stories of people being assigned the wrong visa class on their green card, and then waiting longer to get it fixed. I have actually sent NVC a public enquiry regarding this so hopefully it'll be easy to fix at this stage!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Micam said:

Thanks for the info! I know I have just heard horror stories of people being assigned the wrong visa class on their green card, and then waiting longer to get it fixed. I have actually sent NVC a public enquiry regarding this so hopefully it'll be easy to fix at this stage!

Let us know what happens.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Micam said:

Ours says CR1 also.

Have your fees successfully processed yet?  We had a rejection on the IV fee but repaid that (It didn't come out of the account).  Waiting for the forms to open up.

On 5/11/2023 at 4:56 PM, MarmiteC said:

Ours says CR1 also.

Have your fees successfully processed yet?  We had a rejection on the IV fee but repaid that (It didn't come out of the account).  Waiting for the forms to open up.

Yes! Must have gone through yesterday. Took a couple of days to process, though. 

On 5/11/2023 at 11:56 AM, Dashinka said:

Let us know what happens.  

They got back to me and basically ignored my question..  I just got a generic response back saying that I haven't uploaded all of the documents and "Once you have submitted all of the applicable items above, we will review them and let you know if anything is missing, or if any other action is required." 

I can't tell if they have completely ignored my query or they're suggesting it will change automatically once they review the information? 

• 3 months later...

Just in case anyone in the future has this problem and sees this thread - I had my interview yesterday and I had (stupidly) forgotten all about this. The person who collected my documents actually brought it up and clarified how long we had been married. He changed it there and then, and now I can see it has changed to CR1 on my CEAC page :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.