Joseph V

No appointments, are we screwed?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Long story short, we finally manage to get the visa fee paid this weekend.
We are currently trying to get an interview appointment for first week of June, as well to schedule the medical for next week, but Ustraveldocs is showing not available appointments.

We were trying to get everything done from May 15 to June 20.

Is there any specific day/time i must check the UStraveldocs website to get an appointment, or is it completely random?

Edited by Joseph V

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Joseph V said:

Long story short, we finally manage to get the visa fee paid this weekend.
We are currently trying to get an interview appointment for first week of June, as well to schedule the medical for next week, but Ustraveldocs is showing not available appointments.

We were trying to get everything done from May 15 to June 20.

Is there any specific day/time i must check the UStraveldocs website to get an appointment, or is it completely random?

Our immigration attorney scheduled us 2 separate interviews in Manila a week out. We had to cancel the first one because it was in conflict with another appointment, but he got the 2nd appointment a week later. I don't know exactly how he managed to get appointments so easily, but he was emailing us the appointment times at 7pm (Arizona time) on Sunday, which would be 10am Monday morning in Manila. So I would suggest trying first thing Monday morning in the Philippines, seemed to work for our attorney.

Timeline
4 hours ago, MarJhi said:

Our immigration attorney scheduled us 2 separate interviews in Manila a week out. We had to cancel the first one because it was in conflict with another appointment, but he got the 2nd appointment a week later. I don't know exactly how he managed to get appointments so easily, but he was emailing us the appointment times at 7pm (Arizona time) on Sunday, which would be 10am Monday morning in Manila. So I would suggest trying first thing Monday morning in the Philippines, seemed to work for our attorney.

Ahh i see, ill keep trying in the morning then.

Where your appointments too apart from the date your lawyer got them?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Joseph V said:

Ahh i see, ill keep trying in the morning then.

Where your appointments too apart from the date your lawyer got them?

Not sure of the wording of your question.

On Sunday February 26th our attorney emailed us to tell us he got us an interview for March 9th. Unfortunately we had to have him cancel that interview because my fiance had her first day of her medical at St. Lukes and an appointment to pick up her NBI clearance that same day. He was able to reschedule the interview exactly 1 week later on March 16th.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, MarJhi said:

Not sure of the wording of your question.

On Sunday February 26th our attorney emailed us to tell us he got us an interview for March 9th. Unfortunately we had to have him cancel that interview because my fiance had her first day of her medical at St. Lukes and an appointment to pick up her NBI clearance that same day. He was able to reschedule the interview exactly 1 week later on March 16th.

Can you do the medical without having an appointment with the embassy schedule?

Timeline

Keep checking the USTravelDocs website to schedule your appointment. We scheduled our back in March and the current available slots were for June & July. There were occasional slots that opened up prior to that due to cancellations or reschedules, but you can't really count on getting those slots as there are tons of other people who are constantly watching the website to snag those earlier spots as well. I was lucky enough to be able to move us up from June to May. I imagine at this point the currently available slots will be in August to start with & you'll have to try to snag any openings that may or may not become available before then. There was at least one time that I checked on available appointments when the website indicated that no appointments were available, so I suggest you just keep checking until the embassy opens up additional slots for you to sign up for.

I'm not sure if the medical exam requires that you have an appointment already or not...in our case we signed up for the first available appointment as soon as we paid our MRV fee. And then we scheduled our medical exam for as soon as possible thereafter to allow us to take advantage of any potential openings that might have come before our initial appointment time.

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

Timeline

Finally just landed an appointment for the interview.
St Luke's appointment is already set for next Monday.
Woot Woot!!!!
Now question is

Gf interview appointment is 12 days of her schedule flight back to her overseas job.
Will that be enough time to get her passport with the visa ?

On 5/8/2023 at 5:44 PM, Kawika & Michelle said:

Keep checking the USTravelDocs website to schedule your appointment. We scheduled our back in March and the current available slots were for June & July. There were occasional slots that opened up prior to that due to cancellations or reschedules, but you can't really count on getting those slots as there are tons of other people who are constantly watching the website to snag those earlier spots as well. I was lucky enough to be able to move us up from June to May. I imagine at this point the currently available slots will be in August to start with & you'll have to try to snag any openings that may or may not become available before then. There was at least one time that I checked on available appointments when the website indicated that no appointments were available, so I suggest you just keep checking until the embassy opens up additional slots for you to sign up for.

I'm not sure if the medical exam requires that you have an appointment already or not...in our case we signed up for the first available appointment as soon as we paid our MRV fee. And then we scheduled our medical exam for as soon as possible thereafter to allow us to take advantage of any potential openings that might have come before our initial appointment time.

13 hours ago, Joseph V said:

Finally just landed an appointment for the interview.
St Luke's appointment is already set for next Monday.
Woot Woot!!!!
Now question is

Gf interview appointment is 12 days of her schedule flight back to her overseas job.

Probably not

18 hours ago, Joseph V said:

I think @Kawika & Michelle just got their visa in 10 days.  12 days would hardly be guaranteed because there are just to many variables, but it is possible.  If she is staying in Manila, for absolute earliest possible pickup from LBC it's been recommended by some to have the passport sent for pickup at the Mall of Asia office (Pasay) since that would be LBC's most direct stop.

Also make sure she has CFO worked out.  If she is working overseas she may have already completed CFO for that, but they may want her to update it from PDOS to GPC now that she has a visa.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/15/2023 at 4:09 PM, top_secret said:

I think @Kawika & Michelle just got their visa in 10 days.  12 days would hardly be guaranteed because there are just to many variables, but it is possible.  If she is staying in Manila, for absolute earliest possible pickup from LBC it's been recommended by some to have the passport sent for pickup at the Mall of Asia office (Pasay) since that would be LBC's most direct stop.

Our interview was on May 4th...we went with premium delivery to her home in the province of Cebu (near Toledo City). It never made it there so she had to arrange with LBC to hold the passport package at the Cebu office on the morning of her flight (12th). When she got there, they had no idea where the package was (despite her calling the day before & having them put it aside). Luckily they were able to find it in time for her to make it to the airport to make it for her flight at noon that day.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:09 PM, top_secret said:

Also make sure she has CFO worked out.  If she is working overseas she may have already completed CFO for that, but they may want her to update it from PDOS to GPC now that she has a visa.

As far as I understand it, the CFO is specific to the country AND the individual the person is going to see. We had to go through the CFO process back in 2020-2021 prior to our initial meeting in Costa Rica. The documents required is specific to your situation & the counselor you are assigned. It definitely needs to be completed before they will allow her to leave the country.

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Kawika & Michelle said:

Our interview was on May 4th...we went with premium delivery to her home in the province of Cebu (near Toledo City). It never made it there so she had to arrange with LBC to hold the passport package at the Cebu office on the morning of her flight (12th). When she got there, they had no idea where the package was (despite her calling the day before & having them put it aside). Luckily they were able to find it in time for her to make it to the airport to make it for her flight at noon that day.

As far as I understand it, the CFO is specific to the country AND the individual the person is going to see. We had to go through the CFO process back in 2020-2021 prior to our initial meeting in Costa Rica. The documents required is specific to your situation & the counselor you are assigned. It definitely needs to be completed before they will allow her to leave the country.

Those are great news. We already got the medical done, her police clearance and just waiting for Singapore police clearance, hopefully we get it on time.

I'm guessing is better if we get a more recent letter of intent of marriage to bring to the interview as well.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Joseph V said:

I'm guessing is better if we get a more recent letter of intent of marriage to bring to the interview as well.

Yes. I believe that is part of the guide they have here on the site. We re-did it in March (when I last visited) so I could sign it personally & give it to her in person to take to the interview. As noted, our interview ended up being in May. 

For the CFO...she will either need the paper certificate (which my fiancé had with her) or she will need to go to the local CFO office to get the sticker added to her visa. They supposedly updated the system on May 1st to forego the use of the sticker in favor of a digital certificate, but up through our departure from the Philippines, the immigration officers were still looking for the sticker or original paper certificate.

Kawika & Michelle

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

A sad update. 

2 days prior our interview,  we got an email saying that wven tho qe booked an interview,  we were not eligible for one, as is been over 4 months since the Approval date and that if we wish to continue we could send a letter stating why we didnt got the interview sooner.

14 hours ago, Joseph V said:

A sad update. 

2 days prior our interview,  we got an email saying that wven tho qe booked an interview,  we were not eligible for one, as is been over 4 months since the Approval date and that if we wish to continue we could send a letter stating why we didnt got the interview sooner.

Did you get this email unsolicited or did you make an inquiry?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.