aussiewench

Ankara Turkey Embassy, k-1 processing times? overall experience

100 posts in this topic

Below you will find the link to the old Ankara Turkey Embassy thread which has been archived. Please continue to post here in this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=21957

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey, everybody! My husband got his visa today! He called the embassy and asked if it was completed and they said, yes it was completed days ago but bc of the bad weather they could not send it out right away. So, he thought he would get it sometime this week. Well, 30 minutes later UPS was at his door with his visa! Thanks for everyone's encouragment and thoughtfulness throughout this difficult process and thanks for listening to be b!tch and complain, lol.

SOL

Married May 21, 2004 in Istanbul.

NVC Timeline (to make my signature smaller)

02/11/2005 I-130 APPROVED!!!

03/12/2005 NVC sent I-864 fee bill to me.

03/28/2005 Received NVC case number and I-864 bill.

03/29/2005 Husband in Turkey receives DS-3032

04/01/2005 Husband mails the DS-3032 via UPS.

04/02/2005 Sent fee bill overnight to NVC

04/15/2005 Received IV Visa bill.

04/16/2005 Overnighted IV Visa bill.

05/11/2005 Received I-864 packet.

05/16/2005 Faxed requests for tax return transcripts.

06/01/2005 Received tax returns from IRS.

06/02/2005 Received W-2's from IRS.

06/03/2005 Mailed I-864 packet with required documents.

06/06/2005 NVC received I-864 packet.

06/17/2005 Mailed DS-230 papers to husband.

06/24/2005 Called NVC, I-864 is complete

08/18/2005 NVC received biographic info from husband.

09/15/2005 NVC message, RFE (not enough passport pages copied and sent)

09/30/2005 NVC receives RFE, entered in system.

11/01/2005 CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!

11/08/2005 Case forwarded to Embassy

12/27/2005 INTERVIEW IN ANKARA!!!

12/27/2005 Was told to get a joint sponsor (total #######)

01/20/2006 Embassy received our joint sponsor packet.

01/30/2006 Visa arrived at my husband's house via UPS!!!!

02/03/2006 Husband comes home to Austin, Texas!!!

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

You speak of bad weather? What bad weather are you refering to? My fiance and I have been waiting for a month now to get the packet from the Embassy for our K1. I guess the same bad weather could have effected them sending this to us too? We're getting impatient! hehe

Timeline

Hi Greenmind

The bad weather that SOlcayto has been referring to is the snowstorm that hit most of Turkey.

:ot2:

Anyway as for your fiance's K-1 packet, I would called the Embassy to see if they already have it there and ask if your fiance can go there in person to pick it up or at least let them know that you are still waiting for your Packet.

Good Luck

Mina (F)

Hi SOlcayto

Congratulations on your husband getting his visa! :D

Hope you will soon be with your darling and hopefully he will be here to celebrate your first Valentine's Day together in the USA (L)

P.S. talk about those mama's boys, will they ever cut those apron strings! geez :rolleyes:

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey SOL,

Wonderful news! Congrats! :dancing:

~waterlily (F)

Hey, everybody! My husband got his visa today! He called the embassy and asked if it was completed and they said, yes it was completed days ago but bc of the bad weather they could not send it out right away. So, he thought he would get it sometime this week. Well, 30 minutes later UPS was at his door with his visa! Thanks for everyone's encouragment and thoughtfulness throughout this difficult process and thanks for listening to be b!tch and complain, lol.

SOL

Timeline
Hi Greenmind

The bad weather that SOlcayto has been referring to is the snowstorm that hit most of Turkey.

:ot2:

Anyway as for your fiance's K-1 packet, I would called the Embassy to see if they already have it there and ask if your fiance can go there in person to pick it up or at least let them know that you are still waiting for your Packet.

Good Luck

Mina (F)

Been trying to call for 2 weeks now. Sent 2 emails about 2 weeks ago, no reply. Whenever I call I get a busy signal or it just rings until I'm cut off. My fiance has been trying to... same thing. We try at all hours of the day. I think we're just going to send in our information and skip waiting for the packet since apparently the packet K1s get is just a print off of a web page we already have. I've called the number on the website. Does anyone know a different number to call?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband and I got the same thing with the phones. He called 2 minutes after noon, when they say they don't answer the phone, and he got somebody. He was shocked! lol. So, I suggest calling right when they say they stop answering, at noon (local time).

SOL

P.S. Mama's boys indeed. It's quite amazing. lol

Married May 21, 2004 in Istanbul.

NVC Timeline (to make my signature smaller)

02/11/2005 I-130 APPROVED!!!

03/12/2005 NVC sent I-864 fee bill to me.

03/28/2005 Received NVC case number and I-864 bill.

03/29/2005 Husband in Turkey receives DS-3032

04/01/2005 Husband mails the DS-3032 via UPS.

04/02/2005 Sent fee bill overnight to NVC

04/15/2005 Received IV Visa bill.

04/16/2005 Overnighted IV Visa bill.

05/11/2005 Received I-864 packet.

05/16/2005 Faxed requests for tax return transcripts.

06/01/2005 Received tax returns from IRS.

06/02/2005 Received W-2's from IRS.

06/03/2005 Mailed I-864 packet with required documents.

06/06/2005 NVC received I-864 packet.

06/17/2005 Mailed DS-230 papers to husband.

06/24/2005 Called NVC, I-864 is complete

08/18/2005 NVC received biographic info from husband.

09/15/2005 NVC message, RFE (not enough passport pages copied and sent)

09/30/2005 NVC receives RFE, entered in system.

11/01/2005 CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!

11/08/2005 Case forwarded to Embassy

12/27/2005 INTERVIEW IN ANKARA!!!

12/27/2005 Was told to get a joint sponsor (total #######)

01/20/2006 Embassy received our joint sponsor packet.

01/30/2006 Visa arrived at my husband's house via UPS!!!!

02/03/2006 Husband comes home to Austin, Texas!!!

Timeline

Congratulation SOlcayto

:dance::dance::dance:

Hey Mina....what have you been up to? Did you forget my email address :D

Please give my best regards to Coskan and let us know how things are going (F)

Hope everyone is doing Great. We are still waiting for AOS name check to come thru...

No news yet :whistle: Praying everything is ok..... :wacko:

Take care,

deBBie

Filed: Timeline

congratulations solcayto!!! :D

your husband is lucky to leave Turkey soon, such horrible weather!

10.21.2005: Sent I129F to VSC, DAY 1

10.31.2005: NOA 1 via snail mail, DAY 10

11.08.2005: NOA 2 via e-mail, DAY 18

11.16.2005: NVC sends it to the embassy, DAY 26

11.21.2005: The Embassy receives it, DAY 31

11.22.2005: The Embassy sends packet 3, DAY 32

12.03.2005: Received packet 3, DAY 43

12.10.2005: Sent packet 3, DAY 50

12.14.2005: Received packet 4, DAY 54

02.08.2006: Interview date, DAY 111. Got my visa!!!!

Timeline

Hi Debra :D

How are you and John doing? We are fine and sorry about not posting our current situation on VJ, but will try to do so soon.

So far Coskun has received his EAD card last Dec and we had recently received his AOS interview appointment for March 23, 2006, so we better get busy and start to prepare all of our documents and evidence :star:

Well got to run off now and wish everyone here much luck in their visa process ^_^

Mina (F)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Timeline

Hey Mina,

Seems we don't have so much time to post any more...busy, busy, busy... I hope Coskuns interview goes well and he gets his Green Card right away. I am not sure what happened to us. I am going to put in another call to the Congressmans Office. The person who helped us before said for me to get back to him February 1st if we hadn't heard anything on Candemirs name check (Thank God we have that option) Sooo, tomorrow I will give him a call and see if he cant find out if the name check is done or not. We had been touched 2 times after the interview but did not hear anything but the following in an email....I dont know, I am getting kinda worried I guess :(

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December 22, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Wishing everyone the Best (F)

Peace to All,

Debra

Timeline

Selams,

We received the following email :D Sooo It looks like Candemir was approved for his Green Card...

"Thank God"! We give so much thanks to the person in the Congressmans Office for soo much help and immediate results. :thumbs::dance::thumbs:

So the next step is to receive the "Welcome to the USA letter" then the green card will arrive.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 3, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Wishing everyone all the best!

Peace to All (F)

Debra

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats Debra&John! Phew! It's about time.

and, thanks.

SOlcayto: if you're out there...we want to hear about your hubby's homecoming! :yes:

~waterlily (F)

Candemir received his "Welcome to the United States" letter yesterday in the mail

:dance::dance::dance: "Thank God"

(F) Congratulations (F) awaterlily on your upcoming interview

:dance::dance::dance:

Wishing everyone ALL the best (F)

Peace to ALL.

deBBie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.