MamaBoyz

N-400 May 2023 Filers

295 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, johnnyRoe said:

I filed my application with the San Jose Field Office in early May, and my current case status is "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS." I'm curious if anyone else in the same boat?

Mine is the same. Also, I feel like because my biometrics was reused I'm in the back of the pile. I've noticed those that have a biometrics appointment made more progress and got notifications for an interview date. Maybe I'm over thinking this 🤷🏽‍♂️

6 hours ago, BMU9 said:

Mine is the same. Also, I feel like because my biometrics was reused I'm in the back of the pile. I've noticed those that have a biometrics appointment made more progress and got notifications for an interview date. Maybe I'm over thinking this 🤷🏽‍♂️

Remember, you're not alone in this journey. I am overthinking too, collecting every bit of information, which feels like a total waste of time. My biometrics appointment was scheduled about a month after I filed my N-400 online. The Emma agent told me that my case is still at NBC 😒

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/16/2023 at 7:10 AM, johnnyRoe said:

Remember, you're not alone in this journey. I am overthinking too, collecting every bit of information, which feels like a total waste of time. My biometrics appointment was scheduled about a month after I filed my N-400 online. The Emma agent told me that my case is still at NBC 😒

I filed my application May 23 in San Jose,CA. My status says case is being reviewed 😣.. I called USCIS about 1 week and a half and they said they have requested an interview appt to my field office but one is not available yet. Maybe  SJ field office is super busy 🤷‍♀️.. good luck to all and hopefully we get that interview appt soon !

Timeline
On 8/23/2023 at 2:50 PM, O2A said:

Hello everyone,

My status changed to ceremony will be scheduled.  It states that a letter will be sent to me within 30 days with a date and time for the oath ceremony. 

Here is my timeline: 

-5/3: submitted N400 online (3 year rule -same sex marriage)

-Biometrics waived 

-7/19: Interview at the Houston office - no instant approval, case needed to be reviewed 
-8/23: We recommend that your Form N-400 be approved. Ceremony will be scheduled (no date yet) 

Hi you received your ceremony appt ?

2 hours ago, Stardust0523 said:

I filed my application May 23 in San Jose,CA. My status says case is being reviewed 😣.. I called USCIS about 1 week and a half and they said they have requested an interview appt to my field office but one is not available yet. Maybe  SJ field office is super busy 🤷‍♀️.. good luck to all and hopefully we get that interview appt soon !

Hi, how can you speak to someone at USCIS?  Especially those that would specifically refer to your case?  I'd love to do it if that is an option.  

2 hours ago, Stardust0523 said:

My application was filed 10 days ahead of yours, and today I received a status update indicating that the interview is scheduled for the end of October. I hope you will get your appointment really soon, and just need a bit of patience.

Timeline
10 hours ago, BMU9 said:

Hi, how can you speak to someone at USCIS?  Especially those that would specifically refer to your case?  I'd love to do it if that is an option.  

Hi- dial USCIS # 1 (800) 375-5283 and follow the prompt to make changes to your case . The officer on the line will not know what you are calling about and just ask if your case is in the queue for an appointment or whatever else you need to ask . Good luck ! 

9 hours ago, johnnyRoe said:

My application was filed 10 days ahead of yours, and today I received a status update indicating that the interview is scheduled for the end of October. I hope you will get your appointment really soon, and just need a bit of patience.

There is hope 😊. Thanks for sharing .

Timeline
23 hours ago, Stardust0523 said:

Hi- dial USCIS # 1 (800) 375-5283 and follow the prompt to make changes to your case . The officer on the line will not know what you are calling about and just ask if your case is in the queue for an appointment or whatever else you need to ask . Good luck ! 

There is hope 😊. Thanks for sharing .

My interview was scheduled today for the end of October ! Yayyy . 

Edited by Stardust0523

Timeline
13 hours ago, BMU9 said:

that's so great congrats!!!

Thank you !

4 hours ago, kolikos said:

Congrats on the wonderful news!

Thank you ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.