HurtRN

NVC scheduled Costa Rican embassy interview appt but...

19 posts in this topic

So after the NVC sent our date for interview at the Costa Rican embassy in San jose, June 26, it sent me to the "next steps".  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SNJ-San-Jose.html 

This is to register your appt and let cargo express know where to return the passport with visa post interview. So i click the register link https://www.ustraveldocs.com/cr/

I login and go thru the steps it shows and enter the info for returning the passport and it says the basically process complete please print... - but, it never asks about registering the appointment and on the dashboard says "no appointment scheduled". So confused - especially because the website continuously logged me out randomly. 

Anyhow, has anyone else experienced this?! I did contact them but I'm.not sure how long it takes for a response... 

Maybe the appointment date just not loaded up in their system yet you think?  I hear all the countries are different on this particular process. But any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks all!!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So after the NVC sent our date for interview at the Costa Rican embassy in San jose, June 26, 

That is your appointment date scheduled by NVC and the embassy

55 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

So after the NVC sent our date for interview at the Costa Rican embassy in San jose, June 26, 

That is your appointment date scheduled by NVC and the embassy

Right. So I don't need to worry about it saying to register your appointment? It's just means so they know where to return your documents to?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
52 minutes ago, HurtRN said:

Right. So I don't need to worry about it saying to register your appointment? It's just means so they know where to return your documents to?

yes,,  good luck 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 7:09 AM, RobertoG said:

Hi, I think my husband and I are on the same path as you HurtRN. We are in Costa Rica, have approved I-130 and documents approved by NVC. We are currently waiting for our interview date at the US Embassy in CR. Can you tell us how long it took to get the interview date after your document were approved by the NVC?

Hey there!  We were approved on April 19th and they sent the appt date via email on April 24th. The interview is for June 26th. Weird thing I was not expecting….is that about 1.5 weeks ago they sent another email with a “pre-interview” interview for May 30th and said to bring all original documents to that appointment.  Which this is before his scheduled medical appointments but, they say that’s okay. I had not heard of anyone else going thru our Costa Rican embassy having a pre interview. 

keep in touch on how your process goes!  Pura vida!

On 5/24/2023 at 1:21 PM, HurtRN said:

Hey there!  We were approved on April 19th and they sent the appt date via email on April 24th. The interview is for June 26th. Weird thing I was not expecting….is that about 1.5 weeks ago they sent another email with a “pre-interview” interview for May 30th and said to bring all original documents to that appointment.  Which this is before his scheduled medical appointments but, they say that’s okay. I had not heard of anyone else going thru our Costa Rican embassy having a pre interview. 

Hey There! This has been very helpful. I just finished submitting my husband's documents to the NVC and I'm already stressing about how long before we get an appointment (we've been working on the process as a whole for almost 2 years ... I haven't been back to the States in 4 years and I'm ready to go!). Anyway, I see that you got an appointment about 2 months after you were approved — much better than I was thinking! My question is how long did it take the NVC to approve your paperwork after you submitted everything? 

On 5/24/2023 at 1:21 PM, HurtRN said:

We were approved May 16 but do not have an interview date yet. 
For your pre-interview is it just the applicant paperwork that needs to be presented, or also the petitioner? I’m just wondering about the need to present any original 1099s or W2s. I only have digital copies that I can print from here in CR. The rest are in the US.

Good luck with your pre-interview on Tuesday!

20 hours ago, RobertoG said:

We were approved May 16 but do not have an interview date yet. 
For your pre-interview is it just the applicant paperwork that needs to be presented, or also the petitioner? I’m just wondering about the need to present any original 1099s or W2s. I only have digital copies that I can print from here in CR. The rest are in the US.

Good luck with your pre-interview on Tuesday!

Thanks so much!  I just sent my husband the I-864 and my tax transcripts for him to print. It said they wanted that but was kind of weird because I had read they don’t require the beneficiary to present the financial sponsorship documents. I will let you know what they tell him Tuesday. Hopefully you get a date soon. 

22 hours ago, laura.williams.ms said:

Hey There! This has been very helpful. I just finished submitting my husband's documents to the NVC and I'm already stressing about how long before we get an appointment (we've been working on the process as a whole for almost 2 years ... I haven't been back to the States in 4 years and I'm ready to go!). Anyway, I see that you got an appointment about 2 months after you were approved — much better than I was thinking! My question is how long did it take the NVC to approve your paperwork after you submitted everything? 

The first time was 2 weeks but they rejected his birth certificate - so I just resubmitted it again (exact same one) and they approved that right at 2 weeks later too. So really it should not have taken 4 weeks since the birth certificate was correct to begin with. So hopefully only 2 weeks for you.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:18 AM, HurtRN said:

Thanks so much!  I just sent my husband the I-864 and my tax transcripts for him to print. It said they wanted that but was kind of weird because I had read they don’t require the beneficiary to present the financial sponsorship documents. I will let you know what they tell him Tuesday. Hopefully you get a date soon. 

Hi! How did it go for your husand with the pre-interview? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 7:47 PM, DMY12 said:

Hi All! My husband and I seem to be on a similar timeline as well. We finished submitting all documents to NVC on May 2nd and were approved on May 12th, but have not been received and interview date yet.  Hopefully soon! 

Did you receive your interview letter date now? If yes, when did you receive it? Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.