JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Saeid said:

As I found out most of people in Europe are in vacation!!

They pushed my fiance medical exam since they are closed until 21st 

Yeah it's classical, France basically stops working for the 3 first weeks of August. I guess it must also be one of the reasons I didn't get their receipt notification email yet. I thought about that too.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Everything now depends on the embassy. Your timeline is not filled but I am assuming it's Amsterdam looking at your posts? 
I only know one person that went through there. I know Amsterdam received the K1-FTP by mail as well (Italy too). But you already got it, so no worries. I am unsure about packet 3 but *most* embassies send out the P3 by email only.

When it comes to DS-160, you do need to inform your travel history to US in there. So you'll be missing one trip if you do travel after submitting it. I am really not sue if this will be an issue or not, I don't think so but maybe the consular officer may ask about it.
I think it all boils down to the fact that your embassy would let you or not schedule the interview before the packet 3. If they do allow you, then you'd be losing time if you waited on the packet 3 to arrive by email. Are you able to reach out to other people going through the same embassy to find out? I'll see if I can reach to the one I know.

For the DS 160, you can add your future trip on that if you know departure and return date. I did it while I was in the US and it works, with a future return date. If that can be of any help to anyone here 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, WestHighlander said:

Well, we made today's mail-shot.. After 20 months, it's finally heading for London. 🙂 My fiancee got the K1-FTP e-mail this morning. Here's hoping that goes to "ready" before too long.

Untitled10.jpg

Yes!!!! Was hoping you'd chime in with good news too! One step closer!!! 

46 minutes ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

It's actually the same as in Brazil ! They recommend waiting until they send you the receipt notification. I did end up booking because my wedding is end of October and I don't want to reschedule for the 3rd time in a row ...they actually just want to make sure they have your paper file there, and mine was sent on 2 August ... , I checked again with NVC. Hopefully we will get that email asap now !

Yay! This is awesome. I am glad you went ahead and did it. No one here does and it works just fine. I hope it all works out. Better to keep waiting and losing time. I think you have enough time if it's the end of October.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
2 hours ago, Snaaacks said:

Is it possible to start the DS-160 ahead of time (meaning, while you’re waiting for a case number)?… or is this dependent on your particular embassy?.. I see on the online DS-160 form, it allows you to save as you go. 
has anyone started their DS-16O before getting a case number?

Yes, you can. But you have 30 days to complete your application once you start – if you aren't finished/you haven't submitted in those 30 days, then you gotta start again. Just don't submit it until at least your case is in transit.
I have mine ready to go, filled it Friday, just waiting for my case to get to "Ready" status so I submit it and schedule my interview using the DS-160 application number.

You don't need the NVC case number, they only ask you for WAC number.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yes!!!! Was hoping you'd chime in with good news too! One step closer!!! 

Yay! This is awesome. I am glad you went ahead and did it. No one here does and it works just fine. I hope it all works out. Better to keep waiting and losing time. I think you have enough time if it's the end of October.

Thanks, it's end of September, so I think we should be good !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
On 8/14/2023 at 9:00 AM, FilledesEtoiles said:

So just for an update. NVC confirmed our case was shipped on 1 August, still no email from the embassy... my sense of humour is getting really sarcastic these days ... 

It is very annoying process, but what can we do. Hopefully you’ll get it soon 🙏

Hi guys,

While I’m waiting for my NVC Welcome letter can anyone tell me what are the required documents needed to be uploaded to CEAC account????? I want to start preparing my documents now. So I don’t waist any time on uploading and waiting for some documents being translated or notarized?????

Please advise???? Thank you 🙏 

Embassy in Armenian!!! If I need anything specific for them please let me know. 
😀😀😀😀😀😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
25 minutes ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

Some people never get it ... we never did ... but they confirmed it was sent by replying to an inquiry

We ended up receiving the email at the end of the working day fortunately!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi guys,

While I’m waiting for my NVC Welcome letter can anyone tell me what are the required documents needed to be uploaded to CEAC account????? I want to start preparing my documents now. So I don’t waist any time on uploading and waiting for some documents being translated or notarized?????

😀😀😀😀😀😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kaan said:

Hi guys,

While I’m waiting for my NVC Welcome letter can anyone tell me what are the required documents needed to be uploaded to CEAC account????? I want to start preparing my documents now. So I don’t waist any time on uploading and waiting for some documents being translated or notarized?????

😀😀😀😀😀😀

I don't know about specific requirements in Armenia, but the only document you file and upload online is the DS-160. The rest of the documents are to be brought to the interview! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, AnnaDT said:

Just checked the CEAC status and our case is now "Ready"!

Congratulations, same here!! Just scheduled my interview and biometrics. One step closer!

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Visa Status Check changed to Ready for Paris - "Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section."  Even though the beneficiary hasn't received anything yet from the consular (packet 3, etc.), we went ahead and scheduled the first interview available which is the end of October.  The scheduling site then let us pay the MRV fee.  Beneficiary should receive her letters by then.. we are scheduling the medical appointment now and have all the paperwork we need ready to go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.