zahraa

Questions please

5 posts in this topic

Hello, can you answer my questions please.

The case is an Ir1 visa category, the petitioner is the wife is a USC a women with special needs,  she receives section 8 assistance, the question is does she need to mention that in the NVC stage? If yes and she has not mentioned it and her husband already received his interview appointment what do they have to do now? (they have a joint sponsor).
2- If the husband gets his visa is he allowed to live with his wife in section 8 housing while paying his rent portion or what he has to do? Because as I mentioned earlier that the wife is a person with a special needs so she can't give up this type of assistance.

Thank you for your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Interesting.

The husband cannot apply for and receive public benefits.  That is all that US immigration will care about. 

The ability to live with his wife in section 8 housing while contributing his portion is more to do with the city's  or state's housing program.

1 hour ago, zahraa said:

Hello, can you answer my questions please.

The case is an Ir1 visa category, the petitioner is the wife is a USC a women with special needs,  she receives section 8 assistance, the question is does she need to mention that in the NVC stage? If yes and she has not mentioned it and her husband already received his interview appointment what do they have to do now? (they have a joint sponsor).
2- If the husband gets his visa is he allowed to live with his wife in section 8 housing while paying his rent portion or what he has to do? Because as I mentioned earlier that the wife is a person with a special needs so she can't give up this type of assistance.

Thank you for your help.

You might find this helpful… 

https://www.latinopolicyforum.org/publications/fact-sheets/document/Forum_Housing-PublicCharge-2.pdf

i believe this applies to Illinois so maybe google Section 8 housing and the city you are moving to… 

Edited by ROK2USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.