Kawika & Michelle

CFO Requirements for K1 Fiance VISA

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, ultrasoul said:

@RO_AH My brother in law just completed the CFO seminar but now they want him to pay 30 php + 90-200 php shipping for the sticker even though the email cert with QR code should be free.

Am I missing something here?

When does he need the sticker? In a couple of weeks (May 1st), they do away with the sticker system in favor of a digital certificate.

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

6 hours ago, ultrasoul said:

@RO_AH My brother in law just completed the CFO seminar but now they want him to pay 30 php + 90-200 php shipping for the sticker even though the email cert with QR code should be free.

Am I missing something here?

We didn't need to do that, but things may have changed.

Timeline
11 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Have you tried scanning the code? It's just the number underneath the QR. If they scan the code it would only say that it matches the number on the certificate.

Does BI verify the certificate ID to make sure it is not fake? Given the excellent forgers there and that it would be so trivial to just edit the name, I wonder how BI caught the ones with the fake certificate?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, W199 said:

Does BI verify the certificate ID to make sure it is not fake? Given the excellent forgers there and that it would be so trivial to just edit the name, I wonder how BI caught the ones with the fake certificate?

One can only assume that they scan the QR code and verify the certificate in hand against what is in the system. Whether or not every person does their job diligently is another question. 

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

Timeline
8 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

We didn't need to do that, but things may have changed.

We just did the online GCP.  The only way to get the free emailed "temporary" certificate was to pay $8 fee for them to mail us a hardcopy.  The hardcopy is useless since they are backlogged and it takes 3-12 months to actually receive it. The CFO said they know this and is doing away with the hardcopy version soon.  But since the seminar and couseling was totally free, this seems quite reasonable. Most of this is the courier fee. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kawika said:

One can only assume that they scan the QR code and verify the certificate in hand against what is in the system. Whether or not every person does their job diligently is another question. 

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too,  which is why its probably prudent to do the CFO "amendent" online once we get the K-1 visa,. Our ceritifcate right now is just registered for a tourst visa to Canada. 

27 minutes ago, W199 said:

Because some are not so excellent. 🤣 The QR code is just the certificate number which is listed below it. Not much of a security measure if you ask me. But this is the Philippines. I don't recall them even scanning my wife's. There are people that generate a lot more scrutiny than others. Young females for example. Us being a husband and with with 2 toddlers did not draw any concern.

1 hour ago, W199 said:

We just did the online GCP.  The only way to get the free emailed "temporary" certificate was to pay $8 fee for them to mail us a hardcopy.  The hardcopy is useless since they are backlogged and it takes 3-12 months to actually receive it. The CFO said they know this and is doing away with the hardcopy version soon.  But since the seminar and couseling was totally free, this seems quite reasonable. Most of this is the courier fee. 

We may have even paid for the delivery now that I think about it. It showed up at my wife's house about 9 months after we arrived in USA. The temp is all you need.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
19 hours ago, W199 said:

Correct that seems to be the current way right now - you need to pay for 120php++ delivery or 30php pickup of the sticker but the second pickup option is not possible since there isn't any stickers in stock lol.

We will be emailing and sending a DM to the CFO FB account to see if they can just generate the digital certificate using the PDOS completion registration number without any payment. 

If not- we'll just email them back on May 1 since flights are in June anyway.

Edited by ultrasoul

I-130 JOURNEY FOR 2020 Minor Child of LPR (F2A Online Application, MNL Consular Processing)

07/29/20 Online Filing for I-130, Same day Priority date 
07/31/20 Paper NOA1 mailed by USCIS, received on 08/03/20

07/31/20, 08/15/20, 09/01,20 Expedite Requests denied three times (self-submission and congressman outreach)

09/28/20: I-130 Approved by USCIS, received mailed NOA2 on 10/01/20

10/01/20: NVC electronically receives I-130 petition from USCIS, generates NVC case & invoice number, paid all NVC fees same day

10/05/19: CEAC ready for document uploads

TBD: Waiting for NBI Police Clearance to complete all upload of NVC docs

I-130 JOURNEY FOR 2019 Parent of USC (IR-5 Paper Application, MNL Consular Processing)

01/18/19 NOA1 I-130 (Priority Date)

08/02/19 Called USCIS to expedite I-130 after 196 days pending,  emailed expedite evidence 08/06/1,  expedite approved 08/09/19

08/13/19: I-130 Approved by USCIS, USCIS sent petition file to NVC 08/29/19 

09/09/19: NVC receives I-130 petition from USCISgenerates case & invoice number on 10/03/19 (paid all NVC fees same day)

10/07/19: CEAC ready for document uploads (AOS and IV documents uploaded to CEAC same day)

11/25/19: NVC Case Complete, NVC emails interview schedules interview on 12/18/19 for 01/06/20

01/06/20: IR-5 Interview in Manila Philippines embassy (MNL); forgot original signed I-864 resulted in 221GUSEM receives original signed I-864 via 2GO courier on 02/04/20
3/4/20: Immigrant Visa Issued by USEM, 2GO carrier picked up passport from USEM 3/6/20 and delivers to residence on 3/10/20

6/10/20: US POE

6/13/20: SSN card mailed date by SSA, delivered to residence on 6/18/20

7/3/20: LPR Green Card ordered, Production on 7/24/20, Mailed by USCIS on 7/27/20, delivered to residence on 7/29/20

I-130/ I-485 JOURNEY FOR 2019 Parent of USC (IR-5 Paper Application)

01/18/19: NOA1 Received I-130 (priority date, was not concurrently filed with I-485 as we were not sure if we were going to CP or AOS)

06/19/19: USPS receives I-485 package to lockbox (priority date); 06/24/19: Credit card charged ,  USCIS mails out NOA1 06/25/19 with receipt numbers (assigned to MSC National Benefits center),  Received NOA1 from USPS (07/02/19:)

07/05/19:  USCIS mailsout biometrics appointment notice with appointment date for 07/24/19, Received biometrics notice letter from USPS 07/11/19
07/12/19: Walk-in biometrics completed

07/18/19: Called USCIS to expedite EADReceived mailed USCIS instructions on where to fax expedite evidence from USPS 07/26/19 Faxed requested evidence for EAD expedite  07/27/19
07/31/19: USCIS approves EAD I-765 and Advanced Parole I-131, USCIS mails out combo EAD/ AP card 08/02/19, Received combo EAD/ AP card via USPS Priority Mail 08/07/19

08/08/19: I-485 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
08/26/19: I-130 Approved (NOA2) by USCIS

12/10/19: FO sends out I-485 interview appointment details for 01/28/20 interview date 

02/06/20: I-485 case approved and NOA2 mailed
02/05/20: Green card ordered, Production and mailed 02/10/20, delivered to residence on 
02/12/20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

@W199 Can I ask once you made that payment was a temporary email digital certificate emailed to you? I'm wondering what's stopping someone from choosing the 30php pickup option for sometime in the future and not actually going to retrieve that sticker if the email digital cert is auto-emailed upon the 30 php payment? i.e. why bother choosing the more expensive delivery when it won't even be delivered until many months after you leave the country when payment of either option triggers the email digital certificate. thanks for sharing!

I-130 JOURNEY FOR 2020 Minor Child of LPR (F2A Online Application, MNL Consular Processing)

07/29/20 Online Filing for I-130, Same day Priority date 
07/31/20 Paper NOA1 mailed by USCIS, received on 08/03/20

07/31/20, 08/15/20, 09/01,20 Expedite Requests denied three times (self-submission and congressman outreach)

09/28/20: I-130 Approved by USCIS, received mailed NOA2 on 10/01/20

10/01/20: NVC electronically receives I-130 petition from USCIS, generates NVC case & invoice number, paid all NVC fees same day

10/05/19: CEAC ready for document uploads

TBD: Waiting for NBI Police Clearance to complete all upload of NVC docs

I-130 JOURNEY FOR 2019 Parent of USC (IR-5 Paper Application, MNL Consular Processing)

01/18/19 NOA1 I-130 (Priority Date)

08/02/19 Called USCIS to expedite I-130 after 196 days pending,  emailed expedite evidence 08/06/1,  expedite approved 08/09/19

08/13/19: I-130 Approved by USCIS, USCIS sent petition file to NVC 08/29/19 

09/09/19: NVC receives I-130 petition from USCISgenerates case & invoice number on 10/03/19 (paid all NVC fees same day)

10/07/19: CEAC ready for document uploads (AOS and IV documents uploaded to CEAC same day)

11/25/19: NVC Case Complete, NVC emails interview schedules interview on 12/18/19 for 01/06/20

01/06/20: IR-5 Interview in Manila Philippines embassy (MNL); forgot original signed I-864 resulted in 221GUSEM receives original signed I-864 via 2GO courier on 02/04/20
3/4/20: Immigrant Visa Issued by USEM, 2GO carrier picked up passport from USEM 3/6/20 and delivers to residence on 3/10/20

6/10/20: US POE

6/13/20: SSN card mailed date by SSA, delivered to residence on 6/18/20

7/3/20: LPR Green Card ordered, Production on 7/24/20, Mailed by USCIS on 7/27/20, delivered to residence on 7/29/20

I-130/ I-485 JOURNEY FOR 2019 Parent of USC (IR-5 Paper Application)

01/18/19: NOA1 Received I-130 (priority date, was not concurrently filed with I-485 as we were not sure if we were going to CP or AOS)

06/19/19: USPS receives I-485 package to lockbox (priority date); 06/24/19: Credit card charged ,  USCIS mails out NOA1 06/25/19 with receipt numbers (assigned to MSC National Benefits center),  Received NOA1 from USPS (07/02/19:)

07/05/19:  USCIS mailsout biometrics appointment notice with appointment date for 07/24/19, Received biometrics notice letter from USPS 07/11/19
07/12/19: Walk-in biometrics completed

07/18/19: Called USCIS to expedite EADReceived mailed USCIS instructions on where to fax expedite evidence from USPS 07/26/19 Faxed requested evidence for EAD expedite  07/27/19
07/31/19: USCIS approves EAD I-765 and Advanced Parole I-131, USCIS mails out combo EAD/ AP card 08/02/19, Received combo EAD/ AP card via USPS Priority Mail 08/07/19

08/08/19: I-485 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
08/26/19: I-130 Approved (NOA2) by USCIS

12/10/19: FO sends out I-485 interview appointment details for 01/28/20 interview date 

02/06/20: I-485 case approved and NOA2 mailed
02/05/20: Green card ordered, Production and mailed 02/10/20, delivered to residence on 
02/12/20

Timeline
1 hour ago, ultrasoul said:

@W199 Can I ask once you made that payment was a temporary email digital certificate emailed to you? I'm wondering what's stopping someone from choosing the 30php pickup option for sometime in the future and not actually going to retrieve that sticker if the email digital cert is auto-emailed upon the 30 php payment? i.e. why bother choosing the more expensive delivery when it won't even be delivered until many months after you leave the country when payment of either option triggers the email digital certificate. thanks for sharing!

You can choose to do the CFO GCP in-person or do it purly online with no face-to-face meeting  For the online option, there is only a delivery option for the certificate. Immediately after you pay the fee for that, they send an email ack with the digital certificiate in the email.

Whats the big deal, its only $8 and the CFO seminar and couseling was free. You don't even have to pay to travel to the CFO office. Its so insiginfificant, its not even wroth the time to make this message.  Plus, as we keep saying, they are doing away with this hardcopy requirement.  Its all changing very soon.  

Edited by W199

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/19/2023 at 2:23 AM, RO_AH said:

Have you tried scanning the code? It's just the number underneath the QR. If they scan the code it would only say that it matches the number on the certificate.

Actually, my fiancee just went through immigration yesterday. She handed her passport and CFO.  He scanned the CFO and then asked "Why is your CFO for Canada if your fiance is from the USA?".  She replied that we are waiting for the K1.  He said "oh, so you will be meeting in Canada while waiting."

So the scanning of the QR code provides them the details

Then he asked to see the receipt for the CFO!!! She gave him the paper receipt we printed out.  He said "no, he wants to see the EMAIL receipt" !!!!

Luckily she was able find it in her email.ile he 

If that was not enough, he he then left his immigration booth, with a very long line of other people waiting and went to some back office. 

After a while he came back and gave her back the passport and said "have a nice trip".    I wonder the things he was verifying back there, since he already has access to her passport and CFO data.  Maybe check her Canadian tourist visa or her round-trip ticket? Lucky she didn't have to give a blood and urine sample too.

In the meantime, she saw lots of people being sent to secondary including a mother and her daughter. 

6 hours ago, W199 said:

Actually, my fiancee just went through immigration yesterday. She handed her passport and CFO.  He scanned the CFO and then asked "Why is your CFO for Canada if your fiance is from the USA?".  She replied that we are waiting for the K1.  He said "oh, so you will be meeting in Canada while waiting."

Wow good to know.

22 hours ago, W199 said:

Then he asked to see the receipt for the CFO!!! She gave him the paper receipt we printed out.  He said "no, he wants to see the EMAIL receipt" !!!!

Luckily she was able find it in her email.ile he 

If that was not enough, he he then left his immigration booth, with a very long line of other people waiting and went to some back office. 

After a while he came back and gave her back the passport and said "have a nice trip".    I wonder the things he was verifying back there, since he already has access to her passport and CFO data.

It might be because ANYONE can peruse someone's highly detailed personal CFO information at https://manila.cfo.gov.ph/GCP_Online_Manila/ with nothing more than an e-mail address.🙄  Such as, there is no password or even unique username.  Type in the e-mail address of a CFO participant and you are in with zero security whatsoever. That definitely applies to Manila face to face CFO.  Not sure if it's the same with online only

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
On 5/27/2023 at 11:11 AM, top_secret said:

It might be because ANYONE can peruse someone's highly detailed personal CFO information at https://manila.cfo.gov.ph/GCP_Online_Manila/ with nothing more than an e-mail address.🙄  Such as, there is no password or even unique username.  Type in the e-mail address of a CFO participant and you are in with zero security whatsoever. That definitely applies to Manila face to face CFO.  Not sure if it's the same with online only

We did the online CFO.  I just checked that link, and it said "email not found" for us. Therefore it only applies for the face to face CFO..  But wow, that sure is a security hole.   Maybe that is a good reason to do the online version.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.