PanFriedTofu

Placed on AP after IR-1 interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

At the interview (Montreal Consulate), I was issued a 221(g) white slip and my passport was returned to me on the spot.

The officer told me they had all the documents they needed and the white slip says: "Supplemental questions will be sent to you by email. Passport"

Also, the signature space was left blank by the officer.

I can't seem to get any info on what this means other than it could be anything 😐

How long does it take to receive the e-mail?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, PanFriedTofu said:

Yes - Canadian, born and raised here, never lived or worked anywhere else.

I can only guess the questions you will be asked pertain to the ds 5535 

sorry, its only a guess 

but they have put case in AP for extended security checks

any hint why?

questions they asked at interview should tell u 

travel outside Canada?

how long have u known USC spouse?

did u proclaim love and marriage fast upon meeting?

is there a big age difference?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I can only guess the questions you will be asked pertain to the ds 5535 

sorry, its only a guess 

but they have put case in AP for extended security checks

any hint why?

questions they asked at interview should tell u 

travel outside Canada?

how long have u known USC spouse?

did u proclaim love and marriage fast upon meeting?

is there a big age difference?

I'm not really sure why - there's very little in my background to indicate anything.

Questions asked were:

Who my sponsor is

When and how I met my wife

City and state where my wife lives

What my spouse and I do for work

Longest trip in the US

Travel outside of Canada in the past 5 years

I was given the white slip after that

We got married almost 2 years after meeting, we have a 6yr age gap.

She was a student and now works for a startup in the US and will start working at a consulting firm in a few weeks in the US and I work in a finance-related position for a law firm in Canada.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, PanFriedTofu said:

I'm not really sure why - there's very little in my background to indicate anything.

Questions asked were:

Who my sponsor is

When and how I met my wife

City and state where my wife lives

What my spouse and I do for work

Longest trip in the US

Travel outside of Canada in the past 5 years

I was given the white slip after that

We got married almost 2 years after meeting, we have a 6yr age gap.

She was a student and now works for a startup in the US and will start working at a consulting firm in a few weeks in the US and I work in a finance-related position for a law firm in Canada.

not sure from the above what the CO was concerned with

the very best to u and hopes this can be overcome qucikly

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You will likely receive the DS-5535.

Start reading and following this thread: 

Interview was March 22nd, shouldn't I have received that form already?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Check the spam folder to see if it went there. 

It's not there and I check regularly - is it uncommon to wait this long for that form? Or could it just be an indication that it's not that?

My status was updated on March 22nd and 23rd but no difference in either and says refused (both dates).

Just now, PanFriedTofu said:

It's not there and I check regularly - is it uncommon to wait this long for that form? Or could it just be an indication that it's not that?

My status was updated on March 22nd and 23rd but no difference in either and says refused (both dates).

It tends to take a few days, not a whole week. Not sure how backlogged they are and if they set specific days to send emails - which sometimes is the case-.

You can always contact them to inquire. Or ask on the thread I shared.

Doubt it is something else given that the slip literally states supplemental questions will be sent to you by email. 

6 hours ago, PanFriedTofu said:

At the interview (Montreal Consulate), I was issued a 221(g) white slip and my passport was returned to me on the spot.

The officer told me they had all the documents they needed and the white slip says: "Supplemental questions will be sent to you by email. Passport"

Also, the signature space was left blank by the officer.

I can't seem to get any info on what this means other than it could be anything 😐

How long does it take to receive the e-mail?

Very, very common at the moment for Montreal.   I suggest joining the very active thread linked by Allaboutwaiting, it is full of people in extended AP with no known red flags or reasons.   Many have had to undertake lawsuits to get things moving after a year or more in AP.   Hopefully yours is not that long.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Usually people get sent the DS-5535 questionnaire within 24 hours.  I'd contact the Consulate.  In the meantime, you're going to have to start digging through and find your travel history for the last 15 years.  It's quite the undertaking.  

So sorry you got handed this.  That thread listed above has a number of knowledgeable people who can provide advice.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 3/29/2023 at 12:58 PM, PanFriedTofu said:

Interview was March 22nd, shouldn't I have received that form already?

Hi there,

My mother had her ir5 interview there yesterday and was handed out the same white slip to her. Her passport was returned as well. Do u mind if you share what your slip actually looks like? Hers looks like this. We also do not really know what this was given. Officer just said wait for their email...received_934852217647073.jpeg.c6c85185b9ce3d9493b20d4653061ddc.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, hyoliyuli said:

Hi there,

My mother had her ir5 interview there yesterday and was handed out the same white slip to her. Her passport was returned as well. Do u mind if you share what your slip actually looks like? Hers looks like this. We also do not really know what this was given. Officer just said wait for their email...

Mine looks like this:

20230330_160352.thumb.jpg.16d14689d63d4f71c098e03e932525bf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.