Seven

The processing times fear mongering

22 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2023 at 6:00 PM, Seven said:

I am talking about what people say, stories they tell that make it look all cases are a nightmare. I am also talking about news to where it was said that it is crazy what immigration is doing to LPRs making them wait forever just to print a green card. I am also talking about the false advertisement and push that in these times it is better (if we only factor processing time) to do the N-400 than renewing a green card. That is all I am talking about. I understand that USCIS puts all cases from all people of all walks in life to do an estimate. It can be people who committed a crime or other irregularities that make their case longer and skew the estimation numbers. All I wanted is to share my experience to show not all cases are a nightmare. I have not won a Nobel prize, I am not in the military, I have done nothing special to get my case expedited. It just happened that way. I filed online, Potomac. No issues, it can happen.

A lot of people that file i-90 cannot file online -- for instance my wife. 

No criminal record. Nada. But since USCIS made the error of giving her a CR1 visa, we must send back the CR-1 Card, suffer for about 20 months (minimum, or so I've heard for cases like these) to get that corrected, and constantly worry about renewing her i-551 stamps so she doesn't get detained by ICE for whatever reason.

Edited by xzsca10

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, xzsca10 said:

No criminal record. Nada. But since USCIS made the error of giving her a CR1 visa, we must send back the CR-1 Card, suffer for about 20 months (minimum, or so I've heard for cases like these) to get that corrected, and constantly worry about renewing her i-551 stamps so she doesn't get detained by ICE for whatever reason.

I am sorry that was the situation. Also, please notice that there are special situations that prevent certain things. Most people can apply by mail and online. Also, I am just talking about a simple 10 year card renewal (I-90 for a 10 yr card renewal). I understand people with certain special circumstances can be irritated about their situation and case.  By the way a lawyer told me not to apply online because it would take longer. So you know. There are stories of positive outcomes out there so just sharing one. To be fair, USCIS also sends an automatic notice of action letter letter with a two year extension on your expired green card. Wish you the best.

15 hours ago, xzsca10 said:

Ah that's unfortunate. But the 20 months is more of a maximum of sorts so there's good chance it's gonna be sooner. Hoping for the best for you case.

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Seven said:

I am sorry that was the situation. Also, please notice that there are special situations that prevent certain things. Most people can apply by mail and online. Also, I am just talking about a simple 10 year card renewal (I-90 for a 10 yr card renewal). I understand people with certain special circumstances can be irritated about their situation and case.  By the way a lawyer told me not to apply online because it would take longer. So you know. There are stories of positive outcomes out there so just sharing one. To be fair, USCIS also sends an automatic notice of action letter letter with a two year extension on your expired green card. Wish you the best.

Sorry if I came off hostile yesterday, appreciate your response. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Tbh this tracks with trends we've seen across many types of filings since the start of the year - some lightning fast approvals (even for I-751) for recently filed cases/petitions. Meanwhile, people who have already been waiting over a year are...still waiting. Makes some 2023 filers very very lucky, and lowers USCIS' overall processing times, but doesn't help those that have already been languishing, waiting for any kind of update.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 3/26/2023 at 1:13 PM, Lemonslice said:

My timeline was very similar to yours. 

Fast and smooth experience.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/790597-10-year-card-renewal-surprisingly-smooth-experience/

Any idea why they did not need to be biometrics?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.