calberry

How long from interview/approval to passport pickup

6 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, calberry said:

My parent's IR5 interview ended with them getting approved verbally. It's been 2 weeks and... crickets. Do we continue waiting or are we missing a step?

Did they keep the passports?  What is the status on CEAC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

No additional step assuming they were not given an RFE at the interview asking for more information.  All you can do is wait at this point and hopefully you will hear something soon.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tried reading thru the list of messages u posted and did not see what country

makes a difference as they have various was to return passports with visas

and please do a timeline.  iD the country so all this goes into the portal for your country to help others with same or similiar issues

13 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Did they keep the passports?  What is the status on CEAC?

Yes, they kept the passports.

Status at https://ceac.state.gov/IV says "Your case is currently being reviewed at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your visa interview will take place"

Status at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV says "Issued. Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon"

We just got an email from no-reply@ustraveldocs.com saying "Document Status. Dear XXX YYY, Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate. The passport number being returned is XXXX. You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:  XXXXX" 

We will go to pickup first thing in the morning -- this sounds good but still, fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Tried reading thru the list of messages u posted and did not see what country

makes a difference as they have various was to return passports with visas

and please do a timeline.  iD the country so all this goes into the portal for your country to help others with same or similiar issues

This is for Nepal. How do you create a timeline or ID the country? I'm happy to share anything helpful

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, calberry said:

This is for Nepal. How do you create a timeline or ID the country? I'm happy to share anything helpful  

Go to your profile 

hit the word timeline and create one

OR hit the word timeline above 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.