Iris1954

N 400 Timeframe

5 posts in this topic

We submitted the N 400 paperwork. about one month ago and received notice of a biometrics appointemnt scheduled for next week. This happened much sooner than we were expecting being they initially gave us a 16 time frame of when the interview would occur.  Is there usually a long delay after the biometrics appointment?  We are wondering if my spouse needs to start studying for his exam now and also should we get the tax forms together now?  

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Seems like most newly filed N-400s get oath in under 6 months. 

In Q4 of FY2022, most of USCIS’s resources were applied to N-400s

I filed at the end of December 2022. Biometrics were reused and my interview was scheduled on February 2. The interview is on Friday. It can't hurt to at least review the civics questions and start practicing.

When I checked the USCIS site they estimated my processing time to be 16.5 months. After filing it said 10 months which also wasn't accurate.

Edited by AHC_2015
Added another paragraph

May 25, 2004: Got married in Denmark
June 8, 2004: Received passport with new last name
June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot
June 18, 2004: Received letter of appointment plus packet 4
August 5, 2004: Interview at U.S. embassy - APPROVED!!!
August 19, 2004: Went back to the U.S. with my husband
May 27, 2006: Filed I-751
July 25, 2006: I-751 approved!

March 13, 2016: Filed I-90 for Permanent Resident Card renewal

March 22, 2016: Received letter of appointment for biometrics appointment

April 8, 2016: Biometrics appointment

September 21, 2016: I-90 approved

December 27, 2022: Filed N400 for US citizenship

December 27, 2022: Biometrics reused

February 2, 2023: Interview notice received

March 10, 2023: N400 approved 

March 10, 2023: Oath ceremony notice provided right after interview 

March 24: Oath ceremony 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.