2 posts in this topic

I am probably asking really stupid questions, but I want to make sure I do this properly so... HERE WE GO.

1. I'm filling for a fiancé visa, (K1). Question number 4 asks if I'm filing for fiancé or spouse. I chose fiancé. Question number 5 asks if I am filing for a spouse if I have filled out form I-130. Do I skip this question or type no? 

2. My fiancé is from Argentina. He only has had one under the table job (which he quit a year ago because the man who hired him failed to train him some important things about the job and would abandon him and he'd be left alone to try and figure it out without training). He's been studying on and off trying to figure out what to do. I put that job down, but will not having a job cause problems? I know it's best to be honest on the visa.... 

3. If no landline/daytime phone, use mobile phone in that place? Or just mobile phone number where it asks for mobile. 

4. Part 4 (Other information about crimes). I have not committed any crime. So for P3 5.d I put "Not Applicable, beneficiary is my spouse or I am not a multiple filer?" Is this correct?

5. For questions about address, work, children, I put N/A for non-applicable on these extras (If I only have one)? or leave blank. I know there are things I put as non-applicable but I'm not sure WHAT specific things need or don't need.

6. For questions that say "If yes (on question above), please provide information..." If I select "No" do I write N/A or leave blank? Examples: IMB section, other information (about criminal record), If you have children, or your fiancé has children. 

7. "If your fiancé is currently in the united states complete the following questions.." He is not, but should I still put his passport number and expiration or write N/A or leave blank? 

8. Working dates. For my present LIVING LOCATION and JOB, you put the first one. They say to write MM/DD/YYYY. But if I'm working and or living there presently can I just write PRESENT?

9. Interpreter and Preparer sections: Leave blank, or write N/A? 

Sorry if these sound stupid. Paperwork stresses me out and I understand best when I talk to actual people than reading. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, Elizah said:

I am probably asking really stupid questions, but I want to make sure I do this properly so... HERE WE GO.

1. I'm filling for a fiancé visa, (K1). Question number 4 asks if I'm filing for fiancé or spouse. I chose fiancé. Question number 5 asks if I am filing for a spouse if I have filled out form I-130. Do I skip this question or type no?

skip 

2. My fiancé is from Argentina. He only has had one under the table job (which he quit a year ago because the man who hired him failed to train him some important things about the job and would abandon him and he'd be left alone to try and figure it out without training). He's been studying on and off trying to figure out what to do. I put that job down, but will not having a job cause problems? I know it's best to be honest on the visa....

disclose the job. This isn’t even a debate. 

3. If no landline/daytime phone, use mobile phone in that place? Or just mobile phone number where it asks for mobile.

a mobile phone is a day phone.  Landlines are dead. 

4. Part 4 (Other information about crimes). I have not committed any crime. So for P3 5.d I put "Not Applicable, beneficiary is my spouse or I am not a multiple filer?" Is this correct?

Yes 

5. For questions about address, work, children, I put N/A for non-applicable on these extras (If I only have one)? or leave blank. I know there are things I put as non-applicable but I'm not sure WHAT specific things need or don't need.

can’t say without knowing you and the  reference to the specific question. 

6. For questions that say "If yes (on question above), please provide information..." If I select "No" do I write N/A or leave blank? Examples: IMB section, other information (about criminal record), If you have children, or your fiancé has children.

generally blank. The IMB question clearly says to answer 56-62 if you used an IMB

7. "If your fiancé is currently in the united states complete the following questions.." He is not, but should I still put his passport number and expiration or write N/A or leave blank?

Blank. 

8. Working dates. For my present LIVING LOCATION and JOB, you put the first one. They say to write MM/DD/YYYY. But if I'm working and or living there presently can I just write PRESENT?

present is fine. 

9. Interpreter and Preparer sections: Leave blank, or write N/A?

blank depending on how you answered Part 5 petitioners statement 

Sorry if these sound stupid. Paperwork stresses me out and I understand best when I talk to actual people than reading. 

1. See 

2. if forms stress  you then  I-129F is the wrong choice because it gets worse from here. Get married. File I-130 online which will will be a simpler experience for you. Ask your foreign spouse to not engage with NVC until month 19 of your marriage and tell your spouse to not enter the USA until the day after your 2 year marriage anniversary. That way I-130 is the last form you will fill out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.