Alex&Nayden

March 2023 NVC Submission

363 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Updating the list based on current case review time.

VJ User

Submitted

DQ Estimate

RFI

Days to RFI

Resubmit

DQ Actual

Days to DQ

@NorthnerSouth98

3/2

3/19

@Alex&Nayden

3/3

3/20

@sky88

2/15

3/20 (post-RFI)

Y

3/3

@IRFUN

3/6

3/23

@mark-kh

3/6

3/23

@Ramirez65 (1)

3/9

3/26

@Kw1097

3/11

3/28

@EdoLove

3/11

3/28

@A&J22

3/11

3/28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/8/2023 at 8:57 AM, Alex&Nayden said:

It will take 1-3 days for your status to change “CASE WAS SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE” then 1-3 days to get your email from NVC

When you log in, pay the fees right away. It will wake 2-5 days for the payment to process. Then, you can submit documents.

Here is what we submitted:

Petitioner (I am a USC):

US Passport Photo or US Birth Certificate

i864 Form (print and sign with pen!)

2022 Tax Return or Transcript

2022 W2

2021 Tax Return or Transcript

2021 W2

2020 Tax Return of Transcript

202 W2

2023 Paystubs

Employment Verification letter

Copy of Apartment Lease (proof of domicile)

Copy of Electric Bill (proof of domicile)

Beneficiary (my husband):

Police Certificate + Translation

Marriage Certificate + Translation

Birth Certificate + Translation 

Passport Photo

2x2 photo

DS260 (fill out online)

I have a question about the proof of domicile docs you submitted.  Were those required during the document submission process?  I haven’t done this for my husband yet because I’m waiting for my fee payment to clear but I did the submission of my stepson’s documents and was not asked for proof of domicile documents.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ramirez65 said:

I have a question about the proof of domicile docs you submitted.  Were those required during the document submission process?  I haven’t done this for my husband yet because I’m waiting for my fee payment to clear but I did the submission of my stepson’s documents and was not asked for proof of domicile documents.

Yes, they're required. 

Fortunately, you can still upload those documents for your stepson in the "Optional Documents" section. 🙂

17 minutes ago, IRFUN said:

Yes, they're required. 

Fortunately, you can still upload those documents for your stepson in the "Optional Documents" section. 🙂

I read somewhere that technically tax forms count as this as well, 401k statement or uploading pic of ID showing address?

Aside from a lease or electric bill what are others uploading to show proof of domicile?

USCIS Process

2.27.22 - Filed I-130 online

2.27.22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) -> Transferred (California Service Center)

Case Is Actively Being Reviewed Since 2.27.22

5.27.22 - K3 Received

6.1.22 - K3 Receipt Notice (California Service Center)

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

7.14.23 - Interview Letter Received

9.21.23 - Visa Approved (CR1 Interview)

Timeline

2 minutes ago, davidtech said:

I read somewhere that technically tax forms count as this as well, 401k statement or uploading pic of ID showing address?

Aside from a lease or electric bill what are others uploading to show proof of domicile?

Ways to prove domicile or intent to re-establish domicile are well-documented on VisaJourney. 

Scroll to the middle of the page to find other forms of evidence:

Edited by IRFUN

Timeline
2 hours ago, IRFUN said:

Ways to prove domicile or intent to re-establish domicile are well-documented on VisaJourney. 

Thank you for this link.  It says that proof of domicile is for petitioners who live overseas.  I live in the U.S. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, IRFUN said:

After reading everything in this link it brought up another question.  Since I’m filling out the DS-260 on behalf of my stepson and my husband, do I have to submit a DS-261 as their agent even though I’m the petitioner?  When I filled out the DS-260 for my stepson, I did state towards the end that I completed the form as the petitioner.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ramirez65 said:

After reading everything in this link it brought up another question.  Since I’m filling out the DS-260 on behalf of my stepson and my husband, do I have to submit a DS-261 as their agent even though I’m the petitioner?  When I filled out the DS-260 for my stepson, I did state towards the end that I completed the form as the petitioner.

Actually, at the end of the DS-260 it asked if the applicant had help in filling out that form and I checked "yes" and put all my information there.  My husband and stepson don't speak English well enough to be able to fill out that form themselves but obviously they gave me all the answers to the questions.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Ramirez65 said:

Actually when you are uploading docs they are not labeled as REQUIRED. They only require you to upload the i864 and your most recent tax return/W2 OR transcript. But I highly recommend showing some proof of domicile so you don't get an RFE. But even if you do get an RFE, it will only set you back 2 weeks as they are moving super fast right now. 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
1 minute ago, Alex&Nayden said:

Actually when you are uploading docs they are not labeled as REQUIRED. They only require you to upload the i864 and your most recent tax return/W2 OR transcript. But I highly recommend showing some proof of domicile so you don't get an RFE. But even if you do get an RFE, it will only set you back 2 weeks as they are moving super fast right now. 

Thank you - I will go ahead and upload them as long as I still have the chance to do so.  It can't hurt.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Newcitizen said:

Responded to RFE - Submitted documents (which NVC already had) on 3/14/2023.

I'm not sure if you've already mentioned it, but when was your submission and then when did they ask for RFE? Just curious about the timeframe. 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Alex&Nayden said:

I'm not sure if you've already mentioned it, but when was your submission and then when did they ask for RFE? Just curious about the timeframe. 

Original submission was February 25th. RFE received on March 13th. Responded to RFE on March 14th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.