D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

483 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, justmarriedusciti said:

Our removal of conditions journey so far:

03/25 Filed at AZ Lockbox via Fedex overnight.

03/27 Received case on USCIS account as well as text received from USCIS with IOE prefix receipt number

04/04 Received NOA in mail. 48 month extension approved

04/08 Received NOA for biometrics appointment in mail

04/19 Went for biometrics appointment

I read there are no interviews being done, so does that mean I should expect I-751 to be approved in less than a year?

Interviews are still being done, Just less than before. It looks like 2-3 years for most people right now 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey y'all, 

I called USCIS last month to confirm whether the receipt notice was sent and they informed me that it was sent on March 21. I called them today since it's been one month the NOA was sent and I didn't receive it. They filed an e-request for another letter to be sent. I'm so worried cause I have an important work trip (outside of the U.S) at the end of May and the return date is after my GC expiration. If I don't receive the letter that entails the GC extension I might have to cancel the trip and it will probably cause me a tremendous financial loss. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey y'all, 

I called USCIS last month to confirm whether the receipt notice was sent and they informed me that it was sent on March 21. I called them today since it's been one month the NOA was sent and I didn't receive it. They filed an e-request for another letter to be sent. I'm so worried cause I have an important work trip (outside of the U.S) at the end of May and the return date is after my GC expiration. If I don't receive the letter that entails the GC extension I might have to cancel the trip and it will probably cause me a tremendous financial loss. 

absolutely wouldnt risk to go without the NOA... cant your employer send someone else? I'm sure he will understand the situation.

I'm glad I got mine on Tuesday... I have a business trip in early June and I will already bring it even that the Greencard is valid till 07/01

I-751 Timeline

04/03/2023 - Filed (UPS Elgin, IL Lockbox)

04/04/2023 - Received by USCIS 💌

04/07/2023 - Text Message with Case # 📲

04/11/2023 - Online Status changed to being Actively Reviewed 👀

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

04/17/2023 - NOA FORM I-797 - 48 Month extension 🕗

According to my USCIS online account:

April 14, 2023
Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled
On April 14, 2023, we scheduled you for a biometrics appointment and sent you an appointment notice for Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by May 14, 2023, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

But I never received this appointment notice via mail. Should I just wait until May 14 to then request a copy? Presumably by then the appointment will have been missed.

Edited by Guillaryi

IR1/CR1 DCF (exceptional circumstances)

2021-01-19: I-130 filing arrives at Frankfurt Consulate

2021-02-02: I-130 NOA2, Packet 3 received (all via e-mail, no NOA1)

2021-02-16: I-864/Packet 3 arrives at Frankfurt Consulate

2021-03-01: Interview invitation received

2021-03-22: Interview at Frankfurt Consulate

2021-03-30: Visa ISSUED

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2023-03-28: I-751 filing arrives

2023-04-04: I-797 Notice of Action with 4 year extension

2023-05-02: Interview

2024-04-05: Approved

We sent my application on March 11th, usps website said it was delivered on March 13th (lockbox) but I didn’t hear anything back 🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s been 6 weeks. They didn’t take the money and I didn’t receive notifications. My green card expired on March 30th and I’m traveling to my home country in two weeks so I’m very stressed out about this 🥲 . I called many times and emailed them without a response. I should have heard something at this point, right? Anyone else in the same situation? Help 😭

5 minutes ago, Paula2101 said:

We sent my application on March 11th, usps website said it was delivered on March 13th (lockbox) but I didn’t hear anything back 🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s been 6 weeks. They didn’t take the money and I didn’t receive notifications. My green card expired on March 30th and I’m traveling to my home country in two weeks so I’m very stressed out about this 🥲 . I called many times and emailed them without a response. I should have heard something at this point, right? Anyone else in the same situation? Help 😭

Your stress is understandable, however you should have not planned any trips before having extension in hand.

Do not leave the US without extension letter or ADIT (I-551) stamp in your passport, because you will get stuck overseas. You won't be allowed to board a plane without right documentation.

You can call USCIS and request Infopass. You may or may not get one, depending how convincing and persistent you are.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 4/18/2023 at 1:22 PM, ChrissyCO said:

Omg I know right!? We have to drive about an hour to the USCIS office. Annoying but oh well! 

Not alone, I received my extension letter yesterday along with a separate notice for biometrics appointment. 

Does your notice mention any code number on the letter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
50 minutes ago, SIRE said:

Not alone, I received my extension letter yesterday along with a separate notice for biometrics appointment. 

Does your notice mention any code number on the letter?

Do you mean on the biometrics appt letter? I see close to the top right of the first page there’s a box labeled code. And ours says 3. No idea what that means. Maybe we will find out tomorrow during the appointment. And of course it’ll be snowing for the drive. Wonderful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ChrissyCO said:

Do you mean on the biometrics appt letter? I see close to the top right of the first page there’s a box labeled code. And ours says 3. No idea what that means. Maybe we will find out tomorrow during the appointment. And of course it’ll be snowing for the drive. Wonderful!

Yup, same code number for me. Let us know how it goes. Good luck! hopefully you will get good weather.

^that isn't my timeline. just jealous of how fast it's going

casestatusext website has the timelimes of a lot of IOEs getting approved fast

On 4/20/2023 at 12:10 PM, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey y'all, 

Why not just get a stamp? You can just do info pass and ask for a reentry stamp. You will have in hand extension for 1 year, until get the actual letter.

14 minutes ago, anton.oin said:

Why not just get a stamp? You can just do info pass and ask for a reentry stamp. You will have in hand extension for 1 year, until get the actual letter.

Green card (plastic) may be taken away when getting I-551 stamp. Extension letter doesn't extend stamps, only plastic GC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.