paradoxalist

Covid Vaccination Waiver?

25 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2023 at 10:52 AM, paradoxalist said:

Hopital Universitaire de la Paix in Delmas 33 is where my wife received her Janssen vaccine (1 dose)

Ok thank you very much I'll let my husband know thanks again 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/10/2023 at 12:12 PM, ashley99 said:

Who's lifting the requirements?  Can't find anything about this online.

hi there, there is much talk that Biden might sign the paper to stop the requirement but ONLY for tourists. However it is very complex. There are different laws set by different bodies. Here is an article by an attorney about them. I am in the situation of not wanting an MRNA vax, I could do any other but in the UK you can't choose the jab. https://brownstone.org/articles/visit-the-us-by-sea-or-land-if-not-by-air/

47 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

hi there, there is much talk that Biden might sign the paper to stop the requirement but ONLY for tourists. However it is very complex. There are different laws set by different bodies. Here is an article by an attorney about them. I am in the situation of not wanting an MRNA vax, I could do any other but in the UK you can't choose the jab. https://brownstone.org/articles/visit-the-us-by-sea-or-land-if-not-by-air/

Thank you! I have just seen this recently that it looks like the requirements will be lifted for tourists.  I am in the UK as well and we had a private GP say he would be able to get a hold of a specific kind if we requested it so it may be possible, but I'm not sure others are even available at this stage. We didn't take him up on the offer.

Timeline
12 hours ago, ashley99 said:

Thank you! I have just seen this recently that it looks like the requirements will be lifted for tourists.  I am in the UK as well and we had a private GP say he would be able to get a hold of a specific kind if we requested it so it may be possible, but I'm not sure others are even available at this stage. We didn't take him up on the offer.

Wow i didn’t know that a private GP can provide any vaccine. At the moment, India and other countries offer nasal spray vaccines and also Sinovac, none of them MRNA, but unless one travels to the foreign country he cannot get them, and must be resident too. I called the vaccination centre and I was told that I can never choose which vaccine and it will be MRNA. I would not count on immigration vaccines being lifted soon. There is a difference between tourist visas and immigration of K1 visas. To live in the USA one must take all their jabs including flu. It’s safer to refer to CDC website ètc to ensure we understand what is lifted, as many journalists are copying from one another but not investigating nor understanding the different laws and procedures needed to amend them. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
12 hours ago, October_4L said:

hello, what types of requirements are being lifted ?

Hi, for now they are lifting the visitors requirements. However nothing is mentioned about the immigration jabs. However today I found this ‘
Blanket waivers for the COVID vaccination will be applied in countries where the vaccine is not routinely available or when the vaccine is not age appropriate.  The Department of State encourages all immigrant visa applicants to get vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible to not experience delays in their visa processing.’ at the moment in the uk the jab is now restricted to over 75 or immune suppressed individuals if I understand well. I would love to hear by those who have interviews after the 11 may what medical they are getting! Because of the jab us not available then could I assume that it won’t be required? I have a year before my papers will even be seen as I applied in October 2022. Why the jab is required only for immigrants when all other categories don’t? It’s not logical. Link is 

Edited by Dragonsarereal

18 hours ago, Dragonsarereal said:

Hi, for now they are lifting the visitors requirements. However nothing is mentioned about the immigration jabs. However today I found this ‘
Blanket waivers for the COVID vaccination will be applied in countries where the vaccine is not routinely available or when the vaccine is not age appropriate.  The Department of State encourages all immigrant visa applicants to get vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible to not experience delays in their visa processing.’ at the moment in the uk the jab is now restricted to over 75 or immune suppressed individuals if I understand well. I would love to hear by those who have interviews after the 11 may what medical they are getting! Because of the jab us not available then could I assume that it won’t be required? I have a year before my papers will even be seen as I applied in October 2022. Why the jab is required only for immigrants when all other categories don’t? It’s not logical. Link is 

Do you have documented attempts of you trying to get vaccine and getting rejected?

Timeline
5 hours ago, OldUser said:

Do you have documented attempts of you trying to get vaccine and getting rejected?

It’s difficult to document the many phone calls I made to doctors and vaccination centres. I tried to get NOvavax but I was told every time that it’s not possible. The important fact is that the principles behind the lifting of the jab should apply to everyone and not just to non migrant arrivals.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dragonsarereal said:

It’s difficult to document the many phone calls I made to doctors and vaccination centres. I tried to get NOvavax but I was told every time that it’s not possible. The important fact is that the principles behind the lifting of the jab should apply to everyone and not just to non migrant arrivals.

Immigration visas has vaccination requirements.  Tourist visas do not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.