EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

489 posts in this topic

I suppose that's possible. Anything is possible. It doesn't seem plausible, though. Also, I'm generally significantly skeptical of most things I read in Facebook groups. There are so many people in those groups, and some people just spread mis- and disinformation. I have no idea what they get out of spreading disinformation. It's so weird to me. 

At the end of the day, I've adopted the stance that we just wait. Unless there is some statement issued by USEM or an email that someone posts along with their information (or some sort of hard evidence), I don't invest anything in what they share, because it's a crazy world and social media is a dumpster fire.

Happy new year to everyone and I hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question in regards to the petitioner's address information.

I , the petitioner (USC)  recently moved to a different state. I know for a fact that when my wife is interviewed by the embassy, she will be asked the address or location where she will be living when she immigrates to the US. And the immigration agent will likely be expecting that she mentions my original address. Which are written in all of our USCIS and NVC related documents.

How do go on about updating my address between USCIS and NVC?

My hope is that my wife can truthfully answer all questions pertaining to me and us living together.

Thanks all,

10 hours ago, Willie_Overall said:

Hope you're right.

One of the members of the Facebook group claims to have met with a congressman and that he was responsible for the June 2023 expedite. He said that the reason for the issues is some glitch in the system that they expect to be fixed in 2024. Who knows how accurate that is (between the guy, the congressman, and the embassy), but that's what he said.

If that's the case, then we might not expect another auto-expedite possibly ever and this was won't be resolved until that "glitch" is fixed (if it exists).

I saw that.  Let's all pray we don't have a Bananorama year.

5 hours ago, Rubanoid said:

I , the petitioner (USC)  recently moved to a different state. I know for a fact that when my wife is interviewed by the embassy, she will be asked the address or location where she will be living when she immigrates to the US. And the immigration agent will likely be expecting that she mentions my original address. Which are written in all of our USCIS and NVC related documents.

How do go on about updating my address between USCIS and NVC?

My hope is that my wife can truthfully answer all questions pertaining to me and us living together.

She will also be asked at the port of entry.. or at least my wife was.

Did you check on the CEAC/NVC upload docs?  There may be a suitable document type on the AOS side.  You could also provide a cover letter (as the petitioner) explaining the addendum.  IIRC, there is also an "unspecified" document type.

I'm sure your Filipina wife knows the address on record.  She could answer with that, as well as provide the new address, citing the move.

My wife and I entered the US together.  Port of entry was SFO.  When we got to the customs and immigration checkpoint, everything appeared to be normal.. then they said, "We just have a few more questions.  Follow us."  We were both nervous, of course.  I was allowed to go with her.  They just confirmed her name and the address where she will be.  That was it.  They directed us down another (eerily liminal) hallway, and we emerged at the baggage claim. 🥳🇺🇸 

Edited by aaroncv3
Grammar

On 1/17/2024 at 9:11 AM, CDJ1194 said:

15 May 2023 DQ here as well. IR1 Visa application. The only progress we've received is the invitation to create an account on Travel Docs; I've been checking at least once a week to see if we're able to book our own appointment, but nothing yet. Hoping for this month.

I haven't even seen that yet.  DQ 24 July.  When did you get the invite?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Content of one comment changed to remove language meant to by pass the profanity filter***

- VJ Moderation

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 1/19/2024 at 9:10 AM, flipicaneze said:

I haven't even seen that yet.  DQ 24 July.  When did you get the invite?

October is when we got the email to create an account. I thought the notification of the interview date was imminent but nothing still. 

What do you all think about this from the Facebook group?

"What I have heard is that there will be no more mass transfers.
NVC will schedule interview dates based on openings embassy gives nvc monthly.
Interviews will be scheduled in date order by DQ date
and it does not matter what type of immigrant visa (IR-1, IR-2, CR-1, CR-2, IR-5, F2A F2B) Ect......
There are many IR-5 (parents), F2A and F2B (spouses and children of green card holders), F3 married children over 21 and F4 siblings that were not included in last 2 the mass transfers. Therefore, they have the oldest DQ dates. Therefore, they are getting the interview slots in order now.
They are at January 2023 now. Looks like a lot more wait until they get to the IR-1 and CR-1 DQ in June 2023. A year wait could be the normal now.

Letters I am seeing from people writing senators and embassy response of currently working on January 2023 immigrant visas.
Also, I have my own visa consulting business. I have clients that are IR-5 Parents, F2A spouses of green card holders and F4 siblings. They all have way older DQ dates. I am physically seeing these clients getting actual interview dates assigned by NVC and IL by the embassy lately."

Others baced it up with stats and experiences.

Edited by Willie_Overall

21 minutes ago, Willie_Overall said:

What do you all think about this from the Facebook group?

"What I have heard is that there will be no more mass transfers.
NVC will schedule interview dates based on openings embassy gives nvc monthly.
Interviews will be scheduled in date order by DQ date
and it does not matter what type of immigrant visa (IR-1, IR-2, CR-1, CR-2, IR-5, F2A F2B) Ect......
There are many IR-5 (parents), F2A and F2B (spouses and children of green card holders), F3 married children over 21 and F4 siblings that were not included in last 2 the mass transfers. Therefore, they have the oldest DQ dates. Therefore, they are getting the interview slots in order now.
They are at January 2023 now. Looks like a lot more wait until they get to the IR-1 and CR-1 DQ in June 2023. A year wait could be the normal now.

Letters I am seeing from people writing senators and embassy response of currently working on January 2023 immigrant visas.
Also, I have my own visa consulting business. I have clients that are IR-5 Parents, F2A spouses of green card holders and F4 siblings. They all have way older DQ dates. I am physically seeing these clients getting actual interview dates assigned by NVC and IL by the embassy lately."

Others baced it up with stats and experiences.

What I personally think is:

1) The Facebook groups are dumpster fires

2) The OP of that post didn’t cite any credible source for their information beyond making sure to mention they have a visa consulting business (which could mean absolutely anything if it’s true) and they have “personally seen…” etc. “I’ve heard” is generally the lowest tier of unreliable. 

3) I’ve noticed many posts in various Facebook groups intend to create fear and uncertainty through obvious disinformation. I have no idea what people get out of doing that. 

4) If the Department of State were to lump all visa categories together and interview by PD for all categories, then K1s will be waiting years since certain family-based categories are issues based on lottery systems and allotted visas per year (at least that’s my understanding, anyway). I believe that’s one reason why they in fact do not operate that way. I can’t see any reason why they would do this, and I would love to know where the OP “heard” this. But…maybe it’s true. Anything is possible, I suppose, and nothing would surprise me at this point. 

If one of the members here posts a response that either affirms or discredits this, depending on the person who posts, I will invest much more in that response than the FB post, so I’m glad you posted this up here for response. Members here typically cite their sources of information and are far more credible. 

Just my .02. 🤙🏾

49 minutes ago, Jason and May said:

What I personally think is:

1) The Facebook groups are dumpster fires

2) The OP of that post didn’t cite any credible source for their information beyond making sure to mention they have a visa consulting business (which could mean absolutely anything if it’s true) and they have “personally seen…” etc. “I’ve heard” is generally the lowest tier of unreliable. 

3) I’ve noticed many posts in various Facebook groups intend to create fear and uncertainty through obvious disinformation. I have no idea what people get out of doing that. 

4) If the Department of State were to lump all visa categories together and interview by PD for all categories, then K1s will be waiting years since certain family-based categories are issues based on lottery systems and allotted visas per year (at least that’s my understanding, anyway). I believe that’s one reason why they in fact do not operate that way. I can’t see any reason why they would do this, and I would love to know where the OP “heard” this. But…maybe it’s true. Anything is possible, I suppose, and nothing would surprise me at this point. 

If one of the members here posts a response that either affirms or discredits this, depending on the person who posts, I will invest much more in that response than the FB post, so I’m glad you posted this up here for response. Members here typically cite their sources of information and are far more credible. 

Just my .02. 🤙🏾

Good points.

Another member of that group responded with this:

"Unfortunately, the data does seem to reflect what he's saying. There were almost 1000 F category visas processed in November 2023 and only 130 spousal visas (so about a ratio of 10:1). If you compare this to January 2023, there were about 400 F category visas processed and about 80 spousal visas (still disgustingly low, but a ratio of 5:1)."

At least that one is based on data but yeah who knows.

1 hour ago, Willie_Overall said:

Good points.

Another member of that group responded with this:

"Unfortunately, the data does seem to reflect what he's saying. There were almost 1000 F category visas processed in November 2023 and only 130 spousal visas (so about a ratio of 10:1). If you compare this to January 2023, there were about 400 F category visas processed and about 80 spousal visas (still disgustingly low, but a ratio of 5:1)."

At least that one is based on data but yeah who knows.

I think, though, if we we’re talking a sweeping change in the Department of State in how visa interviews are processed, then we can’t look at only USEM. We would instead need to analyze all statistical data for every embassy. Which could be difficult, to say the least.

I think if this is actually an issue up for debate as to reality, it might be best to inquire of USEM, the DoS, or a reliable immigration attorney how these interview dates are being processed and if what currently amounts to a is true. 

37 minutes ago, Jason and May said:

I think, though, if we we’re talking a sweeping change in the Department of State in how visa interviews are processed, then we can’t look at only USEM. We would instead need to analyze all statistical data for every embassy. Which could be difficult, to say the least.

I think if this is actually an issue up for debate as to reality, it might be best to inquire of USEM, the DoS, or a reliable immigration attorney how these interview dates are being processed and if what currently amounts to a is true. 

Well, just looking at some of the other backed up embassies (Islamabad and Ciudad Juarez), it very clearly isn't the case. Way more spousal visas are being processed than F1, F2, F3, F4, etc.

This seems to be a Manila-exclusive problem.

1 hour ago, Willie_Overall said:

"Unfortunately, the data does seem to reflect what he's saying. There were almost 1000 F category visas processed in November 2023 and only 130 spousal visas (so about a ratio of 10:1).

They shouldn't be prioritising family preference categories over spousal, the order for priority is quite clear - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-news-archive/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

But those 1000 F category cases could well only be 300 or 400 principal applicants, when you include dependents in that - the person that's done the sums doesn't seem to have included spousal dependents so it's not really a fair comparison. 

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

They shouldn't be prioritising family preference categories over spousal, the order for priority is quite clear - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-news-archive/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

But those 1000 F category cases could well only be 300 or 400 principal applicants, when you include dependents in that - the person that's done the sums doesn't seem to have included spousal dependents so it's not really a fair comparison. 

Those nonimmigrant visas, though.... DoS sure did prioritize them in 2023 and then shouted from the tree tops how great the U.S. is to visit, go to school, and work in, and how welcome and encouraged to apply tourists, students, and workers are, because they have the main priority of processing. So, meanwhile, USEM is issuing 50 CR1s in a month and nearly 14,000 tourist visas. So crazy to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.