EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

493 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ACUniii7 said:

DQ'd on June 2023. Still waiting for progress.

I'm rooting for you guys.  I hope it happens soon.

10 minutes ago, curtgolf said:

Another month andUSEM still not processing IR/CR visas. Applicants with DQ date of Mid May until now still cant get interview appts.

We are a July DQ, I feel your pain.

It seems like USEM Manila is doing auto-expedite every 5 months.  Happened in January, then in June.  I suspect we won't hear anything till Nov, just another couple of months. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
46 minutes ago, flipicaneze said:

We are a July DQ, I feel your pain.

It seems like USEM Manila is doing auto-expedite every 5 months.  Happened in January, then in June.  I suspect we won't hear anything till Nov, just another couple of months. 

Its the lack of information from the USEM that gets to me.  

I fully expected another 5-6 month wait when I saw it happen the first time.  Looks like an October/November update, which is why we haven't scheduled medical yet.  Frustrating to wait, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  A little ways to go and we'll be there.  We just need to set the next group up with the expectation that this is the new normal.

Edited by NeonParticles

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Back when we got approved at USCIS part last year, we estimated to have our interview around September time (based from the timelines of others last yr) so me and my husband we'll be together by Christmas. 

Apparently all of this are just wishful thinking despite them being more operational now that covid is no longer an issue .

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, PsychoGF said:

Back when we got approved at USCIS part last year, we estimated to have our interview around September time (based from the timelines of others last yr) so me and my husband we'll be together by Christmas. 

Apparently all of this are just wishful thinking despite them being more operational now that covid is no longer an issue .

I'm so tired of DOS still using COVID-19 has an excuse for these delays.  It is just wrong that people can get tourist visas within 4 months and it takes 2 or 3 years for IR/CR visas..

Another Monday passed and still no update. It's looking like we'll really get the next mass auto expedite on November (5 months after the last one, June 26) 😭

We really need a miracle at this point

• 2 weeks later...

I have no paid leave left at work, but I haven’t seen my wife in many months, and we have no idea how ridiculously long the wait for her interview could be, so I’m taking unpaid leave and going to see her next month. I’ll plan again for May, when I have 3 weeks of paid leave accrued again if she’s still not interviewed by then. 

I suspect since we weren’t DQ’d until 08/24, we may not be included if any auto-expedite does happen in November. I hope you all are included and you can finally be with your spouses. The state of uncertainty in so many areas from geopolitics to just general PI governmental dysfunction makes the waiting game even more frustrating. 

🤙🏾

3 hours ago, Jason and May said:

I have no paid leave left at work, but I haven’t seen my wife in many months, and we have no idea how ridiculously long the wait for her interview could be, so I’m taking unpaid leave and going to see her next month. I’ll plan again for May, when I have 3 weeks of paid leave accrued again if she’s still not interviewed by then. 

I suspect since we weren’t DQ’d until 08/24, we may not be included if any auto-expedite does happen in November. I hope you all are included and you can finally be with your spouses. The state of uncertainty in so many areas from geopolitics to just general PI governmental dysfunction makes the waiting game even more frustrating. 

🤙🏾

We're in the US together now, but your optimism is no less inspiring.  I pray you all get good news soon.

If you can afford it, i think that's a great idea.

I spent almost a year in the Philippines waiting with my wife for the process.  I did not expect how a year in the Philippines made the first month living together in the US such a breeze.  We really had the benefit of already finding our rhythm together.  I definitely needed to find patience with certain aspects of Philippine culture!

On 10/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, aaroncv3 said:

I definitely needed to find patience with certain aspects of Philippine culture!

I'm with you there.... :clock:😉

Hopefully nearing the finish line for this batch of mass expedites... fingers crossed for all of us.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

• 3 weeks later...

It's already November and we are nearing the 5th month mark since the last mass auto expedite (June 26).

Prior to that, the last one was back in January 25 - which is also 5 months before.

How likely is it that we'll finally be getting another auto expedite this month?

I'm not trying to get my nor anybody's hopes up too much but the long wait is becoming insanely unbearable 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.